Why do Anakin and Padme love each other?

JustTed

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my current gf and i have only been together for 3 years but imo padme didnt "love" anakin. Padme was aware of Anakins interest in her and after being alone with only him for a while on Naboo and having Anakin constantly hitting on her she gave in and they slept together. After that Padme, probably confused, believed she loved anakin and got married to not feel like a whore. Few months later being pregnant decided she must love anakin, even if subconsciously to make her feel better about about sleeping with him, getting married to him because she slept with him and being pregnant as a result. It was all to attempt to salvage the downward spiral of her life. She imo was just trying to fix a series of mistakes which lead to more mistakes

^this

everyone just stay calm and take your hands off of the keyboard. take a deep breath and count to 20.

I'm quite calm, but good advice. I don't know what I was thinking. If they weren't blind fan boys, they couldn't like these films. It's fighting windmills.

Gonna have to agree with Ted on this one. The "Love story" if you can even call it that, was horrific at best. Made little to no sense, and yes Anakin does act extremely creepy towards her and she falls in love with him regardless for pretty much no reason except that the plot called for it and George Lucas said so. I was in 8th grade when episode one came out, and even being a kid I absolutely hated it. I have recently watched them all again with the various marathons they play on spike a few times a month, and they are even more appaling then I originially thought. All I can do is LOL at anyone who thinks Anakin acts perfectly normal in episode 2, and that the "love story" is a good one.

Your mind is just too simple to follow the storyline like all the other prequel haters.

Dont try to rationalize love, even in a fictional story, youll just hurt your brain.

But if it has to come down to some kind of rational explanation for irrational thought I would have to go with trust. Padme trusts Anakin.

1) Shes known him for several years - during some very difficult times in her life.

2) In that time hes never tried to lie or take advantage of her, in fact hes quite open with his feelings with her (this is before any romantic interest - he talks about his mom)

3) Hes saved her life several times. As such they have been through some dangerous and traumatic situations which will reinforce their friendship and connection to one another.

4) He expresses his interest in her and is quite determined. This only builds her attraction for him.

Dont try to rationalize love, even in a fictional story, youll just hurt your brain.

But if it has to come down to some kind of rational explanation for irrational thought I would have to go with trust. Padme trusts Anakin.

1) Shes known him for several years - during some very difficult times in her life.

2) In that time hes never tried to lie or take advantage of her, in fact hes quite open with his feelings with her (this is before any romantic interest - he talks about his mom)

3) Hes saved her life several times. As such they have been through some dangerous and traumatic situations which will reinforce their friendship and connection to one another.

4) He expresses his interest in her and is quite determined. This only builds her attraction for him.

Your totally right. And if this guy says your wrong then like I've said before he is not asking a question he is just typing a irrational argument.

Your mind is just too simple to follow the storyline like all the other prequel haters.

My mind is too simple to understand the prequels? Out of all the movies that have an intricate plot, you think any of the star wars movies are up there near the top? Lol

What?

Sorry you don't like them, but generalizing all the prequel likers to be young and naive to merchandise sales is just silly and wrong.

I am 37 years old, I love the prequels, I certainly think the originals were better, but I love it all as a whole.

I don't see how they are "tacked on", what makes them so? It's a whole three movies.

The Original trilogy was a huge money vehicle. Do you even research anything before posting your opinion.

Han was going to die in the originals, but George stopped it so he can sell more action figures and Han memorabilia.

I'm sorry that I failed to cater to your specific niche. I'll amend my categories to "People Who Are Too Young To Know Better" and "People Who Probably Should Know Better But Don't." I hope that this addition fulfills your need for recognition.

Now, moving along. You really should know what you're talking about before you go around insisting that other people need to research. It's well known that the original Star Wars movie was a big gamble for Lucas, he basically asked FOX for a pittance so that he could keep editorial control of the final cut, the merchandising (and nobody truly expected there would BE any merchandising because sci-fi wasn't popular at the time), and the rights to any sequels (again, nobody thought there were going to be any sequels. That's why A New Hope has a much more definitive ending than The Phantom Menace.) The reason there was a lot of merch for the original trilogy was because it became popular. Whereas with the prequel trilogy the popularity was assumed ahead of time and partially designed around producing merch. The closest the original trilogy gets to that is the ewoks.

Additionally, the prequels seem very much designed to create a newer, younger generation of fans (who can buy, or bug their parents to buy, associated merch). All over the place you can see things that are there to appeal to different demographics. For little boys we have stuff like meeting Anakin as an 8 year old, lots of little jedi kids with lightsabers being taught by Yoda, and, of course, Jar-Jar.

For teenagers (and action movie fans I suppose, the terms are roughly synonymous) we get crap like: action scenes that do little to nothing to advance the plot (pod racing, Coruscant speeder chase, the Gungans vs Droids battle, everything involving Darth Maul and Grevious, any time Yoda fights someone, all of the Clones vs. Droids battle scenes a.k.a. People We Don't Care About Fight Some Other Things We Don't Care About), tons of bloody lightsabers with such perfectly executed fight choreography that they become tensionless and boring, Anakin being an angst-y little jerk who complains about his job and teacher, and various bits of Natalie Portmans anatomy.

Unfortunately I can't think of anything that was put in to draw in adult viewers, except maybe nostalgia. Perhaps that's why the prequels ceaselessly and carelessly reference design motifs, dialogue, and shots from the originals.

Another thing, the various box office releases since the late 90s seem to be aimed at keeping Star Wars in the public eye. Between the Special Editions, the prequels, The Clone Wars, and now the 3-D re-releases the longest time Star Wars has been absent from theaters is a bit over 3 years since bloody 1997, damn near 15 years of almost continual releases and re-releases. That's officially worse than even the Rocky movies were. If that doesn't qualify all for a massive cash grab than I don't know what could.

Oh, and to not leave your parting line unreferenced. Han was also supposed to be a green alien with gills at one point and R2 and 3PO were originally Imperial construction droids. Scripts change and I've never once heard that Han was kept around specifically so they could make more toys of him.

very good point. Emotions aren't in any way logical. Therefore, do not use logic to argue about an emotion. You don't feel emotions the same way as someone else, and different things cause you to feel a certain emotion and it may only affect you that way

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

Your totally right. And if this guy says your wrong then like I've said before he is not asking a question he is just typing a irrational argument.

dude we all know hes irrational. If he wants to go point for point on the dumb vid he made im down. He makes no specific points and only defends with generalizations

Yep thats what I'm saying. Now their are some other plots that are complicated too

Well since you can't even handle grammar properly, I am going to go out on a limb and say that you like them because you have a pretty simple mind.

Edited by Xdancp