Every patch that doesn't have a LFG tool is costing you players

Sir-Phobos

I bet this guy likes the easy button commercials.

Besides, BW already said that cross-server LFD tool is out of the question. Rockjaw is a one tough no BS dude, if he says no, it means no.

I did, how could you tell. You are my hero, dude!!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is pure dribble.

Post source of the red comments please!

Well, they said LFG tool is for more seasoned games, which SWTOR is not yet.

In a roundabout way, it is a confirmation that LFG tool is comming.

Edited by Telendria

LOL you seriously are in the wrong game. If you want WoW so much, go play it!

me and about a million other people are quickly coming to realize that. though i've done my time in wow, i'm actually probably just done with all mmo's. none of them are doing it right anymore.

Now imagine you add an elevator to the top and allow the team to ride it instead.

That's what the LFG tool does to a game.

You appear to be playing the wrong game, it seems you were looking for a Massively Multiplayer Online Real-time People Gathering sim. I can deduce this by your delusion that the game is about trying to get people to join your party, instead of being about trying to fight through dungeon challenges and work together to clear content. I suggest you try Facebook instead, it appears to be the type of game you're looking for.

Keep pushing that crusade son.

i'll pay 15 bucks for the elevator ride. gaming for me is something i want to casually enjoy. if i want to go through some archaic exercise like you just described, i'll save that for when someone is paying me.

Hey, you showed in one post both what is wrong with MMOs and why Americans are so obese in one fell swoop!

Judging by your avatar and sig, you play Empire, so I don't think you are qualified to discuss the difficulty for Republic players to form groups.

My wife and I both play Republic. If a WoW-style LFD tool is implemented we will seriously consider canceling. That tool, and the community it fosters, is one of the reasons we left WoW.

It'll get added eventually because it helps a ton and hurts absolutely nothing.

Wrong, it destroys content.

When one can stand in fleet and sit in queue all day, that leaves 90% of the games content unused.

When BW spent all that money on the voice acting, you would think that they would make sure that we were out experiencing it and not sitting in ORG waiting for the next queue to pop.

me and about a million other people are quickly coming to realize that. though i've done my time in wow, i'm actually probably just done with all mmo's. none of them are doing it right anymore.

Whats that, pick up and play with instant gratification buttons everywhere. I think your choice of game genres are wrong. Not the genre!

Consoles that way ----->

I also disagree, LFG kills Communities and makes people mindless jerks.

At least with having to form a pug you have to live up to a bit of e-rep.

The only reputation you get right now on my server as the person trying to form a PUG is that you are the guy who is spamming general chat on the fleet for two hours.

You appear to be playing the wrong game, it seems you were looking for a Massively Multiplayer Online Real-time People Gathering sim. I can deduce this by your delusion that the game is about trying to get people to join your party, instead of being about trying to fight through dungeon challenges and work together to clear content. I suggest you try Facebook instead, it appears to be the type of game you're looking for.

/facepalm

The irony of your statement when compared to his post.. he is asking for a challenge, where as you are asking for farmville.

I'm at a loss...

When one can stand in fleet and sit in queue all day, that leaves 90% of the games content unused.

When BW spent all that money on the voice acting, you would think that they would make sure that we were out experiencing it and not sitting in ORG waiting for the next queue to pop.

That is what people do already. Sit in fleet and spam for groups. They can't even leave fleet if they hope to see any content. With a LFD they could quest and do other things while waiting.

Would you like me to destroy any of your other points?

what content? there is nothing to do post 50 but run fp's and ops.

I really don't get this *extremes*.

One side it's what we currently don't have (a global LFG channel, a good LFG tool).

On the other side there is the cross realm LFD tool.

Couldn't we met somewhere in the middle?

A global server LFG channel would be such a simple way of doing it.

Some friends that I play with in SWTOR were met years ago in other MMOs in LFG global channels. I really don't understand how they didn't gave us global channels yet.

This post is pure dribble.

Post source of the red comments please!

Here is the video bioware saying you can change your advance class

"because some players will make a mistake and we will let you correct your mistake" -biowares words, not mine.

Edited by samht

I will only support a LFD is it's per server only, not cross server. Yes, this means longer queue times.

Cross server tools are what provide the anonymity that leads to community decay.

Community decay is inevitable, LFD tool or not.

Welcome to life. One big match of gathering people for activities. I have to hire more people at work. I have to convince more people to join the Fire Hall, more people to go to church, more people to play on the flag football team.

Interacting with humans in such a way is how our voluntary society came about. Most people wouldn't like it if some matchmaker randomly assigned them teammates (whether that be in marriage, at a job, or wherever) so why that has to be the norm on an MMORPG confuses me.

I also disagree, LFG kills Communities and makes people mindless jerks.

At least with having to form a pug you have to live up to a bit of e-rep.

People are mostly mindless jerks already, moreso among the current gen of MMO players.

That is what people do already. Sit in fleet and spam for groups. They can't even leave fleet if they hope to see any content. With a LFD they could quest and do other things while waiting.

Would you like me to destroy any of your other points?

Wrong, flashpoint couriers are on each planet. Finding a group for a flashponit levels 1-48 would be much easier to do from the planet in which you first get the quest for the FP and not in fleet. Why? Because that is where you will find other players that are your level who may be looking for those FP's.

At level 50, FP and Ops can be searched for in one of a couple places, Fleet or Ilum. At level 50, finding a HM FP and ops is easy to do in both places. People are constantly trying to do dailies.

Destroyed my arguments? Hardly. Now you just look like a noob who hasn't played the game at all.

Edited by XOrionX

Here is the video bioware saying you can change your advance class

"because some players will make a mistake and we will let you correct your mistake" -biowares words, not mine.

Currently, in the beta..lol Which got removed! Done!

Now for the video of them saying a cross server LFG system is on its way. Waiting!!!!