Has Bioware already lost the PvP base?

golfwang

So everything comes out perfect? wait no, everything improves with time, EVERYTHING...

Who cares who year it is, you try writing some code and be diffrent than the rest then get back at me champ, thanks...

It's more than that though. Some design decisions are just inherently anti-pvp and I doubt those are going to change...more content can't change that man.

I'm not saying it can't improve. I'm saying that if what we've seen from the pvp team so far is any indication, the future isn't bright for pvp in ToR.

Edited by golfwang

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chill dude...

We are all playing this game and we express our concerns... grinded to 50 to fast? are you joking ?? i know people with 3 - 4 level 50s already....

Well i guess there are players and players .....

Nah there are just people who were in a rush and burn themselves out fast and then there are people enjoying the game.

I couldn't agree more. PvE is just a jump and run variant with no real challange except raising the money for repairs. And PvP is either Huttball or cruising around an empty area were you can watch the PvE guys hunting for loot.

I get more and more the feeling that some programmer just forgot to implement the end titles after the main story.

No they havent, 80% retention rate of 2.1 million means no, move along we know your mad/angry/blahblah but seriously more posts of the same crap wont change anything till they fix it...

Thanks!

That means they've lost 20% in the game's first month and a half LOL.

That's entering freefall mode considering the life-span of most MMOs.

Nah there are just people who were in a rush and burn themselves out fast and then there are people enjoying the game.

well if watching cinematics is gaming to you... then it is you...

If i want to see a movie i go to the movies.....

Dont take me wrong ....cinematics are a really nice addon in this game.... but what it seems so far its just that.....

When i heard how much money they spent on actors i laughed hard.... did you know that this game's budged got to 500 milion dollars? do you know how much they spent on voice actors? i wont tell you ... i ll let you google it....

Edited by Princz

Well grats to them? if they want to raid/grind to 50 asap, do end game, then a month later cry? they did it to them selves, move on or just stop flapping your gums...

I enjoy the game, great stories, pvp is diffrent/fun, and so do another 2 million ppl... a Fist full of whiners is rather annoying but expected with every game...

LOL. You're obviously not high Valor.

What everyone like you seems to think is that we all came onto this game looking for sh*t to hate :D we were ALL like you and loving it ...

And then end-game hits and you're grinding for a few pieces of gear and Valor ... and now because they've thrown gear at the casuals because we live in a brattish, insta-gratification generation we now have 3WZ to grind 300-400 hours through for a title and a 2% better set of gear.

chill dude...

We are all playing this game and we express our concerns... grinded to 50 to fast? are you joking ?? i know people with 3 - 4 level 50s already....

Agreed. L1-50 is ludicrously fast in this game if you do bonus objectives on missions also. I dunno *** people are doing if they're 'casual' and still haven't hit L50 yet.

The biggest issue I can see with Ilum is that it looks as if no matter what Bioware do they can 't seem to get to a scenario whereby large ops groups in the world PvP zone can engage without players encountering severe lag, even with quite powerful computer systems and fast internet connections.

At the moment large scale ops PvP has a sort of medieval feel to the combat. Large armies slowly assemble near to each other and then at a critical point slowly attack on mass as they can do nothing else in the severe lag that then is encountered. As a result, tactics are very limited.

Edited by Ewgal

You cannot make a game bad enough where PVPers discontinue from playing it. Those that leave were only guests. SWTOR pvp is pretty gd good for a game only two months old. sheesh.

'Guests' ?? LMAO!

Have 2 mates who were BMs fully geared who've already left. Loads of BMs or high ranking players have unsubbed.

You're in denial, friend.

Those who've hit BM rank already are hardly 'guests'.

I bought a two months time card. When that time ends I guess I'll stop playing.

I remember Dr. Greg and Dr. Ray telling us how this game would have been a full MMORPG experience, including RvR. This happened when they first publicly unveiled the SW:TOR project.

The game is a gem, when it comes to questing up to the cap, but honestly I find all these bugs affecting endgame content very frustrating and game breaking.

Ops and HM FPs are still full of bugs, while RvR isn't there (and I followed the game development from the very beginning just for that, tbh). PvP is just a farm fest, without any meaning at all, and faction imbalances would make it very very difficult to give it a meaning at all.

My feeling is there is no hope for this game as long as PvP is concerned.

All I do is just the 3 daily Warzone wins and once a week the weekly Ilum. I just can't stand Ilum. There is no real point in doing anything else if you just PvP. I hope the Warzone they'll add in March is a really good one... it needs to be to keep me playing.

All I do is just the 3 daily Warzone wins and once a week the weekly Ilum. I just can't stand Ilum. There is no real point in doing anything else if you just PvP. I hope the Warzone they'll add in March is a really good one... it needs to be to keep me playing.

They should have hit release w/ 5 GOOD WZs and have fixed the Ilum issue by now. One more in a month's time? Going to hit Rank 60 V because I'm close then maybe do the Dailies/Weeklies and log out or just quit altogether.

This game has unlimited potential , but the developers couldn't deliver.

I enjoyed this game very much. But once I lvled to 50, 3 days after boredom struck me .

Looking forward to Diablo 3, and now interested in Guild Wars 2

Edited by Krondorf

Lets get this strait.

PvP with a purpose was introduced in World of Warcraft on 2005-05-05.

World of Warcraft launched on 2004-11-23.

So 6 months -after- a game comes out (that is designed around faction A vs faction B) purposeful PvP comes into play. By purposeful, I mean you gained something other than a malicious giggle from killing someone.

Star Wars The Old Republic was launched on 2011-12-20 (sorry, pre-order perk doesn't count) and had a purposeful PvP system in place.

Both started with bugs. One, even after 7 years, is still so unbalanced (PvP wise) that it isn't worth complaining about anymore.

Seems to me like most of you 'hard core' PvPers are just crying because you rushed to the top and now have nothing to do until fixes/additions come into play. (If coding this game were as easy as 1-2-3 I'm sure we'd have had many fixes/changes already. If you can do it faster/more effective then pray tell apply to work for them and prove it.)

1. "Ranked PvP"

Only if disconnecting AND ditching a match for any reason counts against you big time. Ranked anything makes people crude at best and I'd rather not see the string of insults and scuttlebutt that plagued World of Warcraft battlegrounds and made it unpleasant. Not to mention something in place to deal with dead weight. (I've already run into fools who refused to help their team because they had guild mates on the other team.)

2. New tiers

....The game has only been out for a short time. Development (good development) takes a little more time than that. Especially if you want them to be able to fix the problems you cry about. I've no idea what you think coding a game entitles, or why you think testing a code is capable of being flawless... but you should probably smack that thought out of your head right now.

3. Dedicated PvPers

You know, if they would stop whining and /quiting... it would be more productive for the evolution of the PvP in SWToR. Instead of being vehement about particular problems (gathering data and reporting it consistently) they cry about it, threaten to leave, and then do so when the problem isn't fixed the next day.

"Shed more tears, my young apprentice."

As I said, coding takes time. Figuring out what to code takes even more time. By this I mean figuring out how to put something in without affecting something else. Fine, they managed to put in a new tier (and you "Dedicated PvPers" then complain that it looks bland or common place even though you wanted it 'now') but for some reason the item ID on the Jedi Knight gloves decides to go wonky on a call string and it shows up for Korriban Commendations...

Case and point:

Coding takes time. More time than you "Dedicated PvPers" seem capable of waiting. Learn some patience already.

ive only made it to lvl 41 but it took me making quite a few different chars to around lvl 22 to find a char i liked.

I basicly im bored now i am a pvper the amount of classes that seem to only have to bash one button in order to win or the constant stun locking to death and the general feel that pvp is nothing more than *run around in a group and pick on the low lvl guy* has made me not want to log in any more. Which is a shame as the game is beutiful.

They got too much of the really important basic stuff wrong. My quest log will soon be full of grey quests i cant abandon so what happens then i cant pick up new quests? the mounts are just embarrsing my first mount looks like somthing a 4 year had put together out of a cardboard box and tape my level 40 mount feels longer than a bus.

Ill stick around as i just got a 3 month time card a day before i decideing i couldnt play this game any more............ so ill login and do my pvp daily then log out and hope somthing is done to improve this game.

Lets get this strait.

PvP with a purpose was born with DAoC in 2001, October, the same date it has been released.

Edited by Hett

chill dude...

Concerns? its been beaten to death over and over by a select group of tear soaked kids, there not concerns at this point its just mindless babbling and incoherent whining over and over...

Concerns aren't speculations that OMG its dead, that's just plain drivel and honestly not needed period...

Lets get this strait.

So 6 months -after- a game comes out (that is designed around faction A vs faction B) purposeful PvP comes into play. By purposeful, I mean you gained something other than a malicious giggle from killing someone.

Star Wars The Old Republic was launched on 2011-12-20 (sorry, pre-order perk doesn't count) and had a purposeful PvP system in place.

Both started with bugs. One, even after 7 years, is still so unbalanced (PvP wise) that it isn't worth complaining about anymore.

Seems to me like most of you 'hard core' PvPers are just crying because you rushed to the top and now have nothing to do until fixes/additions come into play. (If coding this game were as easy as 1-2-3 I'm sure we'd have had many fixes/changes already. If you can do it faster/more effective then pray tell apply to work for them and prove it.)

1. "Ranked PvP"

Only if disconnecting AND ditching a match for any reason counts against you big time. Ranked anything makes people crude at best and I'd rather not see the string of insults and scuttlebutt that plagued World of Warcraft battlegrounds and made it unpleasant. Not to mention something in place to deal with dead weight. (I've already run into fools who refused to help their team because they had guild mates on the other team.)

2. New tiers

....The game has only been out for a short time. Development (good development) takes a little more time than that. Especially if you want them to be able to fix the problems you cry about. I've no idea what you think coding a game entitles, or why you think testing a code is capable of being flawless... but you should probably smack that thought out of your head right now.

3. Dedicated PvPers

You know, if they would stop whining and /quiting... it would be more productive for the evolution of the PvP in SWToR. Instead of being vehement about particular problems (gathering data and reporting it consistently) they cry about it, threaten to leave, and then do so when the problem isn't fixed the next day.

As I said, coding takes time. Figuring out what to code takes even more time. By this I mean figuring out how to put something in without affecting something else. Fine, they managed to put in a new tier (and you "Dedicated PvPers" then complain that it looks bland or common place even though you wanted it 'now') but for some reason the item ID on the Jedi Knight gloves decides to go wonky on a call string and it shows up for Korriban Commendations...

Case and point:

Coding takes time. More time than you "Dedicated PvPers" seem capable of waiting. Learn some patience already.

What WoW had at launch is irrelevant. That makes a large part of your post irreleaveant, sorry. You said it yourself:

ToR came out 2011, not 2004. Standards for quality, content and polish are higher.

Perhaps if you'd bother to read my original post you'd see it's not just content that has dedicated pvpers worried about an eroding base and losing faith in Gabe's team.

Simply adding pvp content isn't enough at this point though it'd be a massive step forward.

If this game released with three flash-points (norm and hardmode total) and one operation at cap, pve players would be up in arms. Now that pvp players have been dealt a pretty bad hand with design decisions that adversely affect their preferred game-type and the lack of content, we're wrong for pointing it out?

I think you need to re-read the first few sentences of my original post.

Edited by golfwang

Lets get this strait.

1. "Ranked PvP"

2. New tiers

3. Dedicated PvPers

Case and point:

Please say it isn't so? Someone with actual thought and isn't crying 24/7 on the forums but yet posts um hard facts and wait there's more! The rest of you all after reading this WILL STILL CONTINUE TO CRY....

Thanks for this, i didn't have the energy to write this out, but in all honesty we shouldn't have to because its part of common sense...

This game has unlimited potential , but the developers couldn't deliver.

I enjoyed this game very much. But once I lvled to 50, 3 days after boredom struck me .

Looking forward to Diablo 3, and now interested in Guild Wars 2

ya hi not even 2 months, unlimited potential? again i say not even 2 months, just go already...

What WoW had at launch is irrelevant. That makes a large part of your post irreleaveant, sorry. You said it yourself:

ToR came out 2011, not 2004. Standards for quality, content and polish are higher.

Perhaps if you'd bother to read my original post you'd see it's not just content that has dedicated pvpers worried about an eroding base and losing faith in Gabe's team.

Simply adding pvp content isn't enough at this point though it'd be a massive step forward.

If this game released with three flash-points (norm and hardmode total) and one operation at cap, pve players would be up in arms. Now that pvp players have been dealt a pretty bad hand with design decisions that adversely affect their preferred game-type and the lack of content, we're wrong for pointing it out?

I think you need to re-read the first few sentences of my original post.

Time line has nothing to do with Individual gaming from each company, your post has no merit or weight, thinking before you type is a huge +...

The 3 warzones this game has to offer does not make my adrenaline rush compared to what Warsong Gulch does.

My favorite is Huttball, and maybe it's because I can go silly with my powertech in there... However it still doesnt make me feel wanting more.

Star wars has planets whIch players are spread out too much.

Didn't experience much open world pvp because republics were like rare spawns.

Leveling was fun, but not addicting compared to old school wow days.

Time line has nothing to do with Individual gaming from each company, your post has no merit or weight, thinking before you type is a huge +...

Because these companies aren't competing against each other?

Because this isn't a consumer driven industry?

Because there hasn't been a long line of WoW clones, which is what SWTOR is at cap, that have failed and flamed out?

Time line has everything to do with game development. In fact time moves everything forward, it's pretty much intrinsic to any kind of creative or development process. Look at early MMOs and where we are with WoW on top and all the features it debuted that have become standards of the genre.

I wouldn't be writing any of this if I didn't care and wasn't genuinely disappointed.

And it's your post that has no weight or merit because it addresses none of the legit criticisms I've raised.

Edited by golfwang