So this new UI is terrible

DaniWes

So this new UI is terrible. I really can't tell whether lacerate, or other abilities that have a certain condition, are on cooldown or actually usable.

Please revert the UI back to the previous patch cause it was much easier to see.

So this new UI is terrible. I really can't tell whether lacerate, or other abilities that have a certain condition, are on cooldown or actually usable.

Please revert the UI back to the previous patch cause it was much easier to see.

Does it even matter? Abilitities dont fire anyway or 2 seconds delayed... lol

Better have no UI at all, that way it wouldnt clutter our view at the stunning, 2012 SWTOR graphics.

I hate to be that guy, but they flat out need a new UI designer.

I'm not talking about flexibility. I'm talking about the neon blue, the ancient techy style, typography, and general usability. The aesthetics are terrible, but the functionality is 10 times worse. The way menus open and close, switch sides, the instant-tooltips (which is hell on some occasions) the market, etc are just a catastrophe. Cooldowns were never extremely easy to indicate in the first place, you aren't even told what skills you trained in the chatbox, etc. I could go on.

It seems like they put millions of dollars into the writing, voice acting, engine, skills, balance, pvp, flashpoints, etc, then hired someone's nephew as an intern to design the UI.

Bleh.

Edited by TheFluke

I have an Operative too buddy. And the only reason I am not ripping my hair out is because I have been leveling it the past few weeks and I have muscle memory on my rotation. I can't see if they are usuable mind you so I lose DPS or valuable heal time pressing a mouse click or key on my binds before realizing I can't even use the skill lol.

I haven't even tried my merc yet but not looking forward to HM EV tonight.

the previous one was even worse.

kudos to the devs for making things at least slightly better. I still don't understand what's wrong with the way pretty much every other mmo in existence handles cd's though..........

The problem is not cooldowns itself, but the fact the cooldown notifier is a bright white screen that slowly goes up like a rolling curtain. And that totally blocks my ability to see whether or not I can use certain conditional abilities like the before mentioned lacerate and stim boost. Edited by DaniWes

ridiculous. Flat out ridiculous. When I cannot see which abilities are on CD while the gcd is going how am I supposed to setup ability queues or know ahead of time which abilities I need to prioritize? Not sure who decided this change was a good idea but you went and took abilities queues and threw them right out of the window. Either change it back to the way it was or hurry up and get us our customizable UI. At least open the game up to addons or something.