Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, Please Allow Cross Faction Items/Money Transfers

metaIsaber

So I had 2 lvl 50 Imps and decided to roll a Reb character on the same server. I never thought I'd experience a horrible galactic market climate. On the imperial side, I can go to the GTN and buy anything I want from Crafting materials to equipment with no problems. I hit lvl 12 over the past weekend for my reb char and found that there was 1.) No Armor, 2.) No Weapons, 3.) No Modifications, 4.) No Crafting Materials. Literally nothing.

I figured no big deal, I'll have my Imp toons craft my saber crystals, buy mods and craft equipment. I then realized that I was unable to send anything to the opposing faction. I can understand the "reality" of that, but from a game standpoint, it's pretty dumb.

I figured, ok, I'll just go ahead and keep leveling and will eventually get some upgrades. When I reached lvl 23 yesterday. I still had my pre-order crystals in my weapons. My armor was lvl 17. I wasn't able to make enough money to get my crafting up in order to make my own crystals. And yes, still nothing to buy on the GTN.

I'm guessing it's a problem of all the rebs hit lvl 50 and said, the heck with crafting for the "noobs" since I got my Champ/Battlemaster gear. Please Bioware, this is putting characters on pvp servers at a severe disadvantage. Having to resort to using the preorder crystal to my 20s is pathetic. Allow cross faction item/money transfers now!!!

Nar Shadda has Hutt Trading which is separate from faction GTN and available to both factions. You can put your stuff up and buy it on your alt. Set some silly high price if you are afraid of some one ninjaing your items (Unlikely since no one uses HTN). You can do the reverse and give money to your alt by selling junk for high price from alt to main.

This is a work around. You should be able to transfer stuff to your alts.

Edited by GenericallyNamed

yeah it would be nice to get stuff from my reb characters. My toon had a nice set of armor, a crafted dc-15 with 35s and mods on it. and a ton of cash, like 150 mil....

Wait....wrong game.

its "REPUBLIC" not "REBELS"

It'd be nice but then again, you are at war with them (not yet) so you are basically boycotting the republic and blocking trade between the two...

so there ya have it, blame the soon to be war.

I've got my fingers crossed on something to facilitate this being a legacy addition, maybe a legacy bank or something where I can put items and credits and use them as I wish cross faction.

It can all be done right now via the cross faction GTN, it's just really annoying.

What server are you on? I play Republic on Dreshdae Cantina and I don't have big problems finding things on GTN, especially armor. Crafting mats and missions are harder to find at a price point I consider reasonable.

Nar Shadda has Hutt Trading which is separate from faction GTN and available to both factions. You can put your stuff up and buy it on your alt. Set some silly high price if you are afraid of some one ninjaing your items (Unlikely since no one uses HTN). You can do the reverse and give money to your alt by selling junk for high price from alt to main.

This is a work around. You should be able to transfer stuff to your alts.

Be advised though that the great looking Empire gear you put up will flip to a crappy looking Republic skinned version cause BW decided Republic can't have nice things:mad:

What server are you on? I play Republic on Dreshdae Cantina and I don't have big problems finding things on GTN, especially armor. Crafting mats and missions are harder to find at a price point I consider reasonable.

Saber of Exar Khun. Just to give you an example. I logged into Narshada this morning and I was the only player on there. :confused: Other times, I've logged into the Republic fleet and there was 11-20 players on. On the Imp side it's around 80 to well over 100. The Republic vs Imperial ration is pretty bad.

Saber of Exar Khun. Just to give you an example. I logged into Narshada this morning and I was the only player on there. :confused: Other times, I've logged into the Republic fleet and there was 11-20 players on. On the Imp side it's around 80 to well over 100. The Republic vs Imperial ration is pretty bad.

Wow. Your imp numbers are about where the Rep numbers stay on my server. I hope they do something soon for servers that have a severe imbalance like that.

Edited by Knewt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.