Querry for 30 mins, are you kidding me, Bioware?! :-)

Yosin

There are really 2 problems here, one is the long waits (most of us, have tried this before). Swtor failed like all others have in providing the smooth first impression. But we will laugh at this in a short time, when it is fixed.

The second problem is really the worst kind. Swtor did not implement a queue for players DC'ing and then reconnecting. Which means that you will get Kicked from operations/flashpoints if you DC :eek:

Try implementing this logic in your Launcher/logon procedure. Please, pretty please with sugar on top :D

SelectQueueForConnectionAttempt( accountId,hardwareId,ProcessId,processUptime,serverName)

{

-- accountId, the key for an swtor-accountId

-- hardwareId, unique identifier of the machine connecting

-- processId, the processId of the Launcher

-- processUptime, the number of seconds the launcher has been running

-- serverName, the name of the server we are trying to connect to.

getLastConnectionInfo(accountId)

if lastConnInfo.serverName != serverName)

-- we are connecting to a new server, standardqueue

joinServerQueueStandard(accountId);

else

if( lastConnInfo.lastOnline > xHoursAgo)

--this is a new connect, see if its the same launcher

if(lastConnInfo.hardwareId=hardwareId && lastConnInfo.processId=processId && lastConnInfo.processUptime < processUptime)

--it is the same launcher instance, give them a head start to reconnect

joinServerQueueReconnect(accountId);

else

joinServerQueueStandard(accountId);

end if;

else

-- this account has been online within xHoursAgo let them get back in

joinServerQueueImmediate(accountId);

end if;

end if;

}

I really hope I dont have to re-experience a wait of 1½ hours in queue, to have your server reject my connection and then wait another 2 hours before getting in.

nooooo, now, even during the middle of the day, where I would normally be able to just join straight away, I am presented with an hour long wait. Its all well and good adding more servers now, but what about the ones that are already over crowded? It doesn't fix the problem. Im this close to just giving up and starting a new character, but I reeeeeally don't want to have to do that.

30 min is good.. im in pos 2067 in the server my guild i asigned to. an this is the 3 day with this que. last night i ended upp att 634 around 23:50. logged of to go to sleep so i coud gett to work today. bet il be around 600 23:00 today to. sins the estimate time dosent give a estimate time :) no one loges off when they finaly get inn.

Nightmare server says 30 min but i have been trying for 45 min so odd clock. 147, getting there!!

some servers are 1 hr 40 min and this is just the pre-order people.

same for hydian, 30 mins stated, been 48 mins for me now. glad im not on one of the 1 hour + servers

The lack of an official community statement on this is getting disturbing. SR tweeting about expecting queues is one thing, but an explanation of what they are planing on doing for the future is what we need.

Will not subscribe after initial 30 days unless improvements are made

Hello everyone,

We know that the game queues are an important topic and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread where an official statement has been made. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!