Faction Balance is..

Kipchak

screwed because of the non-lore players.

People with no SW experience or knowledge (ones who even did not watch the movies) mostly rolled Empire. The ongoing trend says that people tend to play the "so called" bad and evil guys. Also, republic players are moaning about bad animations and triggers their classes have, which eventually became another reason to overpopulate the empire side.

At some point, this game will start losing some of its subscriptions (maybe at the end of this month). When this happens, I expect a huge amount of non-sw guys leaving the game. Majority of SW fans will keep their subs, simply because of the thrill of playing a Star Wars mmorpg.

I would go on to say that in near future, faction balance will get drastically better (close to 50-50).

Lets improvise and assume that this game will get better and grow to attract new players. When/if that happens, guilds and friends will play a major role by inviting their guys to their servers. Also some of the soloers will attract to republic as well, thinking they are the less populated and outnumbered side. Even I would have done so and try convincing my buds to roll republic, if I were considering to play SW:TOR.

All of this is a wild guess, but I still expect some improvement on this matter.

Edited by Kipchak

You can't buck the system.

You can't fight a fad either... People in every single game with an evil side are choosing the evil side. It's a bit more complex but it is truly a gaming trend right now.

A reflection upon our society today I'd say. A society without a moral compass.

Yeah, the Sith sides are plain better right now thanks to population. Having 20 people on fleet compared to 80-100 is a huge difference if you're trying to find a flashpoint group.

Most seem to not want it, but adding in a cross server LFD tool will be a must soon if things stay this way. As is, a lot of people are being forced to either reroll Sith or just not do a lot of group content. I mainly play as Republic as a Jedi Guardian and it's been getting harder and harder to find groups lately for heroic quests or flashpoints. It was fine up until a couple weeks ago... I used to be able to complete heroic quests as soon as I got them just by asking in gen chat. Now, I just have to set on them and hope I eventually get a group before having to just abandon them.

People with no SW experience or knowledge (ones who even did not watch the movies) mostly rolled Empire. T

I'm willing to bet the younger players rolled Empire more often, I rolled republic as friends got in early and were already on republic ... I have an empire guy too, I'll get round to getting him past level 1 when the mood takes me :)

People with no SW experience or knowledge (ones who even did not watch the movies) mostly rolled Empire.

Really? Wow, never knew that. :eek:

I've always sided w/the Empire. Hippies just annoy the hell out of me. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.