Marauder Buff = Nerf in Disguise

Phyrexianist

I keep seeing ppl write that base damage is higher but crits are the same. I'm not sure where they are getting this.

Pre-patch from the 2 talents:

Non crit bleeds got 6% from hem and 30% from bleedout

crit bleeds got 6% from hem and 30% from bleedout

Post patch from the 2 talents:

Non crit bleeds got 15% from hem and nothing from bleedout (dps loss)

crit bleeds got 15% from hem and 30% from bleedout (dps gain)

So your statement about crits doing the same or less is just false. Bioware was correct, technically, in saying it was a dps increase but failed to mention where it applied. In a fight with a LOT of uptime (ie pve boss) you will see a dps increase due to zerker usage. In PVP, it will prob be a slight decrease based on how your game goes (constant uptime).

So the more you crit, the more of a buff this patch was for you.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauder beats tracer/grav spammers. This doesnt make tracer/grav good design tho. And let me tell you, that it's different to beat tracer/grav spammers than to beat mercenaries/commandos. I can kill those people with 100 health remaining cause if I interrupt the tracers, they just sit there doing nothing cause they are baddies. Go play a game with better pvp design, try to spam 2 sec cast abilities in the face of a melee then come and tell me your k/d ratio. Then you will get the point of the nerf cries. Edited by gtdead

Have you even watched star wars?

Huge nerf to damage this patch, but it's impossible to tell how much is due to rakata bio changes and how much is due to talent fiddling because of the lack of combat log.

If you think you saw a dps increase then you clearly don't pay attention.

Also, now that everyone and their mom knows sorc and mercs (mirrors) are OP, untouched by nerfs and no word from devs on it, they all rerolled them.

i'm a full BM sorc. i've rerolled a marauder. if you actually think that marauder are underpowered than you either got no clue or just suck. your pick.

maybe you're one of those ultranoobs that think that powertech pyrotech's are underpowered aswell?

go check the interrupt of the marauder, go check the annihiliation tree talents. tracer missile mercs will get 1-3 tracers out before he's dead.

i'm so sick of those clueless noobs talking crap about marauder... marauder has by far the best utility for the pvp. absorb, invis (mostly combined with a 50% heal nowadays), 20% dmg reduction with 50% uptime during fights, another 50% melee/defense buff with built in 25% dmg decrease against tech/force spells. interrupt on the shortest cooldown of all classes and Insane dmg output. sor's dmg output is teh crap compared to that of a marauder, which is ok since sorcs have range benefig.

the only unbalanced class is the already mentioned powertech pyrotech atm. assuming they're geared with chamption + crti/surge stuff.

Edited by iDerrien

i'm so sick of those clueless noobs talking crap about marauder... marauder has by far the best utility for the pvp. absorb, invis (mostly combined with a 50% heal nowadays)

Just so you know, because you've clearly never played a Marauder; Force Camo does not act like Force Shroud, and remove the players from combat. You cannott vanish and pop frozenshock water, then go back to town. You would probably know this if you had actually ever tried the class.

They did say we're increasing 6% to 15% to COMPENSATE the loss due to a bug. yes, we get that, but the compensation doesn't turn out to be an increase in dmg but decrease.

so then, just leave your patch notes without saying "this will cause an increase in overall damage" because that is not true. Just say you did this and that, and be done. corrected the bug, and did something to compensate the loss. Don't have to lie, seriously.

You don't need a combat log to test simple things.

Being able to back up statements with actual numbers can make a huge difference in getting a response from the development team. No facts equals "It was a buff, these are just variances due to 'x' circumstance."

Combat logs can highlight the truth.

Well, we could tell for sure if they would let us make mods, give us a damage meter, or at least a combat log that can be exported. But, Bioware's flagrant catering to the casuals knows no bounds. I say again, no bounds are known.

I agree it is the best 1v1 tree for those who know how to use it..but many have no clue!

it's the best class for humbling scrubs in duels.

see what i did there?

Combat logs can highlight the truth.

mabye there is a correlation between this statement and the sad fact they are not in the game.

Edited by mufutiz

Doesn't surprise me, Failware nerfed Assassins for no reason, now they've stealth nerfed Marauders.

I guess next week's patch will be a stealth nerf to snipers, then the 3 weakest classes will be all nerfed.

Meanwhile tracer spammers go nerf-free.

It's obvious reading and comprehension is not strong in this one.. :(

maybe you're one of those ultranoobs that think that powertech pyrotech's are underpowered aswell?

I rerolled this Pyrotech PT; Marauder is still my main; but I like blowing people up in 5-6 seconds. Also 400k damage at lvl 35 is just too strong.

Can't Imagine what happens when I gear him. ;)

Apparently it needed to be corrected because it was wrong/working not as intended.

You really need a dev to say that to you?

Devs and patch notes note a DPS increase...so yes the Devs did tell us...If you click the Dev tracker and do a ctrl+F(assuming Firefox or IE or Chrome), and type in Searing, there should be at least two posts about it.

Man, we aren't debating the fact that it needed to be fixed. We are debating the fact that it clearly was stated multiple times in threads from Devs, that the fix to Searing Saber would be a marginal DPS increase, and then they revised Plasma Blades on top of that, and wrote explicitly again, these two changes combined would be a marginal DPS increase.

Turns out it isn't.

It's the principle of the matter...It's like the left hand(Dev team) and right hand(Patch note writers) don't know how to hold their junk, while doing business. Nobody likes being mislead.

Being able to back up statements with actual numbers can make a huge difference in getting a response from the development team. No facts equals "It was a buff, these are just variances due to 'x' circumstance."

Even if you had hard numbers, a video, a chart, and Stephen Hawking explaining your numbers, Bioware wouldn't respond anyways.

They don't care.