Why do Anakin and Padme love each other?

JustTed

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because George Lucas is a moron that forgot how to write a decent script in favour of just spamming the screen with special effects while he sits on his rear end in a green screen environment.

Padme is supposed to be some sort of hero that rebels against tyranny and injustice... then falls in love with a killer who openly admits to her face that he murdered woman and children, displays treason towards the government and supports a dictatorship.

When they first meet, all he does is whine about Obi-Wan holding him back

He gives creepy looks which cause Padme to become uncomfortable

He even becomes a peeping tom pervert watching her as she sleeps

He interrupts her, mocks her and treats her like rubbish with no sense of affection or any kind of attachment beyond simply wanting in her pants because... the plot demands it.

Hey honey, I just killed some woman and children, I am gonna dominate the galaxy and stop people from dying because it's all Obi-Wans fault

Answer: It is only natural

Correct Answer: Kthxbye...

you know what's funny,

you say we need to ask a REAL girl if they would marry/date/like somelike like anakin,

but you seem to forget that star wars and the real world are two different things with different morals and such.

Exactly this, exactly like what I said, why can't this guy get the message.

you know what's funny,

you say we need to ask a REAL girl if they would marry/date/like somelike like anakin,

but you seem to forget that star wars and the real world are two different things with different morals and such.

If it's not a story about humans (which the people in Star Wars are called), or people that are vaguely human-like, then you can't identify with the characters and there's no drama.

Story Telling 101.

You've retreated all the way back to "The things people in the Sta Wars universe don't have to do things that makes sense because it's not the real world." This is serious desperation. Of course what they do has to make sense.

Two things:

One: the popularity of Twilight proves your second statement false.

Two: She doesn't fall in love with him when he's a war criminal. It's not like he slaughtered a bunch of children and she was all "I have got to get me a piece of that". She loved him before hand and then when she heard what he'd done she didn't fully believe it.

Let me ask you somthing. If you get told someone you love, whether it be a partner, child, sibling, parent or whatever, has commited this horrible crime and you're assured that yes, they did do it, do you suddenly stop caring about the person or do you still love them and hold it in your heart that they didn't do it? Do you decide to just cut all contact with them or do you try and confront them and get their side of the story?

Now before you bring up the Sandpeople thing you should realise that in the SW universe Sandpeople are thought of as little more than animals, even by the Republic. The idea that Anakin slaughtered a tribe of them after his mother died in his arms, which by the way is a completely reasonable reaction, probably disgusted her a bit but Padme is full of empathy and would be far more concerned with what Anakin was feeling and the pain he was in then what he did to some animals in anger.

If your mother was killed by a pack of Orangutans and you then killed all the Orangutans would people consider you a monster? Of course not. They might think you overreacted a bit but they'd understand the want for revenge against the animals that killed your mother.

I would think someone was a monster for killing a whole tribe of Orangutans. Its more like no one cared because people don't care about anyone other than the ones they love in Star Wars. If he slaughtered a bunch of people in Mos Eisley she would think the same thing.

For the fifth time:

I got the message. It's stupid as is the messenger. See above. I explained it several times.

May I ask you something,

please answer this,

why do you bother to open a thread asking a question if you dismiss anything anyone says?

pointless debate.

why do you bother to open a thread asking a question if you dismiss anything anyone says?

Here's what you just accused me of.

I say something.

Someone offers a counter-argument.

I say "that's wrong and I summarily dismiss it." I've never done this. This is a simple lie.

I've addressed all of your points. When I do, you come back with, "he just dismisses everything!" You never offer a counter to the counter, you just cry.

No wonder you're defending Aankin.

Edited by JustTed

Because George Lucas is a moron that forgot how to write a decent script in favour of just spamming the screen with special effects while he sits on his rear end in a green screen environment.

Padme is supposed to be some sort of hero that rebels against tyranny and injustice... then falls in love with a killer who openly admits to her face that he murdered woman and children, displays treason towards the government and supports a dictatorship.

When they first meet, all he does is whine about Obi-Wan holding him back

He gives creepy looks which cause Padme to become uncomfortable

He even becomes a peeping tom pervert watching her as she sleeps

He interrupts her, mocks her and treats her like rubbish with no sense of affection or any kind of attachment beyond simply wanting in her pants because... the plot demands it.

Hey honey, I just killed some woman and children, I am gonna dominate the galaxy and stop people from dying because it's all Obi-Wans fault

Answer: It is only natural

Correct Answer: Kthxbye...

What creepy looks are you talking about. I never saw him make creepy looks.

What peeping tom are you talking about. It was his mission to protect her from assassins. If you say that then Obi-Wan was a peeping tom too.

He never interrupts her, mocks her, or treats her like rubbish. Where are you getting this crap from/

I say something.

I say "that's wrong and I summarily dismiss it." I've never done this. This is a simple lie.

I've addressed all of your points. When I do, you come back with, "he just dismisses everything!" You never offer a counter to the counter, you just cry.

I really dont see how my ideas were dismissed

I say something.

The only thing I'm the defending here is the truth

What creepy looks are you talking about. I never saw him make creepy looks.

Just head straight to Part Two for a break down of how no woman would be attracted to this lunatic.

He never interrupts her, mocks her, or treats her like rubbish. Where are you getting this crap from/

Uh, the movie. Watch the above. It's all there.

I say something.

Your dismissing it because you never asked a question you just played devils advocate.