Elviran

Datacrons are fine in my opinion, but they need to fix a few things:

Alderaan: Crack is too narrow for Male Bodytype 3/4

Alderaan: MGGS is messed up; better use the ladder

Tatooine: Balloon is bugged and may despawn on you

Corellia: Cracks are too narrow for Male Bodytype 3/4

Corellia: MGGS is messed up and acts totally random

Secret: MGGS is messed up

Everything apart from the balloon seem easily fixable. Make the cracks wider so people playing a Male Bodytype 3/4 can get through; and change the MGGS to function with teleport-to mechanics (just like every zone transition and quick travel works).

For me it's not the pipe-jumping or wall-hugging that gets to me. It's the blatant issues where some characters are not allowed to get the datacron through regular means and the MGGS that's totally messed up.

I agree. I've collected most of the datacrons including the bugged MGGS ones. I've got 4 left to collect at this point, 2 of which are the body type issue ones. Very annoying to not be able to collect them all because of a collision issue that's been around since beta.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst bug for me was on +10 datacron when trying to collect the blue crystal in the museum - "Not enough experience" or some BS, bearing in mind i've been lvl 50 for a long time now.

Only had 1 quest open, some people say your quest log is full but that's not the case, relogged - no help there.

We had already got two of the players up to the +10 but because I had died and couldn't pick up the blue crystal we were stuck and couldn't get back in.

You must posess the red "souvenir" from corellia to get the blue shard

I agree. I've collected most of the datacrons including the bugged MGGS ones. I've got 4 left to collect at this point, 2 of which are the body type issue ones. Very annoying to not be able to collect them all because of a collision issue that's been around since beta.

you can get past the alderaan one by dieing at the doors entrance and having someone with a smaller body type go in and rez you at max distance from the door, you will spawn at them and be inside the hallway to the datacron

With the exception of the few bugged ones (not wide enough, balloon despawn, etc) I have found them, well at least some of them to be a challenge.

I have on occassion had to leave a datacron and come back to it later as I did get frustrated to the point of making silly mistakes, but normally after I calmed down I was able to get them.

Yes some are trickier then others and require more jumping (which I am not good at), but with trial and error I can get through them.

I have voiced my frustration over the general chat more than once but that frustration makes it that much better when I get them.

It is in no way necessary to get all the datacrons and most are quite accessible, definitely with help. So to be angry that they put datacrons in the game is petty just because you dont like them.

I like the datacrons the way they are. My only issue is when I have to break a game mechanic in order to get them.

You make doorway or small opening that body types 3 and 4 cannot get thru. Brilliant. /facepalm

I don't mind the effort you have to put forth, but not being able to get to datacron in the same fashion as everyone else because I am a fattie. Not fair.

Give me a stairmaster in my ship and a way to slim to body type 2 then. :confused:

I like the datacrons the way they are. My only issue is when I have to break a game mechanic in order to get them.

You make doorway or small opening that body types 3 and 4 cannot get thru. Brilliant. /facepalm

I don't mind the effort you have to put forth, but not being able to get to datacron in the same fashion as everyone else because I am a fattie. Not fair.

Give me a stairmaster in my ship and a way to slim to body type 2 then. :confused:

Lol - now this is fantastic!

eh my only issues were with four datacrons. two on Belsavis and two on Tatooine the spawn rate for the rakata energy cubes really needs to be addressed, like maybe put one at each spawn location rather than one that rotates randomly( or however that works) because going in a circle for hours on end without finding even one when you need four for the datacron is not my idea of fun:mad:, and fix the bridge on Belsavis or get rid of it entirely cause having a semi-visible bridge that serves no purpose is just stupid...and if they could double or triple the speed of the Tatooine balloon that would be awesome cause its just a ridiculously long wait, although the fact that two datacrons are there does make it somewhat better. at least with the platforming if you have a hard time its user error, i remember one jump i could make every time but the guy with me took nearly an hour to do it once. :D so tired of the BS with some of the crons. Edited by Revan_Uchiha

• 2 months later...
Some people have hard time using more than 1 button at a time. As example I jumped few platforms and got Datacron while some guy who was following me didn't do it for few minutes. Kida funny and sad. Funny because he could not make even simple jump without failing and sad because it was too hard for him.

After 10 minutes he manage to get that Datacron.

Ever think that your post denigrates people who have a physical disability, example a blind or visually impaired person, or a person with a physical injury, berate them because they cant use more than one button if you will, but please get a view of life outside of your imba ness at pushing buttons

Datacrons only give a small attribute increase and it isn't necessary to get them in order to be able to play the game, obviously, but they do add up over time; This I can understand.

However, I have not found any of the solo-reachable Datacrons to be "too hard" to obtain. There definitely are some bothersome ones to get, but I would stop short of saying that some are impossible.

I truly believe that all players, regardless of skill level, can get every Datacron in the game. I know you can do this. You have to want the Datacrons more than you want to quit.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

As I said in a previous post skill is immaterial when it comes to pressing buttons, but a physical handicap makes them impossible to reach but not one person from the threads I have read has highlighted this issue, yes if you can press a button, or control your mouse driven avatar, you can reach them.

But do Bioware really consider anyone not able bodies when deciding the locations of them because based on my own experiences they have not in any way considered this which is in my opinion only tantamount to discrimination.

Only one i haven't got is the +10. There were 8 of us and on the phase with the magnets we encountered so many bugs that after 4 hours we just got bored. That was in 1.1.2 and i haven't tested since.

Oh and the green shard on Belsavis that just begs to be fixed!

Edited by DarthKaras

My problem is controls, animation errors, and what looks like lag (but it's not because the connection is prefect.)

The game doesn't control like mario, so to ask for mario precision jumping is unreasonable.

i agree with this,i dont mind getting them,but the ones with alot of jumping makes them unattainable for me. the game is not really responsive on my machine and i miss jumps alot because of this.

I got all the datacrons with my main character (probably not going to that again for my alts, should not something get changed). I like the idea of the MGGS, but it is mostly horrible to use with all those bugs. And I really think that SWTOR has one of the worst jump physics I have seen in a game (but getting jumping that bad, I can understand why BioWare didn't tried to make swimming possible).

You are assuming that was not intended, I don’t assume such

I had a slimmer friend cross, and then we dueled and found that there are several abilities that will get one through that narrow crack.

Grapple works

Force leap works

etc etc etc

That was kind of fun figuring that out

Edited by Dayln

Ever think that your post denigrates people who have a physical disability, example a blind or visually impaired person, or a person with a physical injury, berate them because they cant use more than one button if you will, but please get a view of life outside of your imba ness at pushing buttons

Interesting choice of necro's....