The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Compensation?

Webbex

I didn't create the bugs did I, that was programmer error. As I stated I'm not complaining about the bugs, or the downtime...I'm complaining that I am paying for it. 3rd choice, don't put up with companies selling faulty products and then expecting me to be patient while I'm forking over my money.

I edited to We but the point stands, its a new game and a new program, the bugs arnt created, they are a byproduct of other changes, people exploiting game mechanics which causes fix's and hinders other things which can also throw up bugs.

Look at it this way, 90% of the bugs would never have happened on illum if people had some common sense and didnt exploit.

Edited by Shingara

Every down time event that they have warned in 24hrs advance has actually been LESS then they said it would be.

That still does not please everyone, but it is something that other MMO's I have experienced fail with.

In my opinion.. at least they are addressing most issues rapidly and not letting them 'fester' for too long...

I doubt any compensation will come of it, who knows.. maybe when things settle they may reward everyone who has stuck through all if these multiple time per week patches from the beginning, kind of like the 'Founders'..

Put it this way, if you brought a car and the engine was faulty, would you be content with the car company saying "right we'll come out to your house every 3 days and spend 2-8 hours fixing your car, this may take months, we will not compensate you and you obviously can't drive your car while we're working on it". Of course you wouldn't.

I'm just glad the SWtoR team doesn't make software used by life support machines..."sorry ma'am gotta turn the life support off for a few hours while we patch it".

Put it this way, if you brought a car and the engine was faulty, would you be content with the car company saying "right we'll come out to your house every 3 days and spend 2-8 hours fixing your car, this may take months, we will not compensate you and you obviously can't drive your car while we're working on it". Of course you wouldn't.

I'm just glad the SWtoR team doesn't make software used by life support machines..."sorry ma'am gotta turn the life support off for a few hours while we patch it".

You really do know how to take things out of context dont you.

We're not talking about "the game" we're talking about compensation for downtime and he was merely giving examples of other companies that have done this. Just like in court, lawyers give examples of other cases.

Actually we are talking about "the game". The compensations would be directly related to "the game" as that is what some people are asking for. And really, this is nothing like a court of law so you may not want to use that kind of analogy.

Edited by pursang

I edited to We but the point stands, its a new game and a new program, the bugs arnt created, they are a byproduct of other changes, people exploiting game mechanics which causes fix's and hinders other things which can also throw up bugs.

Look at it this way, 90% of the bugs would never have happened on illum if people had some common sense and didnt exploit.

As a computer science major I can tell you that bugs are created. Computer code is absolute, it is not fluid and will only do or not do what it is programmed to. People "exploiting game mechanics" is actually people exploiting poorly written code that doesn't have sufficent error checking. These bugs, exploits etc are the sole responsibility of the programmer, not the players as the players cannot alter the game code in order to change/abuse game mechanics.

Edited by Webbex

Ok when you cough up the 200 million they spent on this game you get to put it that way... wait you didnt? ****

Edited by apnixx

As a computer science major I can tell you that bugs are created. Computer code is absolute, it is not fluid and will only do or not do what it is programmed to. People "exploiting game mechanics" is actually people exploiting poorly written code that doesn't have sufficent error checking. These bugs, exploits etc are the sole responsibly of the programmer, not the players as the players cannot alter the game code in order to change game mechanics.

Here we go people, this person knows everything lets get bioware to employ him. /shivers

PS people exchaning kills is not exploiting poorly writtin code, thats exploiting.