Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

Oh a whole 2 days ? gee thanks.. really will be a great help to us over seas.. :mad:

Seriously? Bioware has been bending over backwards for people. You have to understand that as large of a subscriber base/preorders for SWTOR there is, even two days free is revenue lost. Bioware did not have to have a grace period if they chose so.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh a whole 2 days ? gee thanks.. really will be a great help to us over seas.. :mad:

I am from AUSTRALIA (Red Zone), and according to AMAZON, I should be getting it on the 21st. They didnt have to even give us 2 days grace period, so be thankful for that, and I am sure you will be able to survive between the 22nd (23rd for Aussies) and when your package arrives.

I am Aussie as well and had initially requested standard shipping. I went and changed it it to Priority today in hope I will get before Xmas.

Here is hoping. Now if I could just get in pre-release that would be good too. Somehow I just let the game slip me by, oh well I will have it soon.

December 30, 2011 - January 12, 2012

Yep, does a lot huh.... :)

Well, it will never be possible for them to accommodate everyone, but I'm overseas and they have done wonders. I don't know where you ordered from but maybe you can update to a better shipping method. I am from Australia and ordered from Amazon with priority shipping and mine has been shipped and should arrive on the 21st of December.

Edited by Atoli

While I will probably not get my physical copy thanks to having an APO address (exception upon exception to the normal post office shipping times) I appreciate the fact that Bioware is giving me a couple extra days to enjoy the game before I get cut off for about a week. A couple extra days is better than absolutely nothing! Edited by azulwolf

I really don't get it.

It's the first time I saw preorder copies of a game months bevore release in stores (switzerland). Even the real boxes are on the shelfs since two days (even though the stiker clearly says that you can't play 'till the 20th).

For me the folks at bioware and ea are doing a rather good job to secure avalability as good as possible for 98% of all of us.

The remaining 2% are mostly affected because of delivery problems, which in fact are the sole responisbility of the distributors and definitly not that of bioware or ea.

What's really nagging at my remaining few braincells is the demand the server-systems are going to be under after launch. Stress testing 200k-500k of players is one way to get estimates, but way over 1mil of gamers connecting around x-mas? - I'd be more than suprised if there won't be the one or other crash in the server structure.

Seasons Greetings to all the people who have to work outside and endure "Joachim" (it's getting real nasty here).

I really can't understand the whining that's going on

Bioware just proved they have THE BEST customer support in the world

Can you imagine company xxzzard giving 2 days free on their choice MMO when they

DON'T have too ?

Do you know how much money they are loosing with this option ? In this economy ? With the money hungry EA on their backs ?

Jeez, i wasn't expecting a MINUTE of free play and they give two days, that says something about their mindset and direction.

Hope they keep up the good work.

Also MANY preorders are getting the game box early ( before 20th ) - when again THEY didn't have too send them early, but they manged to do that too.

To be fair, it had been stated outright in pre-order advertisements that there would be, so technically they're just going back to status quo, but I get a general feeling of the dynamics involved, and seriously, thanks Bioware.

It's not like EA couldn't have gotten away with it, too. Furor would have died down pretty soon, and even if the advertisements were determined to be legally binding, it's hard to demonstrate much of an actual loss on the player - or have any award amount to much more than canceling your pre-order wih no fees.

So good going guys, and I'm happy I kept faith in BW and was proven right. Two days might not carry me all the way, but it's definitely the fair number.

For anyone ordering through Amazon in the USA; if your shipping arrival date got bumped further away since you originally placed your order (for example, if you chose the super-saver free shipping when preordering, your order probably says delivery now due after the 25th rather than at or before the 22nd), I strongly recommend chatting with a customer service rep (the fastest way to get ahold of someone is live online).

Why? -- They're currently doing reduced-cost (and in some cases free) upgrades to expedited shipping for most, if not all, people who contact them about SWTOR orders before December 25, even if you are ineligible to modify your orders through your account due to how close the ship date is.

Make sure you explicitly ask for the shipping upgrade at a *discount*, as it's strictly an "internal" thing - if you don't, they will do the standard procedure and charge you normally for the upgrade. You may need to ask for a supervisor/senior rep if you get somebody who isn't in the loop on this.

Take advantage of it fast if you're gonna - I have no idea how long it will last, and neither did the very helpful senior rep I talked to. In any case, I doubt the deal will be around for more than a few days.

Having a two day grace period, a 9 day shipping delay, and having been saving my vacation time to play this game is a nasty combination.

A two-day grace period is better than nothing, but I'm still expecting that I'll need to shell out $60 to buy ANOTHER copy of the game to avoid sitting on my hands for a week.

I only get to take two weeks of vacation time a year. To me, it's worth spending $60 to buy another boxed copy if it means I don't end up sitting around for a week with nothing to play. If I end up with two copies, I'll probably just pass the other to a friend.

For anyone ordering through Amazon in the USA; if your shipping arrival date got bumped further away since you originally placed your order (for example, if you chose the super-saver free shipping when preordering, your order probably says delivery now due after the 25th rather than at or before the 22nd), I strongly recommend chatting with a customer service rep (the fastest way to get ahold of someone is live online).

Why? -- They're currently doing reduced-cost (and in some cases free) upgrades to expedited shipping for most, if not all, people who contact them about SWTOR orders before December 25, even if you are ineligible to modify your orders through your account due to how close the ship date is.

Make sure you explicitly ask for the shipping upgrade at a *discount*, as it's strictly an "internal" thing - if you don't, they will do the standard procedure and charge you normally for the upgrade. You may need to ask for a supervisor/senior rep if you get somebody who isn't in the loop on this.

Take advantage of it fast if you're gonna - I have no idea how long it will last, and neither did the very helpful senior rep I talked to. In any case, I doubt the deal will be around for more than a few days.

I just contacted amazon. They are unable to change the shipping speed on my order (and I'm willing to pay). This just isn't my day.