Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

Dispatch

It does perhaps make me an elitist jerk. It also makes me correct. Just like how playing FPS with a gamepad makes you a worse player than someone that uses mouse/keyboard. You may prefer the worse way all you wish, that is beside the point.

Dont think so. When you have skills on long 3m to 5m cool downs they dont need to be on a bind for optimal gameplay, nowhere near.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it's your choice to click.

It's also your choice to drive 10 km under the speed limit, no on will force you to do the limit, but should you choose to you will arrive at your destination more quickly.

It's your choice to drink water over gatorade, and both will hydrate you; but only one replaces lost salts and electrolytes.

Honestly, the downsides to clicking are:

-cursor travel time between icons means you activation time between abilities is longer, also it means you can't button mash until the GCD is done. Which means your likely waiting to see the GCD finish.

-If your looking at your cursor and the icon, your not looking at the game screen, you could miss something!

-Your likely using your keyboard to turn, which is substantially slower then using your mouse.

-If your using your mouse your likely to be tab targeting which means your essentially scrolling through target rather then selecting them directly.

These are all real disadvantages to clicking; you may be a great player clicking, you'd be a god keybinding. It's simply faster, more accurate, and allows you to multi-task better.

Become a better player, don't just defend the status quo without realizing you really are performing sub-optimally. Name one advantage of clicking?

Name one advantage of clicking?

Edited by Ballindaroch

Dont think so. When you have skills on long 3m to 5m cool downs they dont need to be on a bind for optimal gameplay, nowhere near.

Actually it does. You still have cursor travel time. and don't say GCD.

Understand how button mashing reduces delays due to lag.

It does perhaps make me an elitist jerk. It also makes me correct. Just like how playing FPS with a gamepad makes you a worse player than someone that uses mouse/keyboard. You may prefer the worse way all you wish, that is beside the point.

I know for a fact I have outplayed some keybinders, just like being a clicker doesnt make you bad, being a keybinder doesnt make you good

I know for a fact I have outplayed some keybinders, just like being a clicker doesnt make you bad, being a keybinder doesnt make you good

It makes you worse than your potential. Not fixing a critical but easily fixed issue that would improve your gameplay immensely makes you a bad player.

Edited by vrok-

It's more like people who play FPS games using a console controller. It is demonstrably and scientifically superior to play with a keyboard mouse.

Some people have gotten really good aiming with a controller. But they'll NEVER be as good as they could be using a mouse.

Actually it does. You still have cursor travel time. and don't say GCD.

Understand how button mashing reduces delays due to lag.

I need not watch videos about DPSing especially in a game like WoW. I can assure you as a very competent player that when it comes to long cool down skills, the cursor travel time is something like 150ms if you are used to it. Considering this will happen once a couple of minutes, its hardly any potential lost.

Now as far as clicking the button near the bar unlock key, that does seem a bit weird and I can say from experience that the bar does occasionally unlock itself.

Become a better player, don't just defend the status quo without realizing you really are performing sub-optimally. Name one advantage of clicking?

Name one advantage of clicking?

I do not need to overload my keybinds, I do not need to purchase a naga mouse which can be inconvenient for some depending on your hands. I am more readily available to press twitch skills which are more crucial to my play as I otherwise would be had my fingers been moved to a more inconvenient location, this would be with regards to off cool down skills for a jedi guardian such as riposte, taunt, force kick. I am more capable of clicking my push to talk if I have less keybinds, and its more important for me to say something in time than hit a 5m cool down skill with a keybind.

Edited by JackMinn

I do not need to overload my keybinds, I do not need to purchase a naga mouse which can be inconvenient for some depending on your hands. I am more readily available to press twitch skills which are more crucial to my play as I otherwise would be had my fingers been moved to a more inconvenient location, this would be with regards to off cool down skills for a jedi guardian such as riposte, taunt, force kick. I am more capable of clicking my push to talk if I have less keybinds, and its more important for me to say something in time than hit a 5m cool down skill with a keybind.

So you're saying the advantage is FINANCIAL?

I can hit every ability I please and more without depressing my push to talk button. Sounds like you haven't even tried to optimize your setup. Hallmark of a bad player. Guardians have exactly zero 5 minute cooldowns BTW. If we're talking 3min cooldowns, then activating saber ward ASAP is extremely important in more than a couple scenarios.

It's time to face the facts. It makes you indisputably less of a player.

Edited by vrok-

This quickslot lock is in the most inconvenient place possible, If you are off by a little bit by trying to click your number 1 ability, you unlock your quickslot bar and the next thing you know it, you're playing musical abilities with your quickslot during a fight and deleting abilities on accident that you really need. I swear sometimes it unlocks itself when you zone.

This is your complaint about the quickslot bars? Not the fact that relic's vanish from your bar when you get something new automatically added?

Stop clicking and unbind your backpeddle key.

I can hit every ability I please without depressing my push to talk button, including at least 6 different consumables. Sounds like you haven't even tried to optimized your setup. Hallmark of a bad player. Guardians have exactly zero 5 minute cooldowns BTW. If we're talking 3min cooldowns, then activating saber ward ASAP is extremely important in more than a couple scenarios.

It's time to face the facts. It makes you indisputably less of a player.

So...

You're one of those mouthbreathers that everyone thinks doesn't know how to use push-to-talk but really have your brain hard-wired to hold it down the whole time?

Pro-tip:

Just because you click or keyboard turn doesn't mean you can't use keybinds and scan the area with mouse camera controls.

Edited by Xaearth

God forbid you are capable of reading the entire paragraph. If non clickers cant even read then perhaps you arent all so uber leet?

The rest of the paragraph implies that keybinding is more work. So clicking has the advantage of being EASIER.

Which has nothing to do with your actual performance in game. Which is why I ignored it.

Edited by EternalFinality

Stop being a scrub clicker....Problem solved.

This whole clicker vs hotkeyer is pointless when there is a 1.5s minimum delay on abilities.

Guild Wars? Sure, hotkeys. DOTA? Hotkeys all the way.

WoW/Rift/SWTOR? Hahahahahahahahah, no way, not worth the effort.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

I dont disagree its in a bad place, but seriously who clicks the one key in PvP?

if you are that devoid if micro skill, you genuinely might want to avoid PvP.

Its one thing to click your bottom row if you dont make extra hotkeys, or the right and left bars, but if you are clicking 1-6, thats kind of bad.

Despite what this thread has devolved into, I have the same problem in Warzones. I have all abilities fully bound. I heal in PVP.

When things are chaotic, I'll be mashing buttons and at the worst possible times. I cannot for the life figure out how I lose a central action bar. I've scoured the keybinding pages looking for a toggle keybind but cannot find it for the additional central action bar.

All I know is I can be healing my team like crazy in an awesome battle and lose my bar. By the time I frantically esc to bring up the menus to re-enable the bar, many people are dead.

And as a reminder -- I do not click. And I've raided with people that click who are damn good. So in my opinion:

1) I'd rather run with an exceptional clicker than an awareness-lacking keybinder

2) Even though that clicker may be exceptional, he/she can improve by learning to keybind

3) Every clicker that makes the switch will struggle mightily for a few weeks to a month and a half and then when it all makes sense will wonder why they didn't switch sooner

yeah... it takes a while to get your keybinds set up if youre a clicker LOL

It took me about a months of forcing myself to use key bindings to dump the habit.

like the OP i got boo'd for being a clicker in the last game i played, but when it came time to get busy i usually put up decent healing numbers, decent enough to keep up with the l33t kids.

it is all about how you feel more comfortable playing, if you dont like using keybinds and you can do just as good as a keybinder, then more power to you but that being said you will see a difference in DPS output and reaction times when healing those burst damage fights.

Since the OP has now probably be laughed off the forum, let me try to answer that in his own words:

Cuz da pplz come up to me, den I does da clicky clicky on da button, den I seez da KABOOMM PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW LAZARZ!

TAKE DAT!!!! I KILLDED YOU WIT MY TRAYSUR MISSUL!!1!111!!!!one!!1!1ROFLOMGWTFBBQHAHAHAHUPWNT!1!!!!

Oh noes! I dun got force kickded!! I has no more TRAYSUR MISSUL! What I do now? Oh noes I die now :( <---sad face

Oh I spawn again, yay!!!! Time fur more 'splosions!

Nope, I'm still here, just have other things I need to do today besides hanging around on the forums. If anything I'm laughing at your ignorance thinking one input is faster than another when they are both inputs.

Nope, I'm still here, just have other things I need to do today besides hanging around on the forums. If anything I'm laughing at your ignorance thinking one input is faster than another when they are both inputs.

It's a shame age restriction isn't implemented in these forums.