The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Champion Supercommando gear

ReddNekk

Maybe someone here can explain this to me; I noticed that the Champion Supercommando gear, while it has asorption rating, has no shield rating. Now what good is a high asorption rating when you have a low shield rating? Maybe someone who has a set of this can enlighten me on whether this is any good or not.

short answer is itemization was done by a committee of brain damaged monkeys high on crack.

long answer is you have to buy the 1 item with shield on. I am at work, but as I recall it is the pants. Or maybe it was cent gear. either way, to get you rshield up and dump the absorb, it is a process of pulling mods from doubles or off-set piece and "fixing" your gear.

I run a 25/14/2 build and am still in the process of trying to get my shield rating to 35-40% to proc my stockstrike more often. I dont give a crap about absorb, as our shield-based mitigation is close to useless in pvp. I have pulled mods from a combination of medic,tech, and eliminator to spec out my supercommando BM/Champ gear with crit/surge/power etc. It is like 27k per mod you pull as well.

have fun.

The only reason you get Champion gear is for the expertise rating. This is everything in pvp and I mean everything.

Yes its annoying that the other stats suck, but once you've played a few games and noticed that you've practically become an unkillable god and your opponents are scream hax at you you'll understand the value of expertise.

I run a 25/14/2 build and am still in the process of trying to get my shield rating to 35-40% to proc my stockstrike more often. I dont give a crap about absorb, as our shield-based mitigation is close to useless in pvp. I have pulled mods from a combination of medic,tech, and eliminator to spec out my supercommando BM/Champ gear with crit/surge/power etc. It is like 27k per mod you pull as well.

have fun.

Interesting idea, might look at doing something similar myself. I wouldnt mind getting my damage up a little now that my survivability just went through the roof. Cant wait to see what im like in battlemaster gear. Tank? hell, i'm an armoured brigade. - oh, new sig line right there me thinks.

Edited by origional

Maybe someone here can explain this to me; I noticed that the Champion Supercommando gear, while it has asorption rating, has no shield rating. Now what good is a high asorption rating when you have a low shield rating? Maybe someone who has a set of this can enlighten me on whether this is any good or not.

As the others have already said, it's just itemized poorly. As you've already guessed, absorption rating without a decent shield chance to back it up is of questionable value.

Your best bet is to mix and match enhancements how ever you can to build up some better spreads.