Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Stuck at 42/43

Darkwords

I am a strictly solo/sometimes buddy or a very occasional heroic kinda gal until I hit 50 and was looking forward to raids with my guild. I have a 42 sith sorc/sage and a 43 jedi counselor that are basically at a standstill on Voss due to no doable/solo quests for them.

I don't like the space missions as i find controling the ship annoying and shy away from flashpoints/heroics because I hate waiting around and trying to get a decent pug. I really enjoy the solo play and have went back and finished all the other planet bonus quests i can do for my level. When I got stuck on my sith at 42 I thought I did something wrong and made the jedi. Here I am again, stuck with no quests that I can do solo and live. They are all red, red, red!!!

I really had no problem with the rest of the leveling process, finding many quests to keep me leveling before i ventured on to that next frontier. If I cannot solo past 42-43 doing regular quests, I will be deleting my account and begin the disappointing venture back into Wow again. I don't see guilds offering help to level because the newness has not worn off for people. I would like at least 1 toon at 50. My toons are 43. 42, 24, 22, 17.

Anyway...just my rant about not enough leveling-type quests at th higher levels. Disappointed.

Hmmmm, I don't know what to say, I didn't find that problem at all. Maybe try using a different companion? Including making sure their gear is up to date? The alternate is to *shudder* grind killable mobs, like we used to back in the old days of MMO's! :) Edited by MrSpoony

You need tiptop gear at this point. Is it all blue and not more than 2-3 levels below your level? If not get to work on it. Keep at least one companion with good gear as well.

If you do have good gear, than maybe you need to do something else to get some XP on the side. I was lvl 46 when I got to Voss, 42 seems pretty low.

Yea if you skip a fair amount of side quests and stick mainly to your planet/story quests and throw in side quests here and there, you will eventually hit Voss 2-3 levels lower than intended.

You can head back to belsavis and finish up whatever chains you didnt do there, run colicoid a couple times (even though it is the worst gosh darn FP in the game) or suck it up and space mission/pvp to 44.

With my shadow i did everything, and hit voss at 44 and was fine. With my scoundrel i skipped a lot of stuff and am at voss at level 42 and am a bit too low for all the stuff in there.

Edited by xQuicksilverx

You're 42 on Voss?

You should just be landing on Belsavis at that level.

But, if you want to level up some, the Hoth Bonus series unlocks at 42, and you can start doing that.

I'd also recommend looking around on Belsavis for more side quests to do. While the game is generally forgiving of being underleveled by 1 or 2, 5 is a bit much.

You skipped much content..

I have 3 50's and can tell you did something wrong as I hit Voss at 45/46.

Play all of the game -you can skip space missions though.

Did you do the daily PvP ONE MATCH WIN?

Did you do the daily Flashpoint?

Did you do Heroic quests in each zone? Not all but at least some?

----

After all that if you are still low on XP, do space missions lol

I am a strictly solo/sometimes buddy or a very occasional heroic kinda gal until I hit 50 and was looking forward to raids with my guild. I have a 42 sith sorc/sage and a 43 jedi counselor that are basically at a standstill on Voss due to no doable/solo quests for them.

I don't like the space missions as i find controling the ship annoying and shy away from flashpoints/heroics because I hate waiting around and trying to get a decent pug. I really enjoy the solo play and have went back and finished all the other planet bonus quests i can do for my level. When I got stuck on my sith at 42 I thought I did something wrong and made the jedi. Here I am again, stuck with no quests that I can do solo and live. They are all red, red, red!!!

I really had no problem with the rest of the leveling process, finding many quests to keep me leveling before i ventured on to that next frontier. If I cannot solo past 42-43 doing regular quests, I will be deleting my account and begin the disappointing venture back into Wow again. I don't see guilds offering help to level because the newness has not worn off for people. I would like at least 1 toon at 50. My toons are 43. 42, 24, 22, 17.

Anyway...just my rant about not enough leveling-type quests at th higher levels. Disappointed.

Really....??? I agree with the level comments but Really?? lool

Go back to Alderaan and do the bonus questline, lvl 40 ish, there are also 3 "bonus" heroics (2 H2 and 1 H4), you can manage to get a level or 2, just group with someone for the Heroics.

Also on Balsora, there is a Heroic called "Jungle Flight" (as rep), you might have the same as imp, and it's is very quick and soloable, just run to the back of the cave (very small one), die, revive 6 sec, do the clicky and run out, that will rack you up 12K XP each.

I did the Hoth bonus quests and all that is left are L 50 mobs. I searched belsavis and I guess I could do dailies till I level. Is there a good link for dailies on Belsavis and Hoth?

I think the reason I am stuck is because they factored heroics and flashpoints into the higher leveling process and skimped on the solo play. (See Quesh) I completed many many quests that were 3-4 levels over me along the path. I just am able to do that. I cannot however, hit mobs 5 levels over me hence the stuck :) Hopefully I can find some dailies that my 42 and 43 can do. Thanks to anyone that can help this poor stuck pair of toons.

Isn't Voss for levels 44 - 47? Seems like you've over-levelled a bit. Maybe you have missed a quest hub and need to go back and make sure you have revealed as much of the map as possible on your previous planets? Generally speaking, if I do virtually all the class/side quests and bonus series I find I am the right level for the next planet.

Having said this, I too have found Voss lacking in suitable quests - although at lvl 45.

Strange, everywhere i went i was around 4 levels overleveled. Granted i did some PvP to get the level 40 PvP armor and i did some Space Missions. I did all the solo quests and all the heroics up to tattooine.

But that cant be over 5 level difference.

Did you do the bonus quest chains on the planets when they were available ?

...and shy away from flashpoints/heroics because I hate waiting around and trying to get a decent pug.

That's your problem right there. Heroics are insanely good for experience and also gear. Why people skip these is beyond me. Also, I bet you skipped the Nar Shaddaa bonus series that's available at lvl 28.

If you do every quest on a planet and do your daily space missions, you should be hitting new planets at the high end of the planet level (hitting a 20-24 planet at lvl 24).

/shrug

Edited by Rufcat

I thought I did all the Alderon bonus stuff. I did that at 38 but I will check ty. I also forced myself to go back and sit for hours trying to get groups for the heroics on Hoth. I finally completed several of those..ugh, all that time sitting lfg. Edited by Darkwords

Don't see how you managed this. On all my characters so far, I ended up skipping one or two planets for a large part(Aside from class story) because my level simply shot past it.

My merc did a part of Alderaan, not too much, though, then I did the class stuff, and moved on to Taris. Then once I came to Hoth I was like "I want Blizz!" So I went to do my class story, then by the time I finished I was into the levels for Belsavis, so I jumped ahead. She finished it, and Voss, then did my class stuff on Corellia and that's it.

My sorc who just dinged 50 yesterday(Though had finished the class story by 47 and was close to 48 at the end, then shuffled to 50 slowly), skipped 90% of Alderaan, more than my merc, even, Hoth I left half-finished. Corellia again, untouched aside from the class story. And this time, Voss, too, I didn't finish. I did a large part of it, but didn't finish it.

Neither of them I normally did excessive amounts of PvP/space combat, so while it helped, I didn't get that much from it. On my sorc I did less space stuff than my merc, too.

My Jedi Sentinel also skipped ahead quite a bit(Though ditched her at 32 due to the class being no much hassle to be fun to solo on half the time), so..Again, I don't see how you managed it, sounds more like you skipped planets somehow somewhere.

Also, I didn't do a lot of the bonus series, either. Mainly did the Tatooine one and Taris one, I believe. That's about it.

I did the Hoth bonus quests and all that is left are L 50 mobs. I searched belsavis and I guess I could do dailies till I level. Is there a good link for dailies on Belsavis and Hoth?

I think the reason I am stuck is because they factored heroics and flashpoints into the higher leveling process and skimped on the solo play. (See Quesh) I completed many many quests that were 3-4 levels over me along the path. I just am able to do that. I cannot however, hit mobs 5 levels over me hence the stuck :) Hopefully I can find some dailies that my 42 and 43 can do. Thanks to anyone that can help this poor stuck pair of toons.

Yep, at some point you'll simply need some additional means of experience aquisition to progress on top of the bonus series. Whether that's Space Combat, Heroics, Flashpoints or PewVeePew. Or.. park your toon in a cantina every night, and just grind mobs by day, WoW style.

By the time you can solo the daily heroics on some planet, like Hoth, you probably won't get much experience from them anymore though. So I'd bite the bullet and just ask someone in your guild to help you through this end boss that's holding you up. It's maybe 10 minutes, but very much worth the effort.

Neither of them I normally did excessive amounts of PvP/space combat, so while it helped, I didn't get that much from it.

If you do all the dailies available on a given day, you will actually get about a third of a level, so, say you take a month to level up a toon, and do spacecombat maybe twice a week, but when you do spacecombat, you immediately do all the missions available, you'll actually earn 2-3 character levels from spacecombat alone. Which could be just enough to push through some tough boss on your own. Better stats, improved abilities with higher damage/heal, better CC on adds, it all helps.

i was 50 before i got to tatooine... so yeah.. cant really help you with that.

kind of fail to see why people skip quests. since story is the only semi redeeming aspect of this game. rest is utter garbage.

Getting stuck around 42 is exactly what will happens if you stick to only the quests, even if you do all of them. You HAVE to do either Space Combat, Flashpoints, PewVeePew or Heroics to progress any further, or you just won't be able to take down some boss in your class story. Even if you do those other things "just moderately" along your progress before that, it'll help. But you won't progress on story alone.

In my opinion, experience gains from quests should be increased quite a bit, like 20-30%, but with much stronger diminishing returns on the experience gains when outleveling the content as well. Effectively, you'll get less people "stuck" at some point, while also reducing the amount of people who vastly outlevel the content all throughout their progress.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.