New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

Except didnt Joveth make a post yesterday in the version of this thread that got capped, saying they're investigating and elevating the issue? Or do you want a quote from today?

They're investigating an issue that has one thread capped and another well on its way to cap, but we still have no idea beyond that?

I'd like to know what they're thinking of doing to fix this. Or ANYTHING new tbh.

Call me crazy, but I think we pay for that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I appreciate the attempt to make it more obvious which spells were on cooldown, I feel the new effects are just making it harder to see which abilities are available. The flashing and washout effects obscure the visibility of the abilities, and the flashing occurs after it has come off cooldown (making it difficult to react quickly as you cannot quite tell if it is available or just part of the GCD flashing).

All that was needed was to add a dark blue or reddish tinge to the abilities which were on cooldown, as the old GCD effect was sufficient and didn't obscure vision.

Is anyone else not liking the new effect?

All of this, plus something in this patch with the graphics is making me sick to my stomach and giving me a headache. There needs to be a way to toggle this off or something. There's no way I can play for any thing like an extended period of time now. I've been on less than 30 minutes as it is, and I'm already having trouble keeping down my dinner.

Please fix this and quickly!!

They're investigating an issue that has one thread capped and another well on its way to cap, but we still have no idea beyond that?

I'd like to know what they're thinking of doing to fix this. Or ANYTHING new tbh.

Call me crazy, but I think we pay for that.

I would too, but that post was yesterday. If its been a few days then I'd be up in arms. I imagine today was speant brainstorming ways to fix the issue for the 4th time >.>

Might as well add me to the list of people that can't stand this change.

As a tank, I continually have to stare at my action bars to see what ability is coming off cooldown....not fun and not effective.

I REALLY hope the devs read this thread right through because there a TON of great points made by other players.

PLEASE for the love of god give us the option to have a numbered countdown timer over the abilities on cooldown. It would make life so much easier to be able to glance down at my action bar quickly and see how long an ability is on CD. Having to guess or mouse over is really a huge make it or break it for me, especially in end game content.

I, as well as MANY OTHERS, LOVE the action bar new look. DONT TOUCH THEM. They all shiny and new! Adds more awesomeness to the game!!

Listen..the ones you can't use yet..have a white faded box around them...it's really really cool looking and goes with the game even more I think :)

so far..I have asked everybody in game if they like it..about 80 people now they all LOVE it and think it's cool..

sooo..I hope BW offers you guys with problems something in the middle

BUT DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTTING IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!! I JUST GOT USED TO THIS SYSTEM!! GRRRRRRRR

Im thinking everyone posting here should cancel their subs. When BW wakes up tomorrow hearing half their player base is ready to quit they'll move their butts on fixing it. Then resub once its fixed. Money always talks.

fix what?

only 1.0 is good,

and 1.1 is the worst,

now is much better than 1.1 UI.

I would too, but that post was yesterday. If its been a few days then I'd be up in arms. I imagine today was speant brainstorming ways to fix the issue for the 4th time >.>

I have a really cool idea.

Remove it until they find a "fix" so those of us having issues can enjoy playing what we pay to play again.

OH MAH GAWD I'M A GENIUS

that's the problem with forbidding third party addons in your game.

you are pretty much expected to deliver a smooth and functional UI.

I have a hard time understanding how there apparently was not a single person in an executive position, seeing this change and going: This is complete and utter crap, no way are we going live with this ****.

(the only thing I can understand even less is why they started messing with the perfectly functional vanilla CD indicator to begin with)

Edited by mufutiz

I already canceled my sub. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow log on and find the problem solved and ready to re-suscribe. If the problem persists tomorrow though I'll call it quits. Shame too cause gf was finally gonna have time to buy the game and play with me this weekend after me bugging her over and over and making her watch clone wars (the cartoon not the crappy CGI) . Back to LOL until Diablo 3 comes out I guess.

I, as well as MANY OTHERS, LOVE the action bar new look. DONT TOUCH THEM. They all shiny and new! Adds more awesomeness to the game!!

Listen..the ones you can't use yet..have a white faded box around them...it's really really cool looking and goes with the game even more I think :)

so far..I have asked everybody in game if they like it..about 80 people now they all LOVE it and think it's cool..

BUT DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTTING IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!! I JUST GOT USED TO THIS SYSTEM!! GRRRRRRRR

If they leave it i'll never will be able to play swtor again. hope that'll warm ur black heart when you will be enjoying you beloved shiny buttons.

I have a really cool idea.

Remove it until they find a "fix" so those of us having issues can enjoy playing what we pay to play again.

OH MAH GAWD I'M A GENIUS

yeah, personally i want them to hotfix this back to pre-patch because as of right now, i cant really log on and play. I could take any of the previous incarnations of the CD thing, but not this one.

If they leave it i'll never will be able to play swtor again. hope that'll warm ur black heart when you will be enjoying you beloved shiny buttons.

he is trolling.

i dont care if they let people who like it keep it, i cant play right now though because it makes me dizzy. give me a toggle so i can turn it off or something, anything.

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, and I don't feel like rereading every single post, but...

All my abilities are grayed out during combat when they are in cooldown or not in cooldown. Every single ability is always grayed out on my bar, with or whithout a blue line. Out of combat the abilities relight up. This is VERY, VERY, VERY confusing and only occured after this most recent patch.

Also... FIX THE FREAKING FPS. PLEASE. I know this complaint doesn't belong here, but oh my god I can't play off of 6fps anymore.

For those who are bothered by it though, (and are legitimately bothered at that, not just finding something new to complain about) I hope Bioware will offer some middle ground for you, but not at the expense of my shiny new actionbars either! :o

This.

They should maybe make an option to choose between the old one and the new one, hopefully it's not too hard for them to do something like that, and basically make everyone happy, those who like the new version, and those who apparently hate it immensely.

They need to find a middle ground.

Like make it so we can turn it off if it causes eye problems.

Good for you that you like it, but it was giving me such a bad headache I had to tell my boyfriend to stop in the middle of questing while I tried to calm the headache and eyestrain down.

There are legitimate issues for a great number of people. Ignoring that would be gross negligence on the part of BW.

yeah, personally i want them to hotfix this back to pre-patch because as of right now, i cant really log on and play. I could take any of the previous incarnations of the CD thing, but not this one.

Part of me is glad I have limited play time with work and school right now. Even though those shining moments of when I get to play currently look bleak.

/sad panda

My whole guild has denounced the change. They would rather have the last revision than this new one.

It's bothered me so badly, that I've had to stop playing. I'll keep an eye on the forums/news to see if/when they change it. Then, I'll come back.

Edited by Tonkah

The funny part.. no one on here has stated "Put it back and dont let those tards who like it not have it! Ha Ha!" We're all saying give those of us who cant use this new system a way to use the old one so we can at least play the game. The trolls coming on here to just go "Lul its too cool to remove you all so dumb" are just being tards as usual. Flag them and move on.

I already canceled my sub. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow log on and find the problem solved and ready to re-suscribe. If the problem persists tomorrow though I'll call it quits. Shame too cause gf was finally gonna have time to buy the game and play with me this weekend after me bugging her over and over and making her watch clone wars (the cartoon not the crappy CGI) . Back to LOL until Diablo 3 comes out I guess.

Sorry to clarify I'm not quiting just because Bioware did not provide an instant solution. I'm quitting because besides an "automated" response provided over 10 hours ago they have still failed to provide any update. Despite numerous posts nobody even knows if they are trying to fix it ("investigating" is not fixing). All I want is some tranparency like: "we are looking into it and a solution is expecting within the next couple of days." But we get nothing.

Edited by Thesseract

The funny part.. no one on here has stated "Put it back and dont let those tards who like it not have it! Ha Ha!" We're all saying give those of us who cant use this new system a way to use the old one so we can at least play the game. The trolls coming on here to just go "Lul its too cool to remove you all so dumb" are just being tards as usual. Flag them and move on.

Yup, I don't care if you like the new one, but please for the love of God give us an option to use the old one.