More upsetting: Waves or Queues?

Zantoba

The reason that some people are complaining about Waves and some about Queues is also partly geographical.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

The European servers have quickly been overrun by today's waves, and they're all cresting.

Most of the NA servers still have room to spare (partially from pre-orders, and partially from people still at work).

You realize they are one in the same...

yes.

With the exception that waves created divisions in the community so all those not in QQ on the forums.

At least with queues you can get in at some point, with waves, you are totally excluded until they can be bothered to do another one.

Just in my own defense, I want to say that I personally am not complaining about anything; queues or waves. I just noticed the change in thread titles as I sit here at work and wanted to see if anyone else noticed, and why those people have changed their tune? I am thinking it is more of a changing of the guard in terms of people with issues.

Also, keep it tidy in here people. This is an observation thread, don't fight too much. :3

The reason that some people are complaining about Waves and some about Queues is also partly geographical.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

The European servers have quickly been overrun by today's waves, and they're all cresting.

Most of the NA servers still have room to spare (partially from pre-orders, and partially from people still at work).

Agree.

Isn't enough english servers on european side, could use afew more, they were clogged up in mere hours.

As to the waves or queue's, I'd say the waves were worse (I got in yesterday), as someone else said, with a queue you know when you'll get in, with waves it's just fabrication and guessing.

Although current 1hour+ queue's are annoying, I've seen worse heh.

Queues!

Even at this early stage in the game, before the masses start to play, there are queues of nearly 2hours on a number of servers.

My server is sitting at 40mins...... nope it went up to 45mins now in the 15 mins I have been sitting here.

This is a huge Fail, all my gaming friends have been asking about how the game is, and I tell them about this. I also tell them not to waste their money on this.

We, the preorder, early access people should be factored into the games advertising, its us who are going to be telling our friends about it, posting on forums and reviewing the game online.

Edited by Zakamo

People are going to be upset at launch for one reason for another. It's extremely tricky to release a flawless MMO with a huge number of people trying to get in at once.

Queues in a launch that is not staggered is much worse as it's not just making you wait, it's an indication that the servers are bogged down and that your playtime may not be all that enjoyable due to lag spikes and people crowding quest NPCs and such. Some experience MMO players don't even bother playing right away for games they are only curious about because they know how this goes.

The waves are a good try, if someone can come up with something better, awesome, but really this was the best idea for the most fun for most people.

And I'm glad I picked a server with a silly name, I've never seen a server queue so far. :p