The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can we get some explanation as to why Surge is set to be nerfed?

Destrucshot

A lot of people are confused or angry about it [who are aware of it], and I was wondering if we could get a breakdown from a Bioware dev as to why it will be nerfed, some of the reasoning behind it etc.

Is the metrics the reason as to why its getting nerfed or are players for some reason noticing its overall DPS advantage compared to every other stat? [i wasn't aware it was better than the other stats if it was, but would just like some info]

I think it was pretty obvious that something wasn't right with surge, other stats didnt make a so huge improvement, i'm gonna miss my monstruous crits, but i know it wasn't fair to have so much crit damage addition for a comparatively (with other stats) so low amount of surge rating.

My question is will this affect PVE at all. I just started a warrior and since PVE is mostly solo, will it affect my abilities in PVE. One thing I'm seeing is that people who play PVP complain that things are unbalanced and those of us who play mostly PVE get shafted because the PVP people complain about things not working as they want it to work.

My question is will this affect PVE at all. I just started a warrior and since PVE is mostly solo, will it affect my abilities in PVE. One thing I'm seeing is that people who play PVP complain that things are unbalanced and those of us who play mostly PVE get shafted because the PVP people complain about things not working as they want it to work.

If you say PvE is mainly solo, i guess you have not yet hit 50, until you hit 50 and start hoarding the good gear your surge rating will be way under the diminishing point, so i dont think you will notice a huge impact on your leveling.

Its true, power dosnt. Accuracy, power, tech power, heal power, force power, surge, and primary stats (willpower/str/end etc) dont cap. However, surge is currently op. You can stack it to achieve very high crits, capable of pretty much one shotting some people in pvp. This rebalancing is to fix that aspect.

Naturally, PVP is the only reason why anyone ever nerfs anything.

After looking at a spreadsheet linked in another post in PTS forums. Basically if you are 80+ surge expect to lose about 7 - 10% +. If you are less than that then the loss will be less severe.

Heres the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkYvaEVpHsu-dG1kYjFkMUpTcU5MOHdGeGV4Mk1oT3c#gid=0

There is another thread on the PTS with this link, and Im not taking credit for the work or even the link, just sharing is all :D

Edited by Maoxx

Naturally, PVP is the only reason why anyone ever nerfs anything.

Sith Warrior

Marauder

Obfuscate: This ability can no longer be used on Operation Boss enemies.

Yes because they never nerf anything pve related....

If they feel the game needs changes to make things more fair they will make them. Deal with it or move along

Pro Tip read and research before you post. You wont look as dumb as you do right now

Edited by Toolux