Game Error or me being noobish?

DJNightscream

I'm new to this game, and playing a Sith Warrior. After I speak to Trimmel (Sp?) and get my 1st mission to get a better weapon. My toon isn't being allowed to go up the stairs and out the exit to get to the mission.

I can get out of the hanger bay and up the first set of stairs, but it won't let me go past that tapestry, down the stairs on the other side, or out the exit (which is orange/yellow).

Am I being noobish and missing something? Or is my game being buggy?

If you are stuck try typing /stuck

Alternatively if you get caught up in a quest due to a bug you can open your mission log and use the 'reset' function if it is available.

Might also be good to ensure you are tracking that mission right..

Good luck!

Edited by Disodium

When you begin game for the first time you see yourself landing and coming out of a space craft. Are you trying to go back that way? Wrong way! Turn around!

As for being stuck in the air

Hit enter and type this command

/stuck

If that does not help, try clicking your quick travel.

Well now that you're in the middle of the air, not sure what to tell you. But are you sure you're trying to leave and not trying to enter the Sith Inquisitor area? When you look on your map and minimap, it should be a green transition symbol (box with an arrow).

Yes that's where I'm trying to get to. It won't let me go up the stairs and exit, it's like I'm running into an invisible wall....forcing me to do a very bad impression of a Mime.

When you begin game for the first time you see yourself landing and coming out of a space craft. Are you trying to go back that way? Wrong way! Turn around!

As for being stuck in the air

Hit enter and type this command

/stuck

If that does not help, try clicking your quick travel.

Nope I'm trying to go through the building to the exit on my minimap (green arrow)

Tried the /stuck command...didn't work and Quick Travel didn't work either....

This is a bit unconventional solution, which I would not suggest in other situations, but since you have not even completed the first mission, you're not going to loose hundreds of hours of game play for doing this.

So...

So go back to character selection screen. Delete your current character, and create another like it and see what happens with it.

This is a bit unconventional solution, which I would not suggest in other situations, but since you have not even completed the first mission, you're not going to loose hundreds of hours of game play for doing this.

So...

So go back to character selection screen. Delete your current character, and create another like it and see what happens with it.

Done....and done 3 times now...its weird. It only appears to be me. I've seen about 3 other players just walk on up and continue on....very frustrating.

It sounds like there is a huge latency spike (not something that would affect you constantly though), or the game cannot load the next map zone.

Log out, run the fixlauncher.exe that is in the same file system directory as the main SWTOR launcher, and then restart the client. I think you may have a corrupt file on your local client, and running fixlauncher should correct that :)

It sounds like there is a huge latency spike (not something that would affect you constantly though), or the game cannot load the next map zone.

Log out, run the fixlauncher.exe that is in the same file system directory as the main SWTOR launcher, and then restart the client. I think you may have a corrupt file on your local client, and running fixlauncher should correct that :)

Well I ran it, but unfortunately the Maintenance happened before I could see if that worked. But I'll defiantly let you know if that did the trick. (Fingers crossed) :)