Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give it time.....

KaelPrime

After weeks of looking over all these posts about whats wrong with this game and why BW and EA failed it really starts to get annoying. I understand that the game came out buggy and there are some needed changes, however, what most people dont understand when playing an MMO is this... IT IS IN CONSTANT PROGRESSION. I hate when people say they came from WoW and complain that these new MMO's arent as polished, but you know what... when WoW first came out, it was buggy as hell. An MMO will never be everything you want from the get go, and a new game can never have as much content as a game that has been on the Market for 8+ years. Like any MMO it will get better with time. I know TOR has a lot that needs to be fixed but I wish when people came to the forums it wasnt always: THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE NOW OR EVERYONE WILL QUIT!!!!!!!!! because it wont happen like that, what will most likely happen is that you will quit now and TOR will go on with out you and continue to get better and the community will eventually either grow or deplete while you move on to the next new MMO and start the process again. The biggest problem new MMOs face isnt having enough content to begin with, its having a player base that is too Jaded to realize that games like WoW dont start out that way... they expand into a great game. TOR has its flaws, but if the community can come together and give constructive feedback then it will expand and grow into a game that we can all enjoy. I know the argument that the developers are blind to the community, but you have to see that after the whole GCD fiasco that they are paying attention whether or not they verbally say it on the forums or not. My final point is, that you dont have to sound like a bunch of whiners to be heard and the devs are working pretty hard to make this into an enjoyable game for everyone, but the main thing.... it takes time, and if you cant be patient, then you will miss out on a whole lot of games that could be potentially great. Sorry to rant on but I figure, if all of you are whining about the game then I can whine about you.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. People are way to unpatient.

One minute people whine on WoW forums that there are no other good games, and then they come here and whine that this game don't have all the tools WoW has 7 years into progression.

This game is way better than WoW was at it's start, and it will catch up. Just give it some time.

I will not give it time. I am a consumer who expects a working product. If BW can't figure out how to patch this MMO without breaking something, then I have the right to call them out for it.

I agree, we already gave them 6 years + almost 1 of BETA. I'm not a patient man and I already unsubbed.

I agree, we already gave them 6 years + almost 1 of BETA. I'm not a patient man and I already unsubbed.

heh..... it's not gonna hurt thier bottom line one single bit when you ragequit...even if all the haters on this forum quit it wouldnt dent thier subscription number at all.

a few pissed off Joes arent gonna hurt the millions and millions of people playing.

It's like trying to kill a red dragon with a 6 inch chunk of dental floss.

heh..... it's not gonna hurt thier bottom line one single bit when you ragequit...even if all the haters on this forum quit it wouldnt dent thier subscription number at all.

a few pissed off Joes arent gonna hurt the millions and millions of people playing.

You have no clue or experience on how to run a business do you?

Agree. People are way to unpatient.

One minute people whine on WoW forums that there are no other good games, and then they come here and whine that this game don't have all the tools WoW has 7 years into progression.

This game is way better than WoW was at it's start, and it will catch up. Just give it some time.

That's such a poor argument.

If they whine on the WoW forums that there's no good games, for then to come here and whine about how it lacks tools even WoW got, doesn't that say just a bit about this game?

And again, you cannot - I REPEAT - you cannot compare this game to how WoW was when it was released.

Stop living in 2004 and start living in 2012, where an MMO got comepetition besides Ever Quest.

Edited by TotalKitty

You will always have a right to say what you want changed and to complain. You are a paying customer, however, if you want a finished project then I suggest you go play any other genre of games because MMOs are never a finished project. Thats all I am saying.

I saw people posting things like this on Aion's forums. I saw it on unofficial Warhammer forums, since Mythic decided not to host official boards. I saw it for Champions Online, STO, etc. etc.

Where are those games now that all the players who were ungraciously told to leave decided to actually pack up and leave?

You are a PR & financial disaster-in-the-making for Bioware. Your fanboyish antics will hurt their bottom line.

Edited by marshalleck

That's such a poor argument.

If they whine on the WoW forums that there's no good games, for then to come here and whine about how it lacks tools even WoW got, doesn't that say just a bit about this game?

And again, you cannot - I REPEAT - you cannot compare this game to how WoW was when it was released.

Stop living in 2004 and start living in 2012, where an MMO got comepetition besides Ever Quest.

Actually, im not living in 2004, name one MMO that hasnt started out buggy and needed work....

Actually, im not living in 2004, name one MMO that hasnt started out buggy and needed work....

Oh I'm not talking about bugs.

Bugs I can forgive.

But mass hype, mass advertisement, promisses that all failed and then slap a $60 mark on it. That I cannot forgive.

Besides the flashy graphics and the voice-overs (that gets so very boring after you have heard the same line a billion times) does not make TOR a new innovative MMO.

If anything, this game is years behind. The further behind it is, the longer you need to wait for it to actually catch up and be able to compete with the Heavy League.

Would you pay full price for an old worn-out car, just because it had a new paint job?

I saw people posting things like this on Aion's forums. I saw it on unofficial Warhammer forums, since Mythic decided not to host official boards. I saw it for Champions Online, STO, etc. etc.

Where are those games now that all the players who were ungraciously told to leave decided to actually pack up and leave?

You are a PR & financial disaster for Bioware. Your fanboyish antics will hurt their bottom line.

I agree, the player base on the forums is large and I would prefer if not everyone packed up and quit. Thats the reason why I am saying give it time. Every MMO has its rough edges, its a matter of time that smooths it out. You shouldnt stick with it forever if you dont like it though, my only argument is that if you enjoy a large portion of the game but see dramatic flaws tell them whats wrong without being a doomsayer and give them the time to fix it.

You are a PR & financial disaster-in-the-making for Bioware. Your fanboyish antics will hurt their bottom line.

last time I checked...those games were still going, I happen to play three of those. Two of them were still subscription based when I started, and they are still going strong, and I still havet left becasue of it.

heh...PR disaster...lol......I did pretty good for jsut posting a few sentances didnt I?

I wonder what I can do in the US Government forums?

Edited by ArtMonster

Bugs I can forgive.

But mass hype, mass advertisement, promisses that all failed and then slap a $60 mark on it. That I cannot forgive.

Besides the flashy graphics and the voice-overs (that gets so very boring after you have heard the same line a billion times) does not make TOR a new innovative MMO.

If anything, this game is years behind. The further behind it is, the longer you need to wait for it to actually catch up and be able to compete with the Heavy League.

Would you pay full price for an old worn-out car, just because it had a new paint job?

Well sir, I agree that this is far from the most innovating MMO. However, I new that going into it. If you took the time to read any review of the game before it came out, you would have seen that all of them complained that this was a WoW clone with a Star Wars skin... so if you bought it then I guess you did pay full price for an old worn out car with a fresh new paint job, but atleast it has a new talking GPS system. :D

Well sir, I agree that this is far from the most innovating MMO. However, I new that going into it. If you took the time to read any review of the game before it came out, you would have seen that all of them complained that this was a WoW clone with a Star Wars skin... so if you bought it then I guess you did pay full price for an old worn out car with a fresh new paint job, but atleast it has a new talking GPS system. :D

I tend not to rely on Game reviewers for a fresh released game.

Calling it a WoW-clone is wrong. Hell, if anything that's a massive insult towards Blizzard.

So no, I never bought this game cause of reviews or that for the fact that it was a WoW-clone.

I bought this game cause of the massive hype and the now obvious lies.

EA is good at hyping thier games, and I do admit I fell for it.

It doesn't jusify me saying "Oh hmm.. well it is new, so all I need to do is wait I guess. Here take my monthly fee and I shall patiently wait for you to catch up".

Edited by Averran
ic

I tend not to rely on Game reviewers for a fresh released game.

Calling it a WoW-clone is wrong. Hell, if anything that's a massive insult towards Blizzard.

So no, I never bought this game cause of reviews or that for the fact that it was a WoW-clone.

I bought this game cause of the massive hype and the now obvious lies.

EA is good at hyping thier games, and I do admit I fell for it.

It doesn't jusify me saying "Oh hmm.. well it is new, so all I need to do is wait I guess. Here take my monthly fee and I shall patiently wait for you to catch up".

I dont rely on buying games because of their reviews. I do rely on knowing as much as I can about the game before spending my money on it.

It sounds like you have a problem with informing yourself before you buy things. So sure, go on the forums and complain that this game was nothing like you expected. But you shouldnt complain about the price of a game if you just throw your money away on it if the guys producing the game says its awesome. I dont know if you realize it but I think they get payed for it....

Edited by Averran
comment on edited post

Bugs I can forgive.

You argument is a bit straw man

Bioware was very very clear to what SWTOR was going to be never once did they say they were going to break the mold yet you purchased anyway, you also had a chance to see what the game was like in Beta yet you purchased anyway you also had Thirty days to figure out if the game was for you yet you subscribed.

Why is that?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

They made it clear that it would contain every expected AAA MMO features and it's not the case so it's normal that players that paid attention during development are disgusted by BioWare. Edited by Dreossk

They made it clear that it would contain every expected AAA MMO features and it's not the case so it's normal that players that paid attention during development are disgusted by BioWare.

Being upset is one thing taking to the forums for ten to twelve hours a day to spew hate and negativity almost sixty days after launch is agenda based or obsessive take your pick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.