Healing Help

onstorm

In the best interest of my guild, and due the fact that there are virtually zero healers on the imperial side on the server I am on which makes PVP extremely frustrating, I have decided to turn my DPS Sorc into a healer.

Here's my problem, I'm already @ lvl 50 and really have no idea how to play as a healer. Can someone point me in the direction of a decent guide or something that will at least give a decent basic idea of how to play as a healer.

Also any healer build suggestions and rotations would be greatly appreciated.

I would just roll a Sorc healer from scratch to learn, but I am already rolling a new Marauder (omg they rock for DPS btw) and I NEED my DPS fix and can't handle being a healer for 2 characters. I don't want to be one at all truthfully as I love being right smack dab in the middle of the action (yeah after playing a Marauder I do realize what a poor choice Sorc was for me to really play at all) so I would be happier if I could just get some tips that could help me pick up being a decent healer without having to go all the way back to square one.

It should be stated that I am really a complete noob to MMO's in general so I have zero experience or knowledge on anything healer related.

Edited by onstorm

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Sorcerer-Healing-Compendium

Tldr:

Cast resurgence whenever off CD, as it creates Force Bending buff for next heal, choosing the next heal according to different circumstances as follows:

**note that I am not saying this as gospel, just as general theory

Dark infusion is 1.5sec big heal for dealing with any spike damage to a single player, though not on death's door

Dark heal for a cheap force cost heal to top off someone

Innervate as the bailout for someone on the brink of death (following a static barrier), which also usually sets up a non-debuffed consumption if you get a free gcd.

Revivication if anticipating party-wide damage. This heal by itself is not terribly impressive, but because it's an aoe hot it can work impressively with your other heals.

I'll also point out that static barrier should not be used solely in emergencies, with talents it's actually a very force efficient heal by damage prevented. Cast this on someone whenever opportunity allows.

Edited by Ricqo

Thank gods for more healers!

Ricqo has already linked a fantastic healing guide. You may also want to check out the Force Heal forums as well as the plethora of blogs (most of which you can find on my website).

It's so great that you're looking to heal. It's all very easy at the moment so there could be no more perfect a time for you to jump in an start learning!!

Thanks for the help and info. Just one quick question, as a healer am I supposed to attack at all or just heal? Not speaking in times when I would need to defend myself obviously. If I do attack what is best to use as to ensure running out of force doesn't become an issue?

I do dps in between when fights are quick and not heavy like mobs in HM's. On bosses it depends, if healing goes smoothly and the tank is not getting too much spike dmg I do use shocks and FL, even CD in between. Sometimes I notice my healing is heavy on the force and I use consumption a lot. That's my hint to stop using dps because we're not specced into it and the forcecosts are too heavy.

If you repeat doing HM's/ops you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the help and info. Just one quick question, as a healer am I supposed to attack at all or just heal? Not speaking in times when I would need to defend myself obviously. If I do attack what is best to use as to ensure running out of force doesn't become an issue?

Healing is what you're supposed to do as healer and nobody is going to be mad if you don't attack at all. However, if the group isn't taking much damage and you find yourself standing doing nothing you might as well assist by attacking something to make things faster. Never let it disturb your healing though.

Healing is what you're supposed to do as healer and nobody is going to be mad if you don't attack at all. However, if the group isn't taking much damage and you find yourself standing doing nothing you might as well assist by attacking something to make things faster. Never let it disturb your healing though.

^This. Took the words right out of my mouth... or fingers... or whatever.