Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

Same here. I am thinking of cancelling Amazon order and ordering digital copy. This begs the question is the Origin store accepting paymets from Australia?

Kodo

Amazon just shipped my order (to Australia). It is expected to arrive on the 21st. So maybe don't rush to cancel as of yet

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today has been a good day, early access message (even if I can't use it, yeah Telecom New Zealand and stupid small download caps) grace period is go, and my hard copy should be here by the 21st all in all a very good day ^^ well done Bioware I had my doubts, nice to see you lay them to rest

That's great for my wife. Her copy of the regular edition is supposed to arrive around the 20th.

I paid extra (a lot extra) for the collectors edition on the same order, and Wal-mart says it will arround around the 29th...

Isn't it kind of backward to punish people who want to give you more money? Why are the CE Box orders being delayed?

Thank you, BW, for working hard to do right by your customers. You've gone above and beyond. While I won't need the grace period (Amazon ftw; my CE has already been shipped and will arrive tomorrow, as will all my friends' copies [exception being my EU friend]), I know there are a lot of people who will benefit from this. Edited by VorpalCheese

Wow nice marketing fail, this is crap. Pre ordered on amazon, will have my ship after december 29-30, so your 2 days are useless. Good job EA, you just lose a CE sell, im canceling right now....

Really, what day did you preorder? I've stopped dealing with Amazon and Gamestop, they tended to not be truthful with me in the past. That of course can be put down to part of their marketting..thing, but I'm a person you don't lie to. :) Creates a lost sale.

That's great for my wife. Her copy of the regular edition is supposed to arrive around the 20th.

I paid extra (a lot extra) for the collectors edition on the same order, and Wal-mart says it will arround around the 29th...

Isn't it kind of backward to punish people who want to give you more money? Why are the CE Box orders being delayed?

Might want to ask Walmart that..it's them that decides when it ships, from their store. Unless Bioware has a talk with them..

Hmm there is one problem....Santa clause (Father Christmas).

People (younger) people will have to still miss out until the 25th. I'm sure there are parents who will be sending the copy or ordered it via Santa clause.

I've pre-ordered from Origin so I'm fine (+ I'm 29yrs old) however I know there is young-lings in the community who wont be happy still.

Hmm there is one problem....Santa clause (Father Christmas).

People (younger) people will have to still miss out until the 25th. I'm sure there are parents who will be sending the copy or ordered it via Santa clause.

I've pre-ordered from Origin so I'm fine (+ I'm 29yrs old) however I know there is young-lings in the community who wont be happy still.

It's ok, you can drop the innuendo. In order to even access this site, you need to be old enough to know that Santa doesn't exist.

I see your point, but it's not EA's problem. That's a communication problem between the gift giver and gift receiver. If the gift receiver is already playing EGA, then it's not really a present that needs to wait to be opened until Xmas... since they've already "opened" it, as it were. And if it's that big a deal, the gift giver can open it, get the code, then wrap it after getting the code.

Ive gotten an update on my US Amazon order. A few hours ago they stated it shipped and should arrive by the 20th (barring any shipping delays). Hopefully that will hold true.

But as I said before I wish all this had been resolved and planned from the start so that it didnt cause so much of a consternation with people prior to this resolution. In all honesty all of this could have been avoided with better fore thought.

Holy **** Amazon said the box would ship on 19th but got an email yesterday night stating it got shipped early (on the 15th)!!! Also package tracking works and it's well on it's way!

Long live Bioware/EA/Amazon!

*prays plane won't crash, courier won't have a car accident* :mon_angel: