Cross Server PVP is BAD...

Radox

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's -1 sub if there ISN'T cross server WZ queues. Acceptable alternative is also server merges. One or the other. Guess I would be okay with a decent server transfer, meaning all chars + legacy level moved to greener pastures.

Being unable to join a WZ for most of the day is not fun, nor something I intend to pay for any longer.

Everything that the OP suggests only happens in very very small communities. Nothing of which will ever happen in swtor to a meaningful level.

Cross server dungeon finders and pvp is needed.

It's the truth and people can deny it all day in hopes of creating a perfect community but that will honestly never happen.

err wut? Already happened on our server and it's packed with a pretty even balance. Nothing better in life than /laugh /cry at the same crap Imperial premades that fail to beat a pug.

It's 830 eastern spent 20 minutes waiting for a PvP que in Ilum. Match ended because not enough players. /cry

Hate to say it but..... We told you so!

I feel your pain dude as i play early AM and nothing is going on but its only going to get worse, I have seen this trend before and its always about gear Imbalances. Nobody wants to be farmed, or run into an invisible brick wall, or feel like they cant contribute to a team. Most people want real pvp competition. The only reason why WoW survived having a PVP stat is having the 11 million subs creating a larger pool of PVPers just by overall numbers, and still they have cross server PVP, that should be a red flag to anyone with a brain tbh..

As soon as they do cross server the PVP will be 100% dead...

Edited by Razot

Cross server dungeon finders and pvp is needed

How is it needed? I'm doing fine with Flashpoints, Operations, and Warzones without it. So tell me how it's needed?

Cross-server Warzones will destroy the rivalries I've built with the Repubs on my server. No thanks. I'll take community over convenience any day of the week.

Edited by Sevvy

Cross-server Warzones will destroy the rivalries I've built with the Repubs on my server. No thanks. I'll take community over convenience any day of the week.

Second that.

Jung Ma has a great community going. We know the good Sith players, and they know us. We talk to them, we watch their streams, and we have good, competitive matches.

If anything, it makes winning WZ's harder. They know our best dps and healers, and we get a lot of attention that we wouldn't otherwise get if we'd never faced off. We know them, too... you see a guy, and immediately think "where's SoAndSo?" (his pocket healer) because you've fought them dozens of times before.

That goes away with cross-server queues.

Problem: Small-mid population sides have PvP and PvE queue problems, especially in the off-hours.

Solution: Make everyone (including large pop servers) deal with the bad that comes from cross server queues? That makes no sense.

Assuming they put enough work into it, they can do some cross server combinations that retain enough feed for high pop server. ie:

Server 1 has low pop republic, and low pop empire

Server 2 has low pop republic, and low pop empire

Server 3 has low pop republic, and med pop empire

Server 4 has low pop republic, and med pop empire

Server 5 has low pop republic, and high pop empire

Server 6 has medium pop republic, and high pop empire

Queue merges:

Server 1,2,3,4 republic become a merged group: R1

Servers 5,6 republic become a merged group: R2

Server 1,3 empire become a merged group: E1

Server 2,4 empire become a merged group: E2

Server 5 empire stays it's own merged group: E3

Server 6 empire stays it's own merged group: E4

Matchups:

R1 fights against E1 and E2

R2 fights against E3 and E4

cross server only made idiots act more idiotic in my experience

they were more outspoken, or racist, or abusive simply because anonymity (sp?) was "higher" compared to same server :rolleyes:. Thats my experience of it and a lot of others (on our guild forums) agree with this

telling me it "is" needed, what was needed about this situation ? that good mannered players had to endure on a daily basis.

Second that.

Jung Ma has a great community going. We know the good Sith players, and they know us. We talk to them, we watch their streams, and we have good, competitive matches.

If anything, it makes winning WZ's harder. They know our best dps and healers, and we get a lot of attention that we wouldn't otherwise get if we'd never faced off. We know them, too... you see a guy, and immediately think "where's SoAndSo?" (his pocket healer) because you've fought them dozens of times before.

That goes away with cross-server queues.

I just dinged 50 a few days ago, and I already know that when I see a bunch of <Spectre> tags on the enemy team, it's going to be rough because you folks geared and coordinated. I also know that I'm going to be moving and probably dying more than usual because you actually pay attention to enemy healers, and you are effective at "discouraging" them.

I know when I see a certain sentinel on the enemy team that he's going to be on me for the entire match, making it difficult (if not impossible) for me to heal effectively unless I get support from my team. He's relentless, and I cringe when I see him leaping toward me. He's like a really abusive friend at this point. Eventually I'll get better gear. Hopefully that will help considerably.

When I see <Jen'Jidai> tags on my team, I know that they are more likely to support me pretty well if I follow them around and heal them. When I see certain other guild tags, I know that they don't bother to support anyone on their team who's not in their premade.....and they're often ineffective, besides, so I don't go out of my way to support them because my efforts would be better spent elsewhere on the map.

I have a favorite sorcerer who I often give my MVP vote to. We played with/against each other several times in the 49 bracket, and I know that she's always focused on objectives. She's a new 50 like me, and was also unguilded for a long time (also like me). Solo solidarity. :]

Getting to know the names on the battlefield adds a lot to the experience. I don't want to see that go away, even if it means I sometimes have to wait a few minutes for my queue to pop.

Edited by belialle