The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyrotech is so awesome....

Assaultrooper

I had never played a for fun, more engaging, more amazing class/spec in any game. Unlike almost all other mechanics/specs Pyro doesnt rely heavily on either sustain or burst! meaning u can choose which to do and when to do it!!!!! The only downside (or upside for me :D) is that its REALLY proc dependant. That is if you are really unlucky ull get alot of overheat problems. But I love it! I have never been one to like the rotations set in stone anywas.

I do amazingly in warzones beating even BM's in full champ gear, everyone asks me what is my spec and thought Id share :D.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZ0cZfhrbzGGrs.1

Last tip for all you aspiring PTs! USE your relics and dps cd at the same time!!!! Youll start one shotting pve geared :p and wreaking everyone else.

I like the fact its proc dependent, so you always pay attention to your abilities - it just makes you an overall better player.

Yeah, using Crit/Surge Relic before DFA (Death From Above), leads to MASSIVE damage in AOE or even single target situations. I mean people will say, power relics are better but I find them both to average out around the same dps, I mean if every number crits thats some substantial dps.

Also grappling people into the fire/gas traps is hilarious, just stun them with electro dart as they reach the origin of the trap.

I know how you feel man! Powertech gives you a great vibe when you dominate, and I'm not sure on your level but you seem to be educated if you know the valor ranks. I'd say 30+ after you get shoulder ram, things get interesting, you are like the Juggernaut from the X-men.

Edited by Orotiagito

^

& there's a much more viable pyrotech spec than what you have posted, just saying.

Yeah I agree I have gone head to head and played right the Adv Proto comes out on top the burst damage is crazy at times. The way it usually happens is that the pyrotech will overheat and the Adv proto if specced right and using the correct cylinder will outlast the pyro.

To be honest i'm a huge fan of using my power addrenal with my power relic paired with my ignited fuel giving me 25% chance to crit reason being i stacked surge and i have 90% already and it makes it very easy to hit my 5k crits 5-5.2k depending on the class. Easily my favorite spec out of all of them been pyro since i hit 50 and wont be changing any time soon i run 4/6/31

Yeah I agree I have gone head to head and played right the Adv Proto comes out on top the burst damage is crazy at times. The way it usually happens is that the pyrotech will overheat and the Adv proto if specced right and using the correct cylinder will outlast the pyro.

Idk. I overheated way more as AP rather than Pyro. Plus in Pyro I get probably 15-25% more damage in warzones and the most times I die is 2, but normally 0 or 1. It just depends on the spec but mostly the player.

Head to Head, if a pyro loses to an AP. That pyro is playing terrible bad or has horrible gear....

If you are talking about the shieldtech/pyro hybrid, like hell I will trade my one shotting for that! (PS I just roflstomped someone using that spec, same gear :p)

Keep burning guys!

No he's talking about something more like this

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhrbdGhMs.1

Basically the point being is that your spec is missing out on 9% bonus crit chance to our most used ability and that is not optimal any way you spin it.