BH Ship - why so ugly?

EpicKwadrat

I mean seriously why BH has such an ugly spaceship? I love te class and the space missions but when im flying this i feel like im in a interstellar garbage truck... Plz bw let us customize the ships so i can stop feeling like a garbage man from outer space.

/rant

Other than that its te best mmo since Ultima Online :D keep it up bw

I mean seriously why BH has such an ugly spaceship? I love te class and the space missions but when im flying this i feel like im in a interstellar garbage truck... Plz bw let us customize the ships so i can stop feeling like a garbage man from outer space.

/rant

Have you seen Jango Fetts ship? The one before he stole the Slave 1? It's called Jaster's Legacy, and it looks A LOT like the one the bounty hunter class gets in this game. So everyone complains that we don't get to be just like the guys in the movies, and then when they give us something almost straight from the lore, you complain about that too.. Stop whining.

/rant

Do you consider both the outside and the inside ugly? Or is it mostly one or the other?

I see the BH ship as utilitarian, similar to the Smuggler ship (which admittedly has more aesthetic attraction, maybe because it has echoes of the Millennium Falcon). In the BH ship I see some inspiration from the Firefly TV show ship, both inside and outside. The look did seem off-putting when I first got it, but it has slowly grown on me.

All i ment was it does not look very agresive :p And i mean the outside, it just looks ugly with all those things sticking out and whatnot. But i believe in bw and i hope that customization will be implemented :)

Did you forget that you stole this ship?

It wasn't designed for a BH (story-wise), it's an opportunistic theft

And I personally love the BH ship

ARE YOU INSANE??!?!

THE BH has the BEST SHIP IN THE GAME.

On the outside, ITS SLAVE I.

On the inside, ITS SERENITY (from Firefly).

Best. Ship. Ever.

Haters gonna hate, I guess?

I was going to type my own reply but I see it's not needed. DITTO what miliways said!

Out of the ships I've personally gotten, I'd have to say I like the Bounty Hunter's the best. Especially in space missions. I like it's size and look and firing and well, everything about it. I find the Sith ship is cooler than hell in cut scenes, but I can only stand to stare at the back of it in space missions for one or two missions before I want to go do something else.

I still haven't obtained an IA ship or a Smuggler ship, but everyone elses I've gotten and done space missions with.

Okay, first off to the Bounty Hunter Ship:

All i ment was it does not look very agresive :p And i mean the outside, it just looks ugly with all those things sticking out and whatnot. But i believe in bw and i hope that customization will be implemented :)

well all those points sticking out are all weapon ports as far as i recall.

if you look at the cutscene if you leave...dromund kaas for example and the ship moves towards the camera:

you've got one of the three main guns mounted under the cockpit,

two smaller guns left and rigt bottom corner

plus the three engine pods with the top two including the other main guns.

this external pod design makes even sense, because when the **** hits the fan and your enginges blow out because of a weapon hit or a system failure you don't risk loosing the whole ship, just one pod.

oh and when i first saw the BH ship i instantly thought of this, and liked it:

http://www.allbestwallpapers.com/wallpaper/military/image/mi-24_hind_military_aviation_helicopter.jpg

old russian gunship FTW ! :D (okay maybe they overdid the yellow lights on the interior...but thats all i have for a complaint)

Le Trooper:

If you think BH ship is ugly, roll a trooper.

Then you'll think it really isn't that bad.

Trooper ship is like flying in a tuna can.

well i think "tuna can" was a deliberate design choice in this case.

its a military craft and it's most likely going to be stationed on a carrier. so in order to save up space and max out the carriers loading cap, you'd design a "stackable" spacecraft like the thunderclap that can fold up its wings.

i mean look at the interior, it looks like someone ripped out 2 decks of a contemporary aircraft carrier, welded them into a hull and spaced it up a bit with scifi tech. (we even got a situation room...the one where M1-4X hangs out)

so its not a long shot to guess the design is based off our day-and-age carrier aircrafts.

as to why the wings and hull have to be of asymmetrical design...star wars has had some other asymmetrical spacecrafts up to now, so swtor had to have one too...rule of cool i'd guess....

Edited by Thoinar