Mercenaries' insane dps

EscVelocity

I don't understand how you're supposed to have a fair fight with these guys?

Everytime I go up against this merc in Huttball, they sit up top, and fire down missles that take half my health away. I am a powertech with 18k health and mostly champ gear. They have mostly champ gear as well.

If I charge or pull them, they can knock me back.

This merc knocked me back THREE TIMES within 20 seconds. Mean while I've fallen into the pit and have to wait on longer CD's for grapple and charge so I have to run back up.

The damage they do is insane and completely unfair.

The tracer missle and whatever else.

If I interrupt it they can cast more op attacks anyway.

All they have to do is tracer missle, knock back, repeat, and they win.

Edited by EscVelocity

They sit up top... hmm... well, running beneath them or out of LoS is too hard!

And moving to be in los for them is too hard, right?

If you're melee you can't take them. If they start casting on you and you run out of range, their missles still land.

Edited by EscVelocity

hmm..maybe stop facing the pit so when they push you won't fall in it?

yeah i'm working on that. but i'm not always by the pit. maybe I am by the third knock back they get to spam.

if a sorcerer knocks me down, I do not worry about getting killed immediately after. mercs, different story. I have to dedicate my game to finding them and controlling them as much as possible to protect the others.

yeah i'm working on that. but i'm not always by the pit. maybe I am by the third knock back they get to spam.

if a sorcerer knocks me down, I do not worry about getting killed immediately after. mercs, different story. I have to dedicate my game to finding them and controlling them as much as possible to protect the others.

Yep. If you leave a Merc by himself at all during a match, your team is going to get wiped. What do you expect from an overpowered class? Thats why I rolled one. The game is designed to play a Mercenary.

If they knocked you back 3 times in 20 seconds then they have Rocket Punch talented as a knockback. Rocket Punch knockback is only ~4 meters. Keep away from the edge and this shouldn't give you trouble. Secondly, if you grappled him and he was still on the catwalk, your grapple is broken, as that should pull him to you (therefore pull him off the catwalk).

In short, charge him and do some damage, he will knock you back off the platform, pull him down to your level. No more platform problem. From there, you can take him down. When I was Arsenal melee were my worst nightmare, especially Marauders.

I don't understand how you're supposed to have a fair fight with these guys?

Everytime I go up against this merc in Huttball, they sit up top, and fire down missles that take half my health away. I am a powertech with 18k health and mostly champ gear. They have mostly champ gear as well.

If I charge or pull them, they can knock me back.

This merc knocked me back THREE TIMES within 20 seconds. Mean while I've fallen into the pit and have to wait on longer CD's for grapple and charge so I have to run back up.

The damage they do is insane and completely unfair.

The tracer missle and whatever else.

If I interrupt it they can cast more op attacks anyway.

All they have to do is tracer missle, knock back, repeat, and they win.

3 time in 20second? it has a 15 second CD with pvp set and talent.Cast more op attack when interrupt? please do tell ; hes not gonna use any of the CD attack without having stack or debuff on u

Tracer/Grav spam is dumb. The biggest problem is its pretty much all the mercs/commandos can do for DPS 80% of the time.

In fights out in the open they go down fast but once they find a good spot to shot they are devastating.

3 time in 20second? it has a 15 second CD with pvp set and talent.Cast more op attack when interrupt? please do tell ; hes not gonna use any of the CD attack without having stack or debuff on u

Eh, if he just got the Unload proc with his last TM Unload is way stronger than TM.

Can talent a second knockback on a 10 sec cooldown.

Tracer/Grav spam is dumb. The biggest problem is its pretty much all the mercs/commandos can do for DPS 80% of the time.

In fights out in the open they go down fast but once they find a good spot to shot they are devastating.

sniper do the same; the only difference is that bad tropper can appear OP because they do it in the open and noone killing them.

Sorcs > Mercs

Why?

Because they can do it all PLUS carry 7 other terrible players with well-timed grips. Oh, and focusing them doesn't do anything because they have the best AOE knockback/root, a ranged stun and interrupt, a 3200 shield and, the cherry on top, an in-combat sprint.

Yeah... Tracer Missile spam can be stopped by interrupts. Not the case with Sorcs.

Don't worry, Operatives and Marauders will realize what they're missing and roll Sorcs. Then you'll see.

I'm an Assassin, now Madness, but used to be Deception.

Mercs are fine. You interrupt their Tracer, follow it with Electrocute for another interrupt/free DPS time in case he doesn't have his break up.

As for amount of pushbacks they have, I agree, it's absolutely MORONIC how much they can push people around. However, you're a Powertech... pull them down. Or if you're already on top, if you're a class with pushback, push him down and fight him on bottom, where it's a equal terms fights, even in your favor actually.

I'm talking Huttball, of course. In voidstar/alderaan, heights and knockbacks aren't that broken.