QUEUES on Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Gamex

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix server queues on Tomb of Freedon nadd - its stupid I can't even play when I have time to play, over 1-2 hours waiting in queue and if I somehow crash or LD I have wait in queue again? REALLY?

I chose this server before it had any queue on the first day of early access - why did all the kids come to this server- its stupid. My character is almost level 30 and I can't even play... I'm tempted to re-roll to another server but I have a feeling that on launch all servers are gonna have stupid long queues. Not fun Bioware, not fun. :(

Do this!

Bioware is finally doing what other MMOs refuse to do... they are saying HEY! Wait in a que or reroll on another server! Eventually people get fed up and reroll on another server. This is what is needed to ensure that we don't have ghost town servers. IMO, they need to keep the ques to push people to not as populated servers.

Most MMOs just cave and allow people to pile on the popular servers. Can't do that if you want to prevent 10 dead servers for every 1 popular server.

IMO they ought to go so far as to simply put a cap on the number of characters that can be created per server. Or rather the number of accounts who can hold characters on that server (so that people can still roll alts). Don't get in? Tough luck. Once a week transfer inactive accounts off the server into storage and make them pick a new server when they resub. This way, you have servers filling to capacity, will always be filled to capacity, and the other people will have to go elsewhere. I know, people will ***** about not being able to play with their friends, but those people can just go play on another server with all of their friends that has room for them all :) Harsh and unrealistic I know, but it is the way I'd do things ha.

Edited by Thaonnor

I chose this server before it had any queue on the first day of early access - why did all the kids come to this server- its stupid:(

It was plainly obvious to anyone who read the forums before launch that that server was going to be vastly overpopulated, its your own fault. That said at peak times nearly every server status is always set to full with large queues, only thing we can do is hope they expand the server capacity to let all the "kids" onto your server so you can all live happily ever after.

If you'd check the @SWTOR Twitter feed, you'd know that they've been adding new servers like crazy...

It'll even out, give it some time and relax.

Creating new serves is a cheap way of fixing something.. Buy new hardware that can handle the amount of players. And don't tell me bioware didn't know how many people where going to play...

I have been in the que on tomb of freedon nadd now for 4h 35min and still not in and that is unacceptable we are paying customers so sort it out fast..

What i dont understand is why all the Big PvP guilds didnt just change server when they found out the spanish was going there?

Firstly, the question is why did the Spanish choose to go there when all the pvp guilds had already decided to go there. Not the other way around.

Secondly, some of us had our guilds automatically assigned there. Because we are one of the big pvp guilds and set out allegiances and foes accordingly.

I know people say Oh just select a server with less population its still early release, but this is the server SWTOR put our guild on with over 170 members how are we just all going to pick up and move to a less populated server?

But I do have confidence that Bio Ware will come up with some solutions before or at release.

I have my friends and a guild on Tomb of Freedon Nadd...

Waited for 3 hours, just to create a character and reach level 2. Then UI glitched, so I couldn't click anything on screen... I was trying to fix it, resulting game just closing, and guess what? Back to 3 hour queue.

Wasted around 4 hours for nothing. At least I could play TF2 in the background, but even then SW:TOR was causing problems, trying to pop up as the main window, covering browser, skype, steam etc.

I'm glad that the game is out, but it's hard not to be pissed.

The point is that, if we already have so big queues when the game is before the oficial release, I don't even want to imagine what's going to happen on 20th.

Bioware could have suggested 1-2 servers to Spain, Italy or any other country players so this scenario wouldn't have occurred.

This happens when you don't plan the work.

The point is that, if we already have so big queues when the game is before the oficial release, I don't even want to imagine what's going to happen on 20th.

Bioware could have suggested 1-2 servers to Spain, Italy or any other country players so this scenario wouldn't have occurred.

This happens when you don't plan the work.

I disagree. Bioware has done an awesome job with basically everything so far. Looking back at early access and launches in other MMO's, this is by far the smoothest. And I'm not a fanboy :)

The reason Freedon Nadd has a massive queue is that various communities decided it would be their designated server. How you expect that Bioware would have foreseen it on this scale I don't know. I didn't decide on Freedon either until I saw that most competitive PvP guilds I've enjoyed playing with and against during the last decade are rolling there, and this was one day before early access.

The only criticism is as you say that they planned no separate servers for Spaniards and Italians. The way citizens of these two countries always flock together into massive guilds and communities in every MMO is something only European MMO players know though. However, it's been a while since I saw this kind of flocking, usually it's just 300-500 people, not thousands.

Edited by Kal-Ekh

I disagree. Bioware has done an awesome job with basically everything so far. Looking back at early access and launches in other MMO's, this is by far the smoothest. And I'm not a fanboy :)

The reason Freedon Nadd has a massive queue is that various communities decided it would be their designated server. How you expect that Bioware would have foreseen it on this scale I don't know. I didn't decide on Freedon either until I saw that most competitive PvP guilds I've enjoyed playing with and against during the last decade are rolling there, and this was one day before early access.

The only criticism is as you say that they planned no separate servers for Spaniards and Italians. The way citizens of these two countries always flock together into massive guilds and communities in every MMO is something only European MMO players know though. However, it's been a while since I saw this kind of flocking, usually it's just 300-500 people, not thousands.

Kal-Ekh, the same thing happened in WoW, it was only fixed when there were specific servers for these nationalities. I agree it is complicated to foreseen these issues, but when you decide to go with servers for English, French and German, you know that you are taking a serious risk with Italian, Spanish and Russian groups (mainly, these are the countries that provide the biggest groups which are not included in the former distribution).

Therefore, there is always something that can be done, and it's not acceptable to have such big queues in half of the servers in the early access phase, of more than 1 hour in some cases, even reaching 2-3 hours in Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

someone had the notion that they keep the population cap low to spread people out over the servers

this makes sense--even if they can avoid technical issues from tons of people on a single server, it's not really healthy for the game if some servers are ghost towns

no idea if it's true

Firstly, the question is why did the Spanish choose to go there when all the pvp guilds had already decided to go there. Not the other way around.

Remember guild phase 3? remember server deploiment? 80% of spanish guilds where ASSIGNED by BW to ToFN. The rest, simply followed them. Blame BW on this, not the guilds.

OK so I waited 4 hours to play last night (queued at 18:30gmt, got in 22:43). Now I don't normally complain about the queues and have been quite patient waiting every night to play but when you think to yourself "oh it's 10am, I'll play some quick PvP before work" only to find a 60 minute queue at 10am it's kinda a big joke.

I hate to say it, but I believe he has a point, looking at the waiting times for other English servers, I can understand and justify a wait of maybe 20 mins, but over an hour to play? Seems like a bit of a joke to me.

Granted, I know that there are a larger number of people still waiting for EGA, but still, if they are having queues of over an hour on a single server, whereas other servers are still on a light load, why not offload some of the strain, and use another servers resources. They're all going to be virtual servers anyway, so it's not exactly difficult to do.

considering your solution is impossible, sure why not ill pull a magic server out of my ***.

Playing since 08.30 in the morning, got d/c at 10.30 and I have 1300 people queue now (estimated waiting time 1h30m). Is this a joke?

Bioware must do something, otherwise lot of people will not play more than the starting month. And this is not a problem with this server only, more than 50% of the servers are full and with queues