SWTOR on parallels problem

pcncdc

Can you explain what you mean by running on Parallels? Don't think I've heard about that before. Sorry I couldn't help but I am curious.

Parallels is a virtual machine software that lets you run Windows on a Mac system.

The OP would probably be better running Windows under Bootcamp (on the MAC), instead of using parallels.

With parallels, Windows is running on top of the MAC OS.

With Bootcamp, Windows is running directly on the hardware, with no MAC OS running under it.

i would do bootcamp but it does not work for me because i cant partition the driver and i dont want to mess my entire computer up by screwing with something and ruining it

I'm not sure why you can't partition the drive - wouldn't it take up the same amount of space as Parallels? As for Boot Camp, there is very little risk to your computer, although backing up your data is always a good idea. If you can't do that, unless there's a way to update the driver in Parallels, you may have to live with it.

Other people have reported similar issues running TOR with certain Apple drivers.

Edited by daemian

it gives me an error when i attempt to partition and i have a friend of mine that can come down here to my house and get bootcamp working most likely but i have no clue when that will be and i just subscribed today and well this little glitch is just annoying me but im still playing through it

it gives me an error when i attempt to partition and i have a friend of mine that can come down here to my house and get bootcamp working most likely but i have no clue when that will be and i just subscribed today and well this little glitch is just annoying me but im still playing through it

I think that's your best bet, whenever you can get it done. You won't regret it, TOR will run much better natively in Windows. It may be giving you an error because you have to free up some hd space before you can partition the drive.

Edited by daemian

i would do bootcamp but it does not work for me because i cant partition the driver and i dont want to mess my entire computer up by screwing with something and ruining it

Perhaps you can take your computer to the Mac store and have them partition it for you. It's a service they have. I know because my grandma uses it.

at the moment im running 1280x800 resolution and what do you mean use the repair tool

On the patcher put in password and security key (if you have one) press enter

On next popup click the icon in the lower left. Now click repair.

Do that just in case you have any corrupt files for the game. Also look at the game in your rez and there is a problem. Compared to 1920x1080p they look little fatter not thinner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.