[Video] New Ability cooldown effects

Libertine

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't the ones that flashed the ones that are available. It seems that way from the video.

But during the GCD you cannot tell if its available or not, so the whole intent of intially changing the UI was undone and replaced with this hideous monstrosity. Do you have enough resources? Do you have the right conditions to use the ability (stun/slow)? Too bad, cause this UI wont tell you until well after the GCD is off.

Go play a Sentinel then get back to us. Its now even more of a chore.

I think it's ok, a step in the right direction anyway. I played this morning for a little bit it's not as annoying to me as some here say. I didn't have a problem with the old style either.

The available abilities shouldn't grey out during the global cool down. That needs to be fixed. So that we can plan our next move.

I think macro's would help a lot. I know it's a different issue, but I want to stack up to three abilities on one button so I can actual play the game and not have to constantly stare at my bars. I wouldn't even notice the "flash" if I wasn't forced to watch my abilities so much. This is the biggest flaw in this type of combat system. You don't get to watch the action enough. Half your time is looking at little icons.

Edited by mSum

As a jedi guardian I can't now tell which abilities are available with the amount of <rage> I've built up - it's a guess for me now - this change has made everything a milllion times more difficult now.

ok, not everything, but cast rotations certainly.

I feel ya bro. Focus/Rage classes got royally ****ed here.

But during the GCD you cannot tell if its available or not, so the whole intent of intially changing the UI was undone and replaced with this hideous monstrosity. Do you have enough resources? Do you have the right conditions to use the ability (stun/slow)? Too bad, cause this UI wont tell you until well after the GCD is off.

Go play a Sentinel then get back to us. Its now even more of a chore.

I've already stated my solution to that. Just make those abilities have a red fade on top of them. I personally don't see how this is any worse than the previous versions. As you could not do that either in either of them.

The new GCD is crap. Fixing it by breaking it visually is not a good solution.

Can't tell what is recharging and what is not. Plus everything recharges when i click stealth yet everything should still be available, no?

No need to get fancy with it BW, just black out unusable ones, no need for a recharge line running thru each icon. Just make it work, and visually readable.

I've already stated my solution to that. Just make those abilities have a red fade on top of them. I personally don't see how this is any worse than the previous versions. As you could not do that either in either of them.

look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVvUFBCBlw

in the old version the ability was NOT greyed out during GCD.

In the new version it IS greyed out during GCD.

thats the core of the problem for me.

Yes you could. The abilities were either gray or lit up during the GCD. If lit up it meant you met all conditions to use them, if not they were unusable.

This is not the case anymore.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVvUFBCBlw

Edited by GrimMage

Looks fine to me. People just wanna ***** and complain about everything. If you think its that bright, its your issue. Turn down the brightness on your monitor. Or wear shades.

... And no. Its not about complaining, its about fixing crap to work and not breaking it in a new way when you fix it.

Do you people even TEST these things before you change them? This is infuriating BW, Put it back how it was asap, this hurts my eyes and it makes my warrior completely ineffective.

How can you not simply add a toggle for this so that people can pick for themselfs?

GET RID OF IT.

Why would you do such a dumb change on RAID RESET tonight, jesus BW sort your life out.

Edited by iTempest

It's fine. I just needs to not grey out abilities that will be available after the GCD is done. So we can plan our next move.

well,the fix might be small(indeed not greying out abilities during GCD would sort out my biggest problem with it) but i dont think we will see a fix before next week.

Do you people even TEST these things before you change them? This is infuriating BW, Put it back how it was asap, this hurts my eyes and it makes my warrior completely ineffective.

How can you not simply add a toggle for this so that people can pick for themselfs?

GET RID OF IT.

Why would you do such a dumb change on RAID RESET tonight, jesus BW sort your life out.

Oh no!.. My eyes hurt. QQ cuz I can't turn my

Monitor brightness down

The first version on release was still the best. It was simply a GREY EFFECT which was easy to read. Whoever is in charge of designing this UI should be fired.

I'm so serious on that. Normally I don't wish people bad like that but they have no clue.

SWTOR will be free to play if all this keeps up. pretty sad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.