For christ sake!! (new players)

Bimse

Experienced MMO players know that the higher the server population, the faster you can put together MMO activities, such as flashpoints and operations. You may be getting queue times now, but that is normal for headstarts and early releases. Give it two weeks, and it won't be happening anymore. Relax man! It is a game!

It is because they opened up a bunch of servers today when they should have had them all open from the beginning. People want to play with their friends, so my guess is most of the new servers won't get used very much until the 20th rolls around.

Why is it that you new players dont choose lower populated servers?? Now we have to wait 30-45 mins to log in, and there are 20+ servers with LOADS of room!! :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

Thats because they should have let the established guilds in first instead of their Pre order now everyone is trying to get on their guild servers so big time ques enjoy your mess

Let me enlighten you by saying that there are guilds that tend to move to a new mmo if they think that it is going to worth the moving..

Some of these guilds (like mine) have around 250 to 300 active members... They all want to play together... Is that a crime ?

First, the people who are mostly part of the problem aren't here...they're queued up for your server. :p

Second, you can really control your own actions - seeing as how you have only been on the server for 2-3 days, consider moving yourself to a less populated server if you don't like the queue.

If you can't move to another server because you have a guild/friends on your server...then you know why those other people made the inexplicable choice to join a full server.

First, the people who are mostly part of the problem aren't here...they're queued up for your server. :p

Second, you can really control your own actions - seeing as how you have only been on the server for 2-3 days, consider moving yourself to a less populated server if you don't like the queue.

If you can't move to another server because you have a guild/friends on your server...then you know why those other people made the inexplicable choice to join a full server.

This is why ^^^

Well if they would put up the new servers, this wouldn't be a problem. Bio fail fails again!

Actually this is completely false. New servers would only hurt populations and if there are servers not full (there are) then people should fill those before they begin opening more servers.

This way they dont have to merge them later like tons of games do

Probably because they want to play with friends & guildmates already on the original servers.

Pretty much this for me.

My friends got EGA 2 days before me, so I'm in a lovely 500+ queue for that server (I got in without a queue earlier, but just got Error 3 booted, so have to queue again).

Why is it that you new players dont choose lower populated servers?? Now we have to wait 30-45 mins to log in, and there are 20+ servers with LOADS of room!! :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

Blame bioware for not opening up all their servers at once, and allowing all their players at once, so the populations would of had a better chance of evenly distributing themselves. Unfortunately now everyone wants to try and get to the "hot spot" as it were and the "staggered" release gets to backfire on itself, oh the sweet irony.

Hello, all.

We understand that queues are something many people want to discuss right now. In order to help keep discussion consolidated, we're going to ask everyone to please share their thoughts in the ongoing discussion, found below.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=28066

Thank you for your understanding!

Edited by Meluna