High Society Mission: Samara romance removed?

Randehman

I remember in Beta when I played through the "High Society" IA Class Mission that choosing [Flirt] 3-4 times in a row when speaking to Samara Mindak in the Kaas City Cantina netted you 50 Light Side points and a romantic sequence.

Now, when I get to the third [Flirt] option she immediately becomes agitated and it just veers off into the Neutral choices end of the conversation. It's not a "bug" because when you trigger the 3rd [Flirt] response ("I'm not interested in your father. Right now I'm only interested in you") I get a (new?) specific response from her:

"No... no I don't think you are. It's him you're interested in, isn't it? Huh. He's with Lord Grathan these days."

Unless there's some kind of "I'm not Light/Dark Side enough to [Flirt]" thing going on (previously I played through Dark Side, but now I'm playing through Neutral), that means Bioware sneakily changed this quest.

Why would they remove something like this... and why not mention it in the patchnotes?

Edited by Randehman

... I have a theory: this may just be because my second playthrough is as a Chiss, where my first was as a human!

Can any non-human IA confirm Samara is un-seducable for them, and/or can any of you human IA's confirm that Samara still grants you the extra Light Side points and a romantic encounter?

I'm all for racist NPCs that prefer or dislike other races, it just seems odd that it cuts off at the part where I'd get Light Side points. Are Light/Dark side points restricted by race, if so that seems a little ... unfair?

no, it seems that for the empire there are a lot of flirt restrictions when it comes to flirting with human women of the empire, like in your case and with watcher 2. Watcher 2 isnt as flirty back to you if you are a non human. Its a racist thing imperials have against aliens.

Haha...same could be said for the female agent getting light side points for sleeping with that guy that calls you out for not being the Red Blade in Hutta.

That is interesting though...if the developers actually took the time to remove an option like that from non-humans. But then who is to say there aren't other ones that Aliens get that humans don't... I don't know if any of this is confirmed anyway though.

Yes, I tested this with both a human and a Chiss agent and the romance part does seem to be human-only.

They did not remove the chance to get light side points as a non-human though. There's a conversation path that leads to choosing to make a deal with her then bribing her for the codes for the same amount of light side points as a human can get for sleeping with her that was open to my Chiss agent.

• 3 years later...
I just got to this quest and I find it odd that you can't as a none human.My reasoning is until the last flirt she is going for it and seems very interested in bedding you.So I don't see why she pulls a 180 on the flirt at the last second.If she was rejecting you from the start I would understand.

• 2 years later...
I did. It works just like human version.

Which is consistent with more or less all the other situations in Empire space. The masters are PBS and humans. I know (off the top of my head) of one situation which is different - the "go to the trainer" mininmission on Korriban for Warriors, given by a female PBS whose name I *cannot* be bothered to look up, has a different flow if the warrior himself is a PBS rather than a human, and different again if the warrior is an alien.

• 1 month later...