warzone MVP - was it always worthless?

Durath

I am pretty sure I remember reading some thread about receiving an MVP vote being equivalent to a medal which meant you gained 50 valor and 5 commendations.

I usually encourage people in the warzones to vote MVP for someone, even if it's just random as it helps out our side in the long run and costs them nothing.

Last night I was in a warzone and got 3 MVP votes but I didn't seem to notice any gain on anything.

I tested this by playing a few more warzones and paying attention to my valor and commendations right away and seeing if they changed after receiving an MVP vote.

Everytime I got an MVP vote, my commendations went up by one and I gained no valor.

So an MVP vote gives 0 valor and 1 commendation.

The only use for it is some sort of e-peen contest I guess?

I am pretty sure I remember reading some thread about receiving an MVP vote being equivalent to a medal which meant you gained 50 valor and 5 commendations.

I usually encourage people in the warzones to vote MVP for someone, even if it's just random as it helps out our side in the long run and costs them nothing.

Last night I was in a warzone and got 3 MVP votes but I didn't seem to notice any gain on anything.

I tested this by playing a few more warzones and paying attention to my valor and commendations right away and seeing if they changed after receiving an MVP vote.

Everytime I got an MVP vote, my commendations went up by one and I gained no valor.

So an MVP vote gives 0 valor and 1 commendation.

The only use for it is some sort of e-peen contest I guess?

It gives 50 valor and 5 comms, checked it millions of times.

Have never bothered checking how much Valor it gives, basically since valor is useless. But 1 MVP vote gives you 1 commendation. Not 5 as you've stated. I most recently checked this last night. If it actually awarded 5 commendations I wouldn't be the thousands commendation behind my tank brother I am..

Millions of times - but not lately I think :)

I was totally sure that it's worth 5 comms. but no - checked it last night on a premade group.

We were voting to each other and had an argument and I said on Vent it's worth 5 comm.

so we checked. waited before someone voted to me - had 68 comms. after I got the vote - 69 comms.

we re-checked. same result. it adds 50 valor and *just* *1* *comm* (sucks as a healer).

Well, there's definetely something wrong.

As soon as match was over, I gave an MVP vote so I could see if I got any.

I had 0 votes at start, I looked at my Valor and Commendations.

I got 1 MVP vote, valor didn't change, commendations went up 1

I got a second MVP, valor no change, comms up 1

I got a third MVP, valor no change, comms up 1

I played a few matches and always had the same results. I frequently get an MVP vote or two either from guildies or others as I tend to do fairly well on the charts.

I guess I'll /bug that tonight.

I think if you hover over your medal score buff in game it still says 50/5. I've never really bothered to look and see if it actually gives me the 5 or not, but I assume that's what is intended. No reason for them to make Warzone commendations slower to get when we can't even get Mercenary commendations in the way that was intended. Edited by vindianajones

I think if you hover over your medal score buff in game it still says 50/5. I've never really bothered to look and see if it actually gives me the 5 or not, but I assume that's what is intended. No reason for them to make Warzone commendations slower to get when we can't even get Mercenary commendations in the way that was intended.

There's no real way of verifying what the medals give as those points are all built into your total.

We're talking about the MVP vote you get, I was always under the impression that it was 50/5, same as the medals but it apears it's not.

So far, many of us think it's 50/1 although I'm still thinking I was getting 0/1 last night.

I could have been wrong, but I checked it in several matches. Will do it again tonight.

There's no real way of verifying what the medals give as those points are all built into your total.

We're talking about the MVP vote you get, I was always under the impression that it was 50/5, same as the medals but it apears it's not.

So far, many of us think it's 50/1 although I'm still thinking I was getting 0/1 last night.

I could have been wrong, but I checked it in several matches. Will do it again tonight.

You get zero Valour for an MVP vote, and you get 1 commendation.

This was pretty much confirmed on day 1, so dont get too excited about MVP as atm its pretty much worthless. I'm sorry to say it, but this is fact.

You get zero Valour for an MVP vote, and you get 1 commendation.

This was pretty much confirmed on day 1, so dont get too excited about MVP as atm its pretty much worthless. I'm sorry to say it, but this is fact.

IMHO it's fine as it is:

- it's a small bonus.

- it's a bit of fun.

Given that (in practice) guildmates always vote for each other, the sensible answer is to leave it as a tiny bonus.

Well, there's definetely something wrong.

As soon as match was over, I gave an MVP vote so I could see if I got any.

I had 0 votes at start, I looked at my Valor and Commendations.

I got 1 MVP vote, valor didn't change, commendations went up 1

I got a second MVP, valor no change, comms up 1

I got a third MVP, valor no change, comms up 1

I played a few matches and always had the same results. I frequently get an MVP vote or two either from guildies or others as I tend to do fairly well on the charts.

I guess I'll /bug that tonight.

I have had the same experience since day 1, 0 valor and 1 comm

Last I checked, day or two ago, I got 50 valor, 1 comm for MVP vote.

I think there might be a Valor cap for a WZ however, I don't recall getting 1500 valor for a win before. 1000 losing seems oddly round number too.

Edited by Youmu

I'm starting to think it's 50/1 unless you reach a certain valor and then it's only 0/1.

It may even be 50/5 until some certain value of valor and comms is reached.

It would be nice if a dev could come in here and let us know.

A vote gives 50 valor for sure unless you hit the valor cap.

That is (aparently) 1600 valor for a loss and 1900 valor for a win. All votes i got gave me +50 valor unless i was at one of those caps.

I don't know how people can say it gives no valor. It's so god damn easy to check. Get in a game with a premade, and start voting.

A vote gives 50 valor for sure unless you hit the valor cap.

That is (aparently) 1600 valor for a loss and 1900 valor for a win. All votes i got gave me +50 valor unless i was at one of those caps.

I don't know how people can say it gives no valor. It's so gosh darn easy to check. Get in a game with a premade, and start voting.

I did that, but I usually do very well in warzones and get quite a few medals so I must have hit the cap each time as I was getting 0 valor for MVP votes.