Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Since dps Sorc BM gear sucks

DarthDerpDerp

...because of the wealth of the very worthless alacrity stat, anyone have a strat for improving it via outside mods they'd care to share?

P.S. Bioware: unscrew dps sorc gear...or at least give us some mod options we can purchase with one BM token in the future.

I've made this same exact thread, except swap out sorc for Mercenary and alacrity for accuracy. Since I don't raid due to my horrible work schedule, I'm left with 2 options at this point.

1) Collect the BM set and let Torian wear it until I have enough BM comms to buy pieces from a different class to strip the crit/surge (assuming there's any) mods from. This could take a REALLY long time since the BM comms have been coming in rather slowly. :(

or

2)Collect the BM set and let Torian wear it while I roll in my champ gear since it's really only a 4-5 point stat difference but I get to keep my crit and surge at respectable levels.

Otherwise, if I could raid I'd have access to Rakata level mods to replce the BM mods and have uber BM/Rakata hybrid gear. Too bad I can't. :(

It's pretty easy.. you've gotten a million duplicates by now, one of your pieces has good mods. Keep buying that piece, take the mods out and put them in your other slots.

/problem resolved

You're probably referring to Champ gear when you say "the millions of duplicates". This is about Battlemaster gear which have higher level mods than the Champion gear does. Spending time to buy the BM gear just so you can bring it back down to Champion level does absolutely nothing.

Edited by Arkhlin

I've made this same exact thread, except swap out sorc for Mercenary and alacrity for accuracy. Since I don't raid due to my horrible work schedule, I'm left with 2 options at this point.

1) Collect the BM set and let Torian wear it until I have enough BM comms to buy pieces from a different class to strip the crit/surge (assuming there's any) mods from. This could take a REALLY long time since the BM comms have been coming in rather slowly. :(

or

2)Collect the BM set and let Torian wear it while I roll in my champ gear since it's really only a 4-5 point stat difference but I get to keep my crit and surge at respectable levels.

Otherwise, if I could raid I'd have access to Rakata level mods to replce the BM mods and have uber BM/Rakata hybrid gear. Too bad I can't. :(

or you could put your champion mods in your BM till you can get the appropriate BM mods.

derp

or you could put your champion mods in your BM till you can get the appropriate BM mods.

derp

Because that's a really good system, right? No idea why Bioware thought it was a good idea to put accuracy on pretty much(if not all) all the BM DPS gear for Vanguard/PT.

doesn´t matter since they´re gonna mess surge up in the next patch just stack alac since you´re not gonna get any crits after that patch anyways =) And for the record just be happy your gear is not cluttered with frigging accuracy like the rest of us have.

derp

Tell me, what exactly would that accomplish that just using my champ gear doesn't already do? I'd rather not waste the 28k per mod to make it equivalent to gear that I'm ALREADY using. I'll still collect the set, but it'll be for my companion to strut around in while Bioware *hopefully* does something to address this.

doesn´t matter since they´re gonna mess surge up in the next patch just stack alac since you´re not gonna get any crits after that patch anyways =) And for the record just be happy your gear is not cluttered with frigging accuracy like the rest of us have.

surge =/= crit chance.

surge = damage multiplier when you land a crit. The ability to land a crit is a different stat.

Tell me, what exactly would that accomplish that just using my champ gear doesn't already do? I'd rather not waste the 28k per mod to make it equivalent to gear that I'm ALREADY using. I'll still collect the set, but it'll be for my companion to strut around in while Bioware *hopefully* does something to address this.

What the hell else do you waste money on in this game? I only pvp and am sitting on 1.5 mil. I friggen start my alts with 300k to up their inventory past mine own rofl.

That said, the Rakata suggestion is very solid. As it stands, I've started spreading one of the mods from the extra 4 champ headpieces I had. yes, its lvl 25 mod vs 26....but for the now, worth it to have a better aggregate stat pool. (crit+ surge vice any alacrity at all).

Edited by DarthDerpDerp

Actually BM gear just sucks in general. The stat difference from Champ to BM is minimal at best. I looked at the BM gear for warriors and the difference in some stats from Champ gear is like +6, +4, +6, etc. Doesn't seem like a smart way to encourage people to get the best PVP gear when it isn't much better then the tier below it.

Actually BM gear just sucks in general. The stat difference from Champ to BM is minimal at best. I looked at the BM gear for warriors and the difference in some stats from Champ gear is like +6, +4, +6, etc. Doesn't seem like a smart way to encourage people to get the best PVP gear when it isn't much better then the tier below it.

What you're saying is correct, there's not much of a difference but I have to tell you that in MMOs after most of the gear is maxed out, what makes the difference is those small numbers that you're creeping on. They do make difference, maybe not too obvious, but they do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.