"INC LEFT" That is not a good way to call INCs

VoidSpectre

C'mon people. Left and right are subjective. Sometimes people mean left out of the rez point and sometimes they mean left on the map.

How about we grow up and use cardinal directions like intelligent adults. Use "INC WEST" so we don't have to decipher your subjective meaning

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon people. Left and right are subjective. Sometimes people mean left out of the rez point and sometimes they mean left on the map.

How about we grow up and use cardinal directions like intelligent adults. Use "INC WEST" so we don't have to decipher your subjective meaning

left is left even in russia

I did that on Voidstar and when west got planted, some people at east said "I WAS WEST OF WHERE WE COME OUT, ***"

There's 3 nodes in 1 game. 2 doors in another. And then theres' huttball....

IT shouldn't matter if someone says left or right ..east or west. If your having problems with that..maybe its time to do a kindergarden refresher course?

So because you can't tell your right from your left we should all conform to what you want? Seems legit...

There's left/right of the spawn facing and there's left/right on the map. They're not always the same.

To me, the first thought is of course the map directions. I should never rely on my or anyone else's facing when the map never turns.

It's based on the map. It's always based on the map. If people can't read maps, they haven't been playing video games long enough.

They need to add an ability for the WZ leader to kick people out.

The majority of people on my server use it as left/right of the spawn facing. But a not-very-small minority use it based on the map.

directions in relation to your alignment after you respawn isnt that confusing.. and its probably faster than have people look at the map and work out where east and west are.

The map never, EVER rotates. How do you have to "work out" what east and west are?

So because you can't tell your right from your left we should all conform to what you want? Seems legit...

Clearly you don't understand what subjective means. Left is always left to the subject because wherever they are facing they have a "left". East and west are objective because with a cardinal(map oriented) layout that there is only one east.

Stop making it about what you perceive and start making the directions about what is

Nothing subjective at all...West is not really west, it is the left side of your map. With your terminology, the west would be the east for the opposing faction...Left means left, it is that simple. If you haven't figured this out by now, I have no idea what to say to help you figure it out...

LEFT and RIGHT from the point of view of where you start the match

not a hard concept to grasp

It's based on the map. It's always based on the map. If people can't read maps, they haven't been playing video games long enough.

They need to add an ability for the WZ leader to kick people out.

You say that. However many times people (especially when coming from the north) say left as in east. Meaning once you spawn you head to the left

which if you don't understand it means coming south from the north and turning left means turning to the east

It doesn't matter if you mean left on the map or left direction out of spawn. East and West are absolute and need no explaining or subjective understanding.

Nothing subjective at all...West is not really west, it is the left side of your map. With your terminology, the west would be the east for the opposing faction...Left means left, it is that simple. If you haven't figured this out by now, I have no idea what to say to help you figure it out...

no because they still have a north facing map

wow people... wow

The majority of people on my server use it as left/right of the spawn facing. But a not-very-small minority use it based on the map.

I think that's the reasoning behind calling left or right in Voidstar. 90% of people seem to be referring to relation to the spawn point facing.

If you think about it, as long as everyone understands what they're talking about, left/right is a lot easier for most players. They don't have to check the map and figure out which way they're facing.

I completely agree that everyone should know cardinal directions - but some players won't have the layout of Voidstar memorized and realize that they're backwards - so calling east is going to cost a precious second or two of them checking the map that could be spent running for the door.

At least the people in your games are calling out something.

Most people don't all out that they have 5 inc until they are dead and it's too late to do anything.

And then they get mad at you for not looking at their health bar go from 100 to 0 in 10 seconds and making it all the way across the map to protect the turret.

It's relative not subjective.