45 Minute Queue - Really!?

amerrigan

Has it crossed your mind at all that they've likely capped the servers for EGA, in an effort to force us to spread out amongst the various servers they've released? Then, they'll likely do the same with newer servers they add on the 20th. At which point, they'll most likely open up the server caps, once the population has sorted itself out a bit and is less likely to abandon one server and their toons completely for another.

Makes sense I guess. I read something like that in a post from Bioware aswell.

But still!!! :)

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally the same thing as being denied a GAME for an hour. >_<

I only have this to say.

I'm still not in, noting has changed for me.

and now...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *points and laughs*

You got to taste the game and are now DENIED!

KARMA IS A @#$# AIN'T IT!

All these people in the game bashing people not in for wanting to be in, loving that they are in, and quite selfishly not caring that anyone else is in now that they got in.

Oops, QUEUE TIMES!

So despite all this rage and tears and anger and fustration: QUEUES HAPPENED ANYWAY!

Oh ho man, I couldn't have planned this better myself, this is great!

This is the ultimate proof their "staggered" launch is ultimately a failure. We already get 45+ minute queues on servers where our guilds were assigned to. How bad will it be on supposed "real" launch day (20)?

Admit it, your cute little "staggered launch" achieved nothing but to make customers angry.

And before the "zomg u r jealous" trolls, I'm in game now. I experience this first hand. This TOTALLY failed.

3 things...

1. For those of you that are getting disconnected in queue, your harddrive is going to sleep, which drops your internet connection. It cracks me up that I see this complaint on every MMO launch, and everyone always tries to blame the game maker for their PC settings. Hysterical!

2. I play on Kaas City, and I had no problems logging in and out multiple times last night as I leveled to 10 in a starting zone that was populated - but not slammed busy. Additionally, there were only two servers at Full and one at Heavy in the whole list. Everything else was at Standard. The EGA is working perfectly, compared to other launches I have been through that offered headstarts.

3. Why does everyone think the 20th is going to be so bad? Most people that are going to play this game at launch most likely pre-ordered it - meaning the influx of new accounts on the 20th will be minimal at best.

Everybody calm down . Screaming will make only things worse . The common sense question that everybody should have in this mind is : how can i help solve this problem ?

I see a lot of people screaming , whining, but they don`t offer any kind of helpful information so that they can solve the problem . I think people should post just their server and the que time they were experiencing . The rest is not up to us .

So here i start : Bloodworthy - 15.12.2011 - 21:00 log in time - 1 hour and 30 minutes

que time .

Please fix this . Thank you .

I've seen alot of this "what's going to happen on the 20th when it goes live." I'm wondering if it's really going to be that much worse. I have to assume that a large bulk of the initial customer base will have been admitted into early access by then. I'm assuming (but could be wrong) that we're not going to see a huge spike on December 20, but rather a trickle of people who see the game on the shelves and impulse buy. Can anyone with more experience weigh in?

I would be inclined to say that most players will not pre-order but it will be an opinion, rather than something I can back up. I do fear for what is going to happen on the 20th though.

Queueing for hours for a game that is on limited access atm is beyond a joke. People will not wait that long, especially those of us with jobs and lives. Those people will just log back into WoW rather than wait. Sad fact and one that Bioware need to address.

This is the ultimate proof their "staggered" launch is ultimately a failure. We already get 45+ minute queues on servers where our guilds were assigned to. How bad will it be on supposed "real" launch day (20)?

Admit it, your cute little "staggered launch" achieved nothing but to make customers angry.

And before the "zomg u r jealous" trolls, I'm in game now. I experience this first hand. This TOTALLY failed.

Aye, I don't understand why anyone thought a staggered launch was going to result in no queues.

Yes it wouldn't on the first day when they had >10% of the pre-orders in, but by the time they have all the pre-order on..... never mind the non-pre-order buyers on the 20th, it was inevitable.

I suppose the good thing about this waiting time is that loads of people will cancel their pre-order and then there will be less people queuing and hopefully they will moan about it so much the peeps that are going to buy the game on release will think CBA, Bioware will open the servers up and we will be lag free and insta log in.

Either that or everyone gonna sack it and the game fails......

Yes, queues are to be expected at the launch of a new MMO, but Bioware did kinda drop the ball today - after having managed really well during both beta and the past 2 days of EGA from a connection point of view.

Try having a look at the server list and see if you can spot a difference between EU and NA servers:

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

When most of the EU servers are full and have queues of upwards of 2 hours plus connection time outs for those in the queue preventing them from joining, that really isn't too good.

I haven't had any time out problems at all during my time in beta and there were much longer queues there.

Also, the EGA was in part to prevent server over-population and to let people in slowly, but that of course doesn't help much if no additional servers are brought online.

They should know how many preorders they have in the EU and roughly how many servers are needed to accommodate them.

When 90% of the servers then have queues and some of them upwards of 2 hours, servers are crashing and the rest are under heavy load, I can't help but feel they didn't manage the EGA that well today.

No one likes ques of course, but there is one thing I dislike more: bugs that require client restart and dump me in a que!

My server is currently full with over an hour que, that's bad enough, but not long ago I was happily playing then black screen. No UI or mouse control. I wish the server gave us time to restart a client before dumping us on the end of a que again.

2. I play on Kaas City, and I had no problems logging in and out multiple times last night as I leveled to 10 in a starting zone that was populated - but not slammed busy. Additionally, there were only two servers at Full and one at Heavy in the whole list. Everything else was at Standard. The EGA is working perfectly, compared to other launches I have been through that offered headstarts.

Well that was yesterday, now as good as all EU servers are full with 1+ hour ques. And there are still more people who are waiting on invites. I saw the US had like 30 servers on standard now and none on full. While al EU servers were packed with long ques.

I would be inclined to say that most players will not pre-order but it will be an opinion, rather than something I can back up. I do fear for what is going to happen on the 20th though.

Queueing for hours for a game that is on limited access atm is beyond a joke. People will not wait that long, especially those of us with jobs and lives. Those people will just log back into WoW rather than wait. Sad fact and one that Bioware need to address.

Yeah, I don't have anything to back up my assumption. We'll have a little friendly wager then for 5 internets to see who's assumption holds up. I'm guessing the queues won't rise more than 10 minutes on launch day when compared to queue times for previous nights.

I really hope that EA/BW will increase the servers capacity or add a hell lot more, coz there are only Full/Very Heavy/Heavy EU servers to choose from.

Sure some only got 30mins que which I don't see as a big problem, but there are a whole bunch which have an estimated wait time on 1h - 2h.

And THAT is a problem if they don't fix that until launch day!

peace out!

Yeah, I don't have anything to back up my assumption. We'll have a little friendly wager then for 5 internets to see who's assumption holds up. I'm guessing the queues won't rise more than 10 minutes on launch day when compared to queue times for previous nights.

Don't think there will be a huge burst on the 20th. But 24th and 25th after the X-mas presents are unpacked there will probably be a big burst of new players. But ques are already very bad on EU servers.

What they need to do is put a reverse staggered access into plan.

Let people who pre-ordered last in first (to create new characters and get them spread across servers).

Whilst stopping people from Day 1 and Day 2 logging on to reduce queues.

A perfect plan! :D

I'm seriously hoping that the 45 Minute queue to get on my server is a pre-launch issue only, What happens on the 20th when the general public join SW:TOE?; 2 day waiting list?

:mad:

Do you really think there is going to be a HUGE influx of players on the 20th?

Those that really want to play are already here, they pre-ordered for a reason. Fromt he 20th on when people do buy the game it will be a slow trickle of new players.

Have you ever participated in an MMO launch before? How do more people not know these things?