New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

Yes, seeing skills reset or otherwise available due to procs IS the only reason I need to look at my UI, but its kinda a big class breaking reason. I don't even need to see skills that can't be used, but I respect that some people like to be clickers and it should not be hyperdrive science to make a UI that lets them have that too.

It's true. In some regards we are just working with what we have. I respect that people have to click, but if they only realized what a difference having the mouse free makes >.>

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't just in response to you. But I do play a Marauder and a Guardian. As mains. I just enjoy the Guardian more. I am saying you should have a fairly solid idea of what is going on so that the only reason you do reference the bar, is for procs. You don't need to be sitting there staring back at a bar with a number indicator on it every second for 10 seconds when you could count to 10 in your head. If you use an ability or something happens that you know will proc an ability off CD, refer to the bar. Some procs show as character buffs. Memorize the icon that corresponds to that buff and glance at your buffbar, rather than the hotbar. I'm just saying, don't stare at it and button mash.

Procs are randomish. Some more random than others. You don't KNOW something will proc, so yes, the former UI still was 10000x better. You can peform alright with this UI, but you can perform a lot better with the previous one. I'm not sure why you're advocating doing worse?

Edited by Wazooty

This isn't just in response to you. But I do play a Marauder and a Guardian. As mains. I just enjoy the Guardian more. I am saying you should have a fairly solid idea of what is going on so that the only reason you do reference the bar, is for procs. You don't need to be sitting there staring back at a bar with a number indicator on it every second for 10 seconds when you could count to 10 in your head. If you use an ability or something happens that you know will proc an ability off CD, refer to the bar. Some procs show as character buffs. Memorize the icon that corresponds to that buff and glance at your buffbar, rather than the hotbar. I'm just saying, don't stare at it and button mash.

Who's saying we are staring at it, we are just glancing down to see what is on and off cooldown. This doesn't have to be mental chess. There was no reason to MAKE us have to track cooldowns for multiple abilities. We can't see it clearly when it's up, and that's a problem. There's nothing else to it. These self-righteous "you should be able to deal with it" posts are irrelevant. Just because it's possible to play through it doesn't make it a good change.

Edited by Sammojo

C'mon guys CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE SUCKS!

I know you were working on the tech behind the combat ability cooldowns BUT WHY CHANGE THE ANIMATIONS?

They are WAAAAAAY TOO BRIGHT! They are confusing and distracting.

I love this game but you are making the relationship fall apart! YOU ARE LIKE A HIGH MAINTENANCE GIRLFRIEND!

Don't you test this **** before you release it in a patch?

Sorry, but frankly I am pissed as if you couldn't tell.

And yes THIS IS constructive criticism.

The old fading blue cooldown colors WITHOUT the white bar and the dark shadow were JUST FINE!

Please revert this 'fix', combat, which WAS the high point of this game, now sucks.

Epic patch fail.

I think a lot of players who don't understand the problem are simply being narrow sighted. On my sorc this doesn't bother me in the least bit because I rarely look at my bars anyway, but on my jugg I constantly need to have an eye on them (note this doesn't mean I stare at my bars, simply that I'm aware of what is happening on them by using my peripheral vision) Right now my jugg is just short of unplayable. If we had something like power auras in wow then it wouldn't be so bad, but we don't, so we need the bars to accurately reflect when abilities are available.

Throwing my 2 cents in about how absolutely abysmal this new cooldown system is.

Last patch had the issue where it was slightly difficult to see when abilities were off CD vs. nearly off CD.

The new patch makes it absolutely impossible at a glance to see the CD of ANYTHING during the GCD after using an ability and nearly impossible to use procs/reactives.

Give us options, or stop changing it so goddamned drastically every other patch.

If you're affected by continuously flashing lights... why are you playing a video game about Star Wars?

:confused:

Becuase on the outside of the box does not have a disclaimer about flashy lights may cause epileptic seizure . At least the Japenese get it right on their game boxes. But more to the point is why is bunch of indistinguishable flashy nonsense have to even be implemented in the way that it is now.

Retaliation. You obviously don't use it.

stop responding to him. he's either a troll or an idiot.

edit: better yet, use the forum ignore function for him like I did and you won't need to worry about mistaking his posts for something worth reading

Edited by iceperson

If you're affected by continuously flashing lights... why are you playing a video game about Star Wars?

:confused:

I am not epileptic. I don't recall being affected by flashing lights, as a rule or on any specific instance. It's true that I don't like very bright lights, but that's never been a problem in any situation. I have not had a problem in this game before, or any other game that I recall.

That said: this new UI effect hurts my eyes. I can't explain it to you any better, all I can do is describe how it feels to me: it's painful, annoying, distracting, intrusive, and I find it gives me a whole lot less information that I need to play than the previous UI state did.

Who's saying we are staring at it, we are just glancing down to see what is on and off cooldown. This doesn't have to be mental chess. There was no reason to MAKE us have to track cooldowns for multiple abilities. We can't see it clearly when it's up, and that's a problem. There's nothing else to it. These self-righteous "you should be able to deal with it" posts are irrelevant. Just because it's possible to play through it doesn't make it a good change.

Riposte as of late.

FlyText indicates Deflect or Parry. Use Riposte. Remember it can't be used for 6 seconds. That was difficult.

This is my first real issue with this game, and it's a biggie. I will continue to post in this thread until we get a response.

I know we've had millions of pointless QQ, I'm gonna quit threads. And I'm not saying that I am. But if this change is causing people physical harm it needs to be addressed. Or people will be forced to move on.

Logging onto a game to have a seizure does not keep subs.

Still no acknowledgement from the devs. God bless BW.

I knew that a game by EA would have horrible customer service, but horrible dev interaction is also a huge problem. Its been hours since the change and no response has been made. I literally cant play right now because it makes me dizzy and I'm not an epileptic.

I don't really have anything to add to what people have said.

I can't play the game due to nausea, headaches and eyestrain now. Unless it changes i won't be able to play it. I'm not paying for something i can't play.

Really its that simple (and that prospect doesn't make me happy) :(

I think a lot of players who don't understand the problem are simply being narrow sighted. On my sorc this doesn't bother me in the least bit because I rarely look at my bars anyway, but on my jugg I constantly need to have an eye on them (note this doesn't mean I stare at my bars, simply that I'm aware of what is happening on them by using my peripheral vision) Right now my jugg is just short of unplayable. If we had something like power auras in wow then it wouldn't be so bad, but we don't, so we need the bars to accurately reflect when abilities are available.

I'm not saying you're not having a problem but that I do think that it's not necessarily across the board with everyone.

I read a lot of this thread before going to play my Jugg and was expecting the worst. Yep at first it was bright and felt strange but I didn't notice a huge difference in terms of not being able to play it. After giving it a good hour of play plus one flashpoint tanking I found that I was having to actually look at my bar way less as this change seemed to make the reactions from occur from my periphial vision. I'm actually enjoying playing more now then I did yesterday as I'm spending less time looking or glancing at my bar to manage it. Muscle memory is working great. Maybe it has to do with how my bar is set up.

If anything I think that BW should offer options because after playing with this change I personally wouldn't want to go back to how it was before.

Remove this stupid new Cooldown **** bioware, its throwing me off my game in pvp and it just makes it even harder to see what is done etc.

How hard is it to just make abilities that are on a cooldown grey and those that arent to be lit up. Stop with the effing horrible flash effects and so on.

Revert back to the old UI in a hotfix please. preferred before tomorrow afternoon.

I'm not saying you're not having a problem but that I do think that it's not necessarily across the board with everyone.

I read a lot of this thread before going to play my Jugg and was expecting the worst. Yep at first it was bright and felt strange but I didn't notice a huge difference in terms of not being able to play it. After giving it a good hour of play plus one flashpoint tanking I found that I was having to actually look at my bar way less as this change seemed to make the reactions from occur from my periphial vision. I'm actually enjoying playing more now then I did yesterday as I'm spending less time looking or glancing at my bar to manage it. Muscle memory is working great. Maybe it has to do with how my bar is set up.

If anything I think that BW should offer options because after playing with this change I personally wouldn't want to go back to how it was before.

I feel the same way, minus it being bright at first. The flash isn't overbearing. It's nothing like when a Sage shield is broken on you and flashes. It's a minute flash, at most. And it even caters to not having to look at the hotbar directly.

And I do agree we need UI customization. All of us have various reasons. It's on it's way I am sure.

Edited by SiLiZ

i frapsed myself killing strong mob

if gcd is running stockstrike look the same if i:

in mele and have zero ammo

out of mele-range

turn back to mob

in mele-range and have ammo

Gooooodddd channge werrry gooooddd, so niiice ui improvement

Edited by navarh