Input please? Gaming keyboard or mouse?

Ilysanth

So I've been playing for awhile and now that I've got so many skills, my keybinds are getting cumbersome (to me, at least) so I'm thinking of getting a gaming keyboard (eg a Logitech 110) or gaming mouse (eg Razer Naga) for the conveniently located extra buttons to help out with the situation.

I think both would be overkill but can't decide which would be more helpful. Does anyone have experience with one or both of these that can give me some useful feedback?

Appreciate any help you can provide!!

I'd do the mouse, simply because I like the buttons right there. Used to play X-wing V TIE fighter, and I had a nice joystick with all the buttons so I rarely had to use my keyboard. I like to do the same with MMO's. Plus, my right hand seems to remember where the buttons are a lot better than my left, but that's just me.

I have both keyboard and mouse and IMO it's not overkill. I've use a g series keyboard in every MMO I have ever played and I find it essential. I just upgraded to a G510.

But if you go with only one, go with the G510 instead of the G110. It has more G keys (18 vs 12) and the banks can be color coded (you can change the key colors to ANY color). I have my banks mapped to my center, left, and right quick slots. When I change banks the color changes so it's easy to tell with your peripheral vision which quickbar is hot. It also has the audio jacks and controls built in, so if you use a headset, it's ideal.

http://www.logitech.com/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/7246

For a mouse, I have the G500 which has a weighting kit to get the momentum just right.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5750

Edited by Owsley

If you only got the possibility of one, I would choose the naga. It gives you a good load of extra button without the need to move your hands.

I love my naga. Also have a microsoft sidewinder X4 keyboard, but dont use the buttons since the naga combined with standard keys covers my needs.

If you're only going to choose one I'd lean towards the mouse. Personally I use a game pad + gaming mouse and love it. Makes the keybindings for your left hand really easy, particularly when then combined with the added options a gaming mouse can give you.

I use a Logitech G13, and a Razer Death Adder mouse.

With the G13, I have the thumbstick set to the WASD controls; so there's my movement. Combined with the mouse, the mobility feels more natural for me (I use this for FPS games as well). There are two other buttons near the thumbstick that I have for pet attack and map (quick access, since I can't navigate my way through an open field).

With the 22 programmable buttons, and three pages (making a total of 66), you shouldn't have any issues with keybinds. The trick is to get the thing setup so you know where you're ability buttons are from muscle-memory.

Honestly, with the three pages of programmable buttons, I use the other pages for different classes. Adding in the few extra buttons on the Death Adder for enemy targeting and Push-to-Talk on TeamSpeak ... I have more buttons than needed, I think.

i wasnt too convinced when i bought my razor naga.... £60 for a mouse... but now i dont think i would be able to cope without it.

there are so many skills to use on TOR and without it, i would need so many modifiers to have them all binded. but now i have 1-12 on my mouse, which i have binded to the num pad, and got quickly used to using it.

Nothing even comes close to a naga. You have 12 buttons on the side and 2 near left click (not all that useful honestly). If that isn't enough shift and ctrl modify them. The best peripheral you can own for MMO gaming.

I have both a Razer Black Widow Ultimate, and a Razer Naga I personally prefer using the keyboard over the mouse it's much quicker. I use my numpad on my BW Ultimate and it flies flawlessly, allowing me to bind skills 1 through + along with a Ctrl, and Alt modifier and it's so easy to use. If I were you I'd personally try out a Nostromo, http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.221675100/categoryId.35156900 as I'm planning on getting one here shortly.

The Logitech G700 mouse is a winner as well if you like your mice a little larger. The Naga is good but it is very small and if you have larger hands or fingers it can feel very cramped and the buttons on the side uncomfortable to use as they are so closely bunched together.

I've been a pretty hardcore FPS console gamer (top team on Gamebattles) so I absolutely hate keyboards. The mouse isnt ideal either but I tolerate it so I invested in a SWTOR mouse. This allows me to map all the basic stuff on the mouse and brings down the keyboard use to 4-6 buttons, depending on what I'm playing.

The point, it's down to personal preferences.