Framerate in WZ's

mjomasta

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got from 50fps in PvE to a terrifying 8 - 10fps in WZ. Alderaan being the absolute worst, but no WZ is enjoyable in this state. Skills are iffy as hell, and mostly I just whack away at the keyboard, hoping to get lucky. Takes seconds for something to happen...

I run an i7 920 at 4ghz, gtx 560 ti at 920 mhz and 12gb of ram, I get well over 100 fps but I do use vsync cause its just easier on the hardware and power to run at 60 fps when my monitor is only 60hz anyway.

I can't speak to warzones but I have noticed in that for some reason I'll sometimes get only 30fps with vsync on, its like a glitch, it'll stay constantly at 30 fps. If I go into the graphics setting and toggle vsync on/off or remove it it goes away and will run the 100+ framrate or 60 fps if I turn on vsync. Then after a while I notice its doing 30 fps again when running vsync. Very strange.

Edited by Dankestone

something is definitely strange when it comes to the settings in this game..I noticed that in beta already and the fact that official tips include playing with the high/low presets seems like there might be some bug going on I guess...well for me switching the settings from high to low makes almost no noticeable difference..

Bump. This is really bad.

I thought after getting up to level 25 I would try out PvP. Big mistake. Horribly choppy. Civil War seems to be the worst out of all of them for me. Huttball isn't as bad, but still unplayable. In every warzone, I encounter someone and go to initiate combat, FPS lag from hell, suddenly I'm dead before I can even see my action respond. Never was or is like this for me out of PvP where I get smooth, consistent FPS.

It's funny because there are so many particle effects going on all over the place, and the render distance is pretty much from one side of the warzone to the other, yet there are no graphical options for either of those two. I can turn off shadows, cool, doesn't really make much difference. Turn down textures/shaders, probably a 1-2 FPS increase. Trees/grass, in Civil War and Huttball? Lol! I'm sure if I could turn both of them down or to lowest, I would notice a difference.

Maybe PvP is just graphically intensive or intensive on the processor? I don't know, but there's enough of us here to tell you it isn't a small deal that can be ignored easily.

Bump. This is really bad.

I thought after getting up to level 25 I would try out PvP. Big mistake. Horribly choppy. Civil War seems to be the worst out of all of them for me. Huttball isn't as bad, but still unplayable. In every warzone, I encounter someone and go to initiate combat, FPS lag from hell, suddenly I'm dead before I can even see my action respond. Never was or is like this for me out of PvP where I get smooth, consistent FPS.

It's funny because there are so many particle effects going on all over the place, and the render distance is pretty much from one side of the warzone to the other, yet there are no graphical options for either of those two. I can turn off shadows, cool, doesn't really make much difference. Turn down textures/shaders, probably a 1-2 FPS increase. Trees/grass, in Civil War and Huttball? Lol! I'm sure if I could turn both of them down or to lowest, I would notice a difference.

Maybe PvP is just graphically intensive or intensive on the processor? I don't know, but there's enough of us here to tell you it isn't a small deal that can be ignored easily.

The option to turn down render distance was removed since the last beta build, no clue why. I never felt it affected my fps much regardless.

I run the game on 1600x900 with everything on high when questing, doing flashpoints etc. I get between around 60+ frames per second. If i try to do that in warzones, i'm normally stuck on 25 frames. I decided to put everything on low, & i mean everything, to see if there is a major difference. There is not.

So i tested. I ran a warzone on 800x600, every setting was down to low & i gained around 5-6 frames per second.

PvP is playable with 25-30 frames per second, but it's one hell of a choir & it isn't really any fun.

Edited by SnakeBites

I run the game on 1600x900 with everything on high when questing, doing flashpoints etc. I get between around 60+ frames per second. If i try to do that in warzones, i'm normally stuck on 25 frames. I decided to put everything on low, & i mean everything, to see if there is a major difference. There is not.

So i tested. I ran a warzone on 800x600, every setting was down to low & i gained around 5-6 frames per second.

PvP is playable with 25-30 frames per second, but it's one hell of a choir & it isn't really any fun.

Mine seems to be the same, i play on high and get around 80-90 fps while questing

But in warzones it wont go higher than 27. Large battles can go down to 3-5 fps, this needs to get fixed, soon. As well as super freakin long load times.

Mine seems to be the same, i play on high and get around 80-90 fps while questing

But in warzones it wont go higher than 27. Large battles can go down to 3-5 fps, this needs to get fixed, soon. As well as super freakin long load times.

I hope we get a patch soon

I hope we get a patch soon

I doubt that we will see any large one before January, because if that patch makes the game unstable there is a huge risk involved in releasing it when the servers already are stressed.

So hopefully they will get time to get to the bottom of this!

Edited by Xesha

I doubt that we will see any large one before January, because if that patch makes the game unstable there is a huge risk involved in releasing it when the servers already are stressed.

So hopefully they get time to the bottom of this!

unfortunately i think this is totally accurate, no way BW would risk creating further instability with a new patch so close to launch. look at the mess bethesda is in with skyrim and all those patches. our best hope probably lies with driver updates. what a mess.

i did notice that one of my core's is contantly peaking at 100% when i enter a warzone. I know other people are playing with good frames cuz i'm watching pvp videos on youtube that look smooth as hell.

however, i do know some people with i7's getting the same problem so i dunno >.<

i think more or less that my processor is too weak for this game. Sucks cuz i love pvp, but it's gonna take my months before i can afford an upgrade :(

i have an amd athoon II x4 620 (quad core 2.6 GHz)

yeah seems to always be alderaan. games running fine until the cannons start shooting the ships and thats it unplayable.

thought it was a gfx so changed from gtx 260 to a 2gig 6970 and no difference, oh well. looks like a full pc upgrade is on the cards. everything else in the game runs fine.

Just ran a test now in Voidstar, at the start of the match GPU usage is around 50% with a nice 50fps, after 2 mins or so GPU drops to around 30% and stays there and frame rate goes as low as 20. If someone here who has no fps issues in Warzones could do the same test that would be nice.

Bumping this, again.

Once again, want to stress that I have absolutely no issue in Voidstar or Huttball...

But it seems Alderaan in particular, is having bad memory leak issues.

I can still play... sort of, but it's like playing with one arm and one leg.