BioWare's Gabe Amatangelo speaks on faction imbalance.

Zyanzor

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blizzard gave the horde Blood elf.,

Bioware can give the republic Jawas.

Issues resolved.

All that did was shift the populations toward Horde. It was so bad by Cataclysm that it was almost impossible for Alliance to level on most pvp servers they were so outnumbered. Blizzard's solution was paid faction/server transfers. Yes, they let you pay them for the pleasure of solving a problem they created and refused to address.

All that did was shift the populations toward Horde. It was so bad by Cataclysm that it was almost impossible for Alliance to level on most pvp servers they were so outnumbered. Blizzard's solution was paid faction/server transfers. Yes, they let you pay them for the pleasure of solving a problem they created and refused to address.

F paid transfers. Should just be a free transfer with 3 character limit on a month CD or something.

I hate to even mention that 'other' mmo, but they didn't do anything about unbalanced factions either, and you can beat it was because they couldn't figure out how. I'll be shocked if BW can, we can hope though.

Well they did provide free transfers at certain points in time.

Free paid transfers? lol? Did you actually think about that? Free....PAID....transfers... ;)

He didn't say free paid transfers...

He said F paid transfers as in "eff that"

Much like the conclusion of your sig based on the linked story, you need to read a bit closer.

So true. I honestly don't think there is any way of keeping faction population at a even number on servers. If they could then there would be a solution by now.

For me, the whole faction idea is what is the problem. Always one side will be more appealing than the other.

This is the 3rd game I've played with factions, and all 3 have had the same issue. Anything any company has tried to do to even things out has not worked.

On the PvP servers, get rid of the factions. Allow open pvp. Have the sides be chosen by the players through affiliations and alliances.

Edited by Appletaz

Hi.

i have an idea!!

IMO If bw given to republicans an amount of rested state in the first part of leveling (20 lvls full rested??), and comunicate to the users when they try to create a character, then more players chose a republican character.

The double experience could change the users decisions.

This action dont unbalanced factions but there are a extra point for chose the minirity faction.

What do you think?

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

PD2: Can anyone correct my text please?

Hi.

i have an idea!!

IMO If bw given to republicans an amount of rested state in the first part of leveling (20 lvls full rested??), and comunicate to the users when they try to create a character, then more players chose a republican character.

The double experience could change the users decisions.

This action dont unbalanced factions but there are a extra point for chose the minirity faction.

What do you think?

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

PD2: Can anyone correct my text please?

Then everyone would roll Republic causing the Imperial side to imbalance. I know I would reroll lol!

Edited by Zyanzor