45 Minute Queue - Really!?

amerrigan

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For people with kids and other responsibilities waiting times make the game unplayable. Anyone who likes queues should so join one somewhere else instead of whining at those who think queues are unacceptable.

I have limited playtime so when I want to play I either have access or I can't play simples. It will be up to Bioware to decide if they want to keep servers at maximum and have delays and lose customers or try for as many customers as possible. I hope they go for the latter. When I joined the queue (for the server Bioware chose for my guild) it said there was 1h 30m wait, now after an hour there is 1h 35m wait. Keep this up and you must lose customers as this is early access so its only going to get worse.

There's already a thread on queuing here please stop filling the forums with these threads because you're pissed. All that's going to happen is the forums will be full of spam and the thread will likely be deleted taking up the mods times here rather than fixing the queuing problem.

There's already a thread on queuing here please stop filling the forums with these threads because you're pissed. All that's going to happen is the forums will be full of spam and the thread will likely be deleted taking up the mods times here rather than fixing the queuing problem.

Yeah the mods are heavily in evidence in this thread...as are the devs....its an important issue that needs addressing - hence the 80+ pages so far.

Edited by Xarkaltos

You trying to redirect a 81 page thread to one still on the first page?

ROFL.... like moderators from forum are server admins....

When launch comes they should lock down the pre-launch servers and only allow new players to play on newly opened servers.

Or at a minimum HIGHLY recommend that they roll on new servers.

I'm okay with 30-60 min queues as I have stuff to do when I get home, but if it starts creeping up to 3 hours, well...that's ridonkulous.

The post by Allison from the dev team is, frankly insulting, if i have a long queue i should pick another server? ive never done this before, or felt the need to but, /facepalm. I have 260 guild mates on my server, "choosing another server" isn't really an option. Infact most posts by Allison are normally less than helpful, no offence.

Why even add those words when it is quite clear you meant the exact opposite?

When launch comes they should lock down the pre-launch servers and only allow new players to play on newly opened servers.

Or at a minimum HIGHLY recommend that they roll on new servers.

I'm okay with 30-60 min queues as I have stuff to do when I get home, but if it starts creeping up to 3 hours, well...that's ridonkulous.

that sounds well and good, but what about guildmates who didn't pre-order ... that's the only issue w/ a lockdown.

I actually have a life outside of this game and only had 4 hours I could play today. It's now down to three and I'm still in queue. This will only get worse as each day passes since this isn't even the full load of pre-orders. They have the sales numbers from the pre-orders, so they know what kind of a strain it's going to be on the servers. I spent many hours getting my character to the current level, I don't want to repeat it all over because now I find the server is overloaded. At least let me move right now for free to another server, otherwise Bioware and Lucas are ******** on me and wasting my time. I don't pay to wait in 2 hour + queues.

I honestly dont mind q'ing to play when the game is this huge and the early access is into play and we arnt even at full retail yet BUT i think that they have radically under estimated the numbers that Europe would generate for them.

I wouldnt be shocked if the could add 3 french and german servers of each type and then 10 english pve servers 5 english pvp servers and 3 rp english servers and that would stable out just what we have now for numbers.

Could probably double and a bit what we have now plus what i said for full retail.

As for the pick another server statement, what server exactly. my guild not pre guild set up on the light server which is now full with a 1hr q, i doubt us moving server to another full server will do much.

Edited by Shingara

Shait.. I've moved 13 spots forward in the queue in 15 minutes.. Spots to go: 342.

I really hope they will address these issues, and add a LOT more servers.. Especially considering that this is only early access, imagine launch @ 20.12.

Guess I'll start my alt sooner than I expected :-P

400 in queue on paragon mining facility server..

Jesus effin christ..

You know how many people bought the preorder...

You know the server limitations...

Since you know programming i assume you are also familiar with making statistics and charts.

We need more servers and we need them fast :)

*sigh*

First it's LET EVERYONE IN! WE WANNA PLAY!

Now it's ... ugh you let everyone in, now there are too many people on my server

Make up your minds people. :D

There are ALWAYS queues on launch day of a game. This game is a HUGE LAUNCH, in comparison to most other games. Expect queues for the first few weeks at least. They have been adding more servers and they should add more, but they don't want to add 100 servers they don't need then have to merge after the first month. Be patient. :p