Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

This wait just to log in on your server is bloody stupid.

wullah

For crying out loud bioware you should just do like all the other mmo's limit the population of a server so that then nobody has to wait they can just log in as and when they please.

Log out to grab some food etc then you have to wait 1 hour and a half just to be able to carry on with that character that is bloody insane if that is how this mmo is going to roll when it comes to how you manage servers you just earned 1 less subscriber because it is the most stupid thing i have ever seen.

You pay for a game you expect to be able to play when you want end of sort it out as I know i wont be the only one not bothering with it bring back swg i say because this is just plane dumb.

You never played WoW did you? In the beginning of WoW you had to wait 8 hours to play it. So far the servers are fine and they still have time to fix it before launch. I think they not anticipated so much European players. Besides 1 1/2 hour wait time is nothing.

1.5 hours wait is nothing? I'm not sitting around for that long just to log into a game. When I can play WoW or Lotro instead. When I tried to click Cancel, the game hung on me.

Back in a few weeks to see if things have calmed down by then.

Edited by Varkiriel

It is still better now than what it was at the open beta weekend, with only one english european server! Very clever, so they have learned something but still we need more servers. But the problem when the new servers arrive its that pepole want to stay on the server theyve started with, and then we go on!

You never played WoW did you? In the beginning of WoW you had to wait 8 hours to play it. So far the servers are fine and they still have time to fix it before launch. I think they not anticipated so much European players. Besides 1 1/2 hour wait time is nothing.

What do you mean by the didn't anticipate the number of European players? This is early access - they should know exactly how many European players there are as everyone had to enter a code! Unless BW are a complete bunch of amateurs and didn't actually bother to count how many codes were entered.

every MMO some day "just came out". Some made mistakes, others learned from them. Obviously this wasn't the case here, since what's happening now, could have been calculated by server technicians.

And of course, the world owes me nothing. However Bioware owes me a game I paid...

Guys...

It's a STARWARS

MMO

that JUST came out. I know it's frustrating, but if you know how much time you'll need to wait before you can get into the game, go do something else for that amount of time and try not to think the world owes you anything.

It is still time your pc is running for without you even playing anything which = more electricity used with if you havent noticed it is expensive these days hence i'm frustrated because I have waist a load of electric and money just to login to a server which when your in a guild etc you want to be on the same server as them.

They knew they would have loads of people playing they are the ones who have hyped up the game for years so knowing how many have been wanting to get there hands on it for all this time they should know there are going to be loads of people logging in and should make more server and put a server cap on there servers so that there never are queues at all.

And like a guy said in the thread they knew the numbers as they sent out the invites to play early so they should have done the math.

Logged out to reboot computer cause game was getting proper laggy.

1000 people in cue when logging back in. Waited the hour+ until it was my turn and I got DCed from the server on loading the character screen. Back in the back of the cue again..

Now me and several guildies have problems with their client getting stuck on the login cue, to the point where it simply completely grinds to a halt..

no recollection whatsoever of having to wait 8hrs.. they not prepared enough for ll ppl that wanna get in =(

Edited by LunarW

Lol, seriously....you guys obviously weren't around for WoW's checkered past at launch, or say the beginning of TBC. This is small fries compared to those headaches, trust us.

Here's the deal: they could let you in and then the servers crash because you and the other 1000 impatient people are all swarming the first quest NPCs and clicking on him at the same time. Think that wouldn't take longer? and in that case, NOBODY gets to play for that time.

Here's the other deal: Yes, they could open up another 300 servers if they want. I have no doubt they could manage this. However, for the millions of dollars they'd have to spend on this little thing you want (really, you don't think a server just costs the pay for a BW employee to type in a server name, and then poof-voila, it is done, right?) and then in 3 weeks when the demand per server goes back down to normal levels, with people logging in and out at all times...you have 300 extra servers that are all ghost towns. All so you don't feel like you were cheated for a few days of early access.

Please, let me know where to send some of my grandson's extra pacifiers...I'll be happy to help you feel better!

Actually they need to OPEN more servers up. That would help immensly.

They've opened a number of new servers today, mostly EU servers. They know there'll be queues, it's only to be expected. What will be horrible, and the same issue Rift ran into, is that if they open enough servers that everyone can login without a queue, then, once the flood subsides and people get into their regular login habits, servers will be empty.

You are reffering to WOW, which is a good game to compare with, being a top MMO... BUT.. that launch was what 6-7 years ago?. One might think that if you want to launch another MMO you'd be learning from those past failures. That being said. The US servers if you visit http://www.swtor.com/server-status have only a few servers at full status whereas the european has something like 30 full servers, so it is definately possible to have this for european players aswell, it's all about addiing servers or increasing the capacity. Dont talk ******** about about it being a launch issue since clearly they accomadate the US properly.

The waiting times it shows is clearly incorrect also. Logged on 11.30AM. Server Full. YEP 11.30AM FFS.

Said 30 mins.

Its now 13.52 , 1 hour 20 mins later and still in same que which now says 55 mins.

People will put up with this for now, but once money starts getting taken out of our accounts for subscriptions, this wont be tolerated and will lead to cancellations.

Guys...

It's a STARWARS

MMO

that JUST came out. I know it's frustrating, but if you know how much time you'll need to wait before you can get into the game, go do something else for that amount of time and try not to think the world owes you anything.

It's called "Capacity Management", and whoever did it at Bioware hopefully got fired already.

You are reffering to WOW, which is a good game to compare with, being a top MMO... BUT.. that launch was what 6-7 years ago?. One might think that if you want to launch another MMO you'd be learning from those past failures. That being said. The US servers if you visit http://www.swtor.com/server-status have only a few servers at full status whereas the european has something like 30 full servers, so it is definately possible to have this for european players aswell, it's all about addiing servers or increasing the capacity. Dont talk ******** about about it being a launch issue since clearly they accomadate the US properly.

Richard, Its like 8am in the US so their unlucky to be full are they.

It is very annoying having to wait to log into the game though. But, this is free game time atm so Im not going to complain just yet.

At launch yes, what was that 5-6 years ago, leading MMO of all time?

What about expansions since? Absolutely fantastic i.e blizzard learnt!

Bioware have the benefit of every other MMOs experienced and have still royally mucked this up. Servers are sooooo imbalanced at the moment, some on standard pop, mine with a +2 hour wait.

Mate, things should get better, dont use WoW to make excused for them.

They are effectively saying from what I can read:

"we are over subscribing the servers at the moment to make sure there are enough people on once things are settled down, so you will feel the pain for us with ridiculous Q times so we dont have to feel the pain re-balancing servers in a month or so. Thanks for paying us your money and taking this crap :)"

It is still time your pc is running for without you even playing anything which = more electricity used with if you havent noticed it is expensive these days hence i'm frustrated because I have waist a load of electric and money just to login to a server which when your in a guild etc you want to be on the same server as them.

If you have problems paying your electrical bill due to your computer being on I suggest you stop paying for subscription-based games because you obviously have your priorities completely screwed up. :rolleyes:

Lol, seriously....you guys obviously weren't around for WoW's checkered past at launch, or say the beginning of TBC. This is small fries compared to those headaches, trust us.

Here's the deal: they could let you in and then the servers crash because you and the other 1000 impatient people are all swarming the first quest NPCs and clicking on him at the same time. Think that wouldn't take longer? and in that case, NOBODY gets to play for that time.

Here's the other deal: Yes, they could open up another 300 servers if they want. I have no doubt they could manage this. However, for the millions of dollars they'd have to spend on this little thing you want (really, you don't think a server just costs the pay for a BW employee to type in a server name, and then poof-voila, it is done, right?) and then in 3 weeks when the demand per server goes back down to normal levels, with people logging in and out at all times...you have 300 extra servers that are all ghost towns. All so you don't feel like you were cheated for a few days of early access.

Please, let me know where to send some of my grandson's extra pacifiers...I'll be happy to help you feel better!

Yes, yes, 1,000 times yes.

Hello everyone,

We know that the game queues are an important topic and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread where an official statement has been made. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!