Will bypassing space combat missions limit character advancement ?

EenoZurem

I tried one of the first space missions and found it jaw-dropping awful.

It was like being on a kiddy ride, being pulled through space, only being able to aim a few degrees here and there off axis to shoot.

No thanks.

Can I advance normally and never, ever, ever have to do that again ?

Again, I'm hoping that space stuff is just fluff and not key to character development.

space combat is entirely non-critical to leveling. You can stay on par, and even ahead of the leveling by doing all side missions and some pvp. some planets you don't even need all the side missions.

so no, there is no detriment to not doing space combat besides not upgrading your ship, which serves no purpose out of space combat.

I dont think you really miss out on anything from char progression side if you dont do them (correct me if I am mistaken)?

Only thing I can think of is some upgrades for your ship (not needed if you dont do the missions though) and perhaps some XP and credits....

This may change in the future though.

For as much as they try to make a big deal out of getting your ship in the class story line it does not effect your character progression other than bribing you with exp and credits, which could be made up for through pvp or even repeating some "heroics" dailies.

Just as well, you can not steer your ship during combat so your ship can not steer your character developement. For being just a side show, they sure throw a lot of unneccessary cut scenes at it.

Far as I know it's totally optional. (At least for now. I don't want to jinx it by not saying this.)

Surprisingly, I've found that my alternate activity of choice in this game is actually the PVP. Which never ceases to amaze me because I've always *hated* PVP (read: been completely abysmal to the point of feeling embarrassment about it) in every other game I've played.

There's certainly no shame in not liking part of an MMO. There's lots of stuff to go around. :)

I'm somewhat sad I couldn't get into the space stuff, but that sort of thing has never been my strength so I didn't have my hopes too high to begin with.

Hope that helps. :)

in the early levels 15-20 the missions and dailies give you condsiderable amounts of xp, wuold say it is worth about 1 or even 2 levels (is a bit biased, because i had few time every day in that phase of the game and did almost only space-combat to at least fulfill the dailies). later though it is more neglectable.

Call me a pervert, but I like doing space combats from time to time. Some has a nice view, like nice-looking planets on a background, huge ice crystals in space and etc. Space missions are not challenging, but that’s not their point (at least for me). They relax me. I simply enjoy the view while blasting everything off.

It was like being on a kiddy ride, being pulled through space, only being able to aim a few degrees here and there off axis to shoot.

No thanks.

Again, I'm hoping that space stuff is just fluff and not key to character development.

Nope. Completely optional.

Space combat has been made even easier with last patch (enemy hits you less frequently or for less damage). As it has been mentioned, it is totally optional. But I for one enjoy it a lot. I haven't had this much fun doing space battle since the days of X-Wing. I think they implemented space battles really well, even though I don't see where it fits in a MMO. And the 2 daily commendations for doing the last space mission (which is even easier than the previous ones) is just gravy.

Call me a pervert, but I like doing space combats from time to time. Some has a nice view, like nice-looking planets on a background, huge ice crystals in space and etc. Space missions are not challenging, but that’s not their point (at least for me). They relax me. I simply enjoy the view while blasting everything off.

Gheeze. Why would that make you a pervert? Do you even understand what the term means? What you discribe is nothing wrong with it. You are a person who enjoys the art work in a game. The term you used to discribe yourself should not be used. Words we use are important.

Gheeze. Why would that make you a pervert? Do you even understand what the term means? What you discribe is nothing wrong with it. You are a person who enjoys the art work in a game. The term you used to discribe yourself should not be used. Words we use are important.

Yes and no. I got what he meant.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pervert

I would also argue that the noun form of the word is incorrectly (well, relatively speaking. the dictionary is law, I guess, but it just doesn't seem right) limiting relative to it's potential verb usages, and not surprising that its unintentionally misused from time to time. :o

Why you so serious? :cool: The true meaning of that word goes beyond sexual deviations (especially the verb form) , but... maybe not nowadays. Doesn't that duality make it even more fun? I thought it does, but guess I was wrong.

P.S.

But how else you'd have called a man who enjoys riding Mako in Mass Effect as well? :confused:

No thanks.

I really don't say much the fact that many people feel the same way as this person says it all.... what a sad attempt at space for a Star Wars game.

I'll just throw this out there as an extra thought. You might even WANT to skip some space combat dailies and whatnot. On my alt, I had so much rested xp, pvp'd pretty often, and did space combat that I out leveled a lot of the planets to the point where even my class quests were too low for me. I think I was level 38ish before the NPCs were about on par with me.

So if you want to see the planets and content, might not be a bad idea to skip it.

I'll just throw this out there as an extra thought. You might even WANT to skip some space combat dailies and whatnot. On my alt, I had so much rested xp, pvp'd pretty often, and did space combat that I out leveled a lot of the planets to the point where even my class quests were too low for me. I think I was level 38ish before the NPCs were about on par with me.

So if you want to see the planets and content, might not be a bad idea to skip it.

That's actually pretty common without rested XP. On my first 50, I did the Taris bonus series and half of the Tatooine bonus series. I was playing way too much during the holidays and didn't have much rested XP. I out leveled most of the content until I hit Voss.