45 Minute Queue - Really!?

amerrigan

Looking at the server status now - just about every US server is Very Heavy or Full. There are maybe 6 or 7 "Heavy" servers.

I'm on mumble right now with a guy who's position 318 sitting in line.

My other friend already re-rolled his lvl 24 and went on a different server than the rest of the clan, and I will probably be joining him there tomorrow - it was standard when he joined, now it's Heavy... hopefully it doesn't go full. F queues.

It seems their staggered access to ensure populated servers worked a little TOO well....

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There needs to be a balance between too many servers and too few servers. The fact is, the game hasn't even launched yet, and there are HUGE waits to get into servers. Whats going to happen next week when the game launches?

And the argument that 75% of the people won't be here come Feb is a false argument. HOWEVER if the server queues remain this large, it will piss people off and they won't renew.

if 75% of people quit they can still merge low pop servers, there is not excuse to release more servers, its too late though because most people have leveled chars on high servers and wont want to xfer

Ha..

Did anyone else find Reid's comment ironic?

"we were expecting queues"

What?

Why?

oh.. wait..

because you didn't get enough servers...this what day 3 of EGA? and not everyone is in yet?

Gosh the 20th is going to be a nightmare..

oh and don't log in during peek hours? What if you have too because you work?

lame.

imma find a way to bribe my cat to keep moving my toon while im at work.....

also....people need to get off my space slug server, i know its the awesomenesst server ever, but go away, i was here first...get off my lawn....shoo.... :p

Edited by Elfender

So much for a smooth launch... 5 days till release and we have long queues on US servers. If this keeps up I am surely out after the 30 days.

this.

people will quit because of this and people will say, "told you people would quit, thats why we didn't need more servers"

complaining on the swtor forum isn't going to get you anywhere since they can control what stays posted and what gets deleted. They already have your money and have made their profit from the game off sales. If you want to effect change, get enough people to complain on other forums, on Amazon.com feedback, gamestop feedback, etc. That will inact change. Me, Im just going to sit in queue and wait.

imma find a way to bribe my cat to keep moving my toon while im at work.....

Nickels, stack them, tape them together, put on "W" key. Problem solved. You can also use more Nickels to get the circle effect. I don't know why I'm capitalizing Nickles, so don't ask.

Edited by Shuk

complaining on the swtor forum isn't going to get you anywhere since they can control what stays posted and what gets deleted. They already have your money and have made their profit from the game off sales. If you want to effect change, get enough people to complain on other forums, on Amazon.com feedback, gamestop feedback, etc. That will inact change. Me, Im just going to sit in queue and wait.

uh.. no.

I can still refund all of my money of the pre-order until the 20th.

This is like the stress test weekend all over...

I got kicked out of the game for the 6th time now and every time I check servers are getting more crowded.

When I started it was a standard server load..now in west coast 15 of the 21 server have more then 15 min wait time...

really curious what will happen after 20th when everyone wants to play...

I am paying 60 bucks to enjoy my self not to wait in a que and play other games in the background... :((

really pissed...demands to see more servers.

absolutely not. Bioware would be the first company to tell everyone to voice their opinion.

people will quit because of this and people will say, "told you people would quit, thats why we didn't need more servers"

lol really? what kind of business mentality is that? So you start with 2.5mill players and loose 700k to 1 mill after the 30 days. Instead of gaining more players you loose players as soon as you loose players you will keep loosing players until the game becomes another failure. I highly doubt Bioware are this suicidal with SWTOR.

absolutely not. Bioware would be the first company to tell everyone to voice their opinion.

if they wan't you to voice your opinion it is only to create a feel of comfort from the company, most things a corporation does are purely for marketing and to make more profit.

I am on the server the Fatman and was placed there because thats the server my guild is on. There is a 45 minute wait just to get on. It is complete BS. I say that people who are not in guilds on overcrowded servers should be forced to move to a different one. Edited by Spartacusss

Yea, the server loads have changed quite a bit since yesterday or this morning it seems. Sitting at a number 434 with a 30Min expected wait atm...

And ALL the West Coast Servers are either Heavy, Very Heavy or Full...so I either start over and roll a new toon on a Heavy server or wait it out on my "Full" server (Dark Reaper).

But, this is typical of a newly released "popular" MMO, reminds me of the WoW days heh ;)

Good luck2All

lol really? what kind of business mentality is that? So you start with 2.5mill players and loose 700k to 1 mill after the 30 days. Instead of gaining more players you loose players as soon as you loose players you will keep loosing players until the game becomes another failure. I highly doubt Bioware are this suicidal with SWTOR.

im saying other players will say this, bioware is really not giving any information besides, "lol we knew this would happen, make a new character lol sucks for you" which isn't helping much

Bioware isnt in control of the game. Sorry.

Shareholders are:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/electronic-arts-bets-empire-on-star-wars-2011-12-13

By the way, I believe in corporations and have no problem with profits, I like profits.

Edited by DSMADDOX