Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Very Excited about SWTOR

iheartnyc

Can't wait to see what else is going to be coming for this game. Things we know are coming (have been announced):

1) New Warzone

2) Overhauled Space Combat

3) RANKED PvP

4) Guild bank (plus other guild features)

5) Additional ops/raids

6) New planets

7) High res textures

That alone will be great.

Things that I'm looking forward to and I'd bet are coming:

1) Arena (1v1)

2) Guild ships/home

3) New playable races

4) Barbershop

5) New companions

6) Higher level cap

7) Improvements/bug fixes overall

8) LFG tool (non-cross server)

I'm pumped!!!!

Edited by iheartnyc

Me too!!!!

*unsubed

*waits 6 months

Bad mistake man. Need to level up your alts so that when the new additions are ready, you're at the start of the pack instead of trying to catch up. If you have already done so, then yes, take a break from the game please and catch up on real life :)

Hi rez textures are coming? :rod_confused_g:

Yay!

Ya they announced it maybe 2-3 weeks ago that they're working on a solution. Not sure if it will be the same as the original advertisement, but it's a step in the right direction.

I liked how they randomly fixed (to a certain extent) the anti-aliasing without even mentioning that they were going to do that.

Always surprising us with random fixes and shortened downtimes.

Can't wait to see what else is going to be coming for this game. Things we know are coming (have been announced):

1) New Warzone

3) RANKED PvP

5) Additional ops/raids

6) New planets

7) High res textures

1) Arena (1v1)

2) Guild ships/home

3) New playable races

4) Barbershop

5) New companions

6) Higher level cap

I'm pumped!!!!

Some people are easily excitable.

When will this update happen?

Also a nice option would be able to actually choose which War zone to play in.

I hope BW tries to add more war zones quicker.

If they said we have to pay 30$ for a pvp expansion, then people would pay for that because thats what the game needs to help endgame for pvpers on a pvp server, but really swtor had lot of money that its not really an excuse how they packaged pvp on release.

Right now, another warzone is better than none, but not having a rank system, and grinding for gear, and playing in warzones I did not want to join has worn me out a bit. So I am now trying to convince myself on how to enjoy the game more. Should I even have to do that?

Well, I will be trying more alts now. Thats only because it has a SW stamp on their game.

I am doing this all the while every time looking at my lvl 50 every time I log in as a reminder of what felt like hard times.

Edited by VegaPhone

I think you are assuming to much with that list. They said guild banks and thats all, no other guild features. The high res graphics was a maybe with your own character thats it and it sure wasn't promised. They need to add more stuff to do at end game because it sure is lacking right now.

I think you are assuming to much with that list. They said guild banks and thats all, no other guild features. The high res graphics was a maybe with your own character thats it and it sure wasn't promised. They need to add more stuff to do at end game because it sure is lacking right now.

Uhm they said they are working on a solution for high res. They said they are working on many more additional end-game features (Vague yes, but they said so).

When will this update happen?

Also a nice option would be able to actually choose which War zone to play in.

I hope BW tries to add more war zones quicker.

If they said we have to pay 30$ for a pvp expansion, then people would pay for that because thats what the game needs to help endgame for pvpers on a pvp server, but really swtor had lot of money that its not really an excuse how they packaged pvp on release.

Right now, another warzone is better than none, but not having a rank system, and grinding for gear, and playing in warzones I did not want to join has worn me out a bit. So I am now trying to convince myself on how to enjoy the game more. Should I even have to do that?

Well, I will be trying more alts now. Thats only because it has a SW stamp on their game.

I am doing this all the while every time looking at my lvl 50 every time I log in as a reminder of what felt like hard times.

Ranked PvP will certainly change things. People sitll play original Counterstrike on De_Dust because it's ranked. Ranking PvP is going to be addictive.

Uhm they said they are working on a solution for high res. They said they are working on many more additional end-game features (Vague yes, but they said so).

BW should not be vague. Really, they need to be concise and build some confidence with their consumer after some major issues with their game.

They want to keep growing and making it big as an MMO, and not because they are milking a SW franchise (closing SWG just before swtor release), BW credibility and rep in RPG's, or adding more single player parts either.

I never bothered complaining about the problems I had raiding as well. That was another issue. However, I was willing to give that time, but I was cornered by raiding not working, and pvp not being a fully realized idea by BW for proper implementation that there was no/little end game.

Their expansion plans should say so many things for end game. Its important at this point. Also showing a video of the warzone would also help, with actual plans for what they are going to do with pvp in this game. For example open world zones and adding objectives to all planets possibly.

Ranked PvP will certainly change things. People sitll play original Counterstrike on De_Dust because it's ranked. Ranking PvP is going to be addictive.

Yea. I wonder why they left it out though. I mean they hurt thier game so much by not releasing it with the game at luanch. There are people who left the game for good.

Finish, I will probably never see them again.

Anyways, it will be great when it comes.

Yea. I wonder why they left it out though. I mean they hurt thier game so much by not releasing it with the game at luanch. There are people who left the game for good.

Finish, I will probably never see them again.

Anyways, it will be great when it comes.

You are correct. People have gone and they will not come back. I would hazard a guess that they wanted to get the game out before D3. That is why we are not seeing a finished game.

BW should not be vague. Really, they need to be concise and build some confidence with their consumer after some major issues with their game.

They want to keep growing and making it big as an MMO, and not because they are milking a SW franchise (closing SWG just before swtor release), BW credibility and rep in RPG's, or adding more single player parts either.

I never bothered complaining about the problems I had raiding as well. That was another issue. However, I was willing to give that time, but I was cornered by raiding not working, and pvp not being a fully realized idea by BW for proper implementation that there was no/little end game.

Their expansion plans should say so many things for end game. Its important at this point. Also showing a video of the warzone would also help, with actual plans for what they are going to do with pvp in this game. For example open world zones and adding objectives to all planets possibly.

Thank you for posting this. I could not have said it better. Their buggy game is one thing, but the lack of communication is the worst part.

I like the childlike enthusiasm of the OP, but I can't mirror it at all because it's going to be too little, too late. Every day playing this game is just working around bugs. They claim to fix bugs, and then the bugs are either still there or new ones have appeared.

And there's absolutely nothing to do at 50...

You are correct. People have gone and they will not come back. I would hazard a guess that they wanted to get the game out before D3. That is why we are not seeing a finished game.

Guessing why it was not a finished game is a waste of time. Instances are basically extensions of the game. The only explanation I have for BW having such a badly implemented state of affairs with their pvp is 1. They thought it was good enough for end game. 2. Spend too much time making stuff in general and their time was used up.

BW needs better intuition so they spend less time on the drawing board, and more time making stuff and testing it of course. Its a bit late now that the game is out. They had the money. I just think they spent it badly by not putting more into end game as they should have.

I feel like I have to set my expectations to a certain lvl, and in doing so I pretend I am just as incompetent so that it makes some kind of sense. How can I be part of something that I feel has the wrong idea for me as a pvper, and shows little plans for improvement? Pretending that there is no alternative is one of lowering expectations tools I use. I don't like to do that. I feel like I am part of a lie, tbh. Treated like an idiot when they call this pvp on a pvp server.

1) New Warzone

3) RANKED PvP

5) Additional ops/raids

6) New planets

7) High res textures

1) Arena (1v1)

2) Guild ships/home

3) New playable races

4) Barbershop

5) New companions

6) Higher level cap

I'm pumped!!!!

Some of the stuff you mentioned sounds cool - but you didn't mention the main thing I'm looking forward to, and that's the Legacy additions in March.

Glad to hear they are adding a LFG tool, though I'd prefer it to be cross-server so it would be max effective, but anything is better than what they have now so I welcome it.

Edited by JeremyDale

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.