cancel subscriptions

BCrab

I guarantee in the real world if someone produced a product such as this they would be fired. Imagine buying a car with these issues or a tv, toaster, home theatre system.

I have canceled my subscription and not because of the bugs but more about the poor end game, the poor development of simple things such as not linking stuff in chat, or an item in the AH **** fail AH! So yeah in all its splendour WOW will remain top this game won't do it and I really thought it could have.

but who cares the die hards will stick around till no one decent is left to play. Then it will be given the death sentence of "free to play" and oh well there is always Diablo III....

I hope I am wrong I hope they make extreme radical changes to this **** and it survives and maybe we could all come back so I'll leave a positive and believe in the force (but not the current developers) and hope it will work out so we can all come back any enjoy a great game like it was meant to be.

This product was produced in the real world, if you hadnt noticed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee in the real world if someone produced a product such as this they would be fired. Imagine buying a car with these issues or a tv, toaster, home theatre system.

I have canceled my subscription and not because of the bugs but more about the poor end game, the poor development of simple things such as not linking stuff in chat, or an item in the AH **** fail AH! So yeah in all its splendour WOW will remain top this game won't do it and I really thought it could have.

but who cares the die hards will stick around till no one decent is left to play. Then it will be given the death sentence of "free to play" and oh well there is always Diablo III....

I hope I am wrong I hope they make extreme radical changes to this **** and it survives and maybe we could all come back so I'll leave a positive and believe in the force (but not the current developers) and hope it will work out so we can all come back any enjoy a great game like it was meant to be.

I bought a toyotta a couple of years ago. Had to recall the gas pedal it got stuck. Toyotta is still here making cars. That was potentially LIFE THREATENING.. yet toyotta is still massively sucesful. Go figure.

Edited by TonyIommi

The game is perfect and the updates are great so lets just pretend this giant company is flawless and not voice our opinions on something that some users have an issue with. Please let me know how great updates are and they should happen every two days and that no one is effected not even by their job schedules. It is all about the jobless who can play all day and will not be affected by the downtime. It is a weekly scheduled event that seems to happen every couple days so I find that argument a bit dumb but keep preaching it. It is making the game better for the jobless so keep preaching that. I just want to play and if I can't do something I can't do something and will wait for the weekly or monthly patch that shouldn't take take 4 hours to implement. Perhaps they need fork over some of the subscriber money and hire some programmers from facebook.

Although I do enjoy the game, for the most part, it is the worst quality piece of software I have bought in years. While I support fixing the game I don't quite agree with the methodology being used here. A lot of the things they are throwing incremental patches at should have been dealt with before release.

I shudder to think what people would say and the volume of salty tears that would flow if SWTOR players had to endure a scheduled downtime each day like we do with Eve.

This game probably has more subs than wow in the west at the moment, or at least they are very close in subscribers. Most of Wow's subs reside in asia. Back when it was 11.5 mill i think 4 million of that was in the west (europe NA) it has nowhere near those numbers now. And SWtor isnt available in asia at the moment and probably wont be for quite some time.

The game is perfect and the updates are great so lets just pretend this giant company is flawless and not voice our opinions on something that some users have an issue with.

How about we all just decide to stop suddenly becoming idiots when we need to voice an opinion?

BTW all those products you listed do have issues, they are called recalls :)

Besides that, the reason alot of those products aren't like that is 1. They have been making them for over 100 years at this point, and 2. If they fail they can cause a fatality. Just ask Toyota how fun it is to put out sub-standard vehicles for a couple of years.

Only way to fix the issue with constant updates is for a mass subscription cancelling and I'm not sure it will be done. I can't bring myself to do it yet but am close. Love the game but the tards should of fixed most of this in beta. It is unacceptable and in any other job you would be fired.

You wanna talk bugs, play a Bethesda game.

Also, this is an MMO, there is ALWAYS stuff to do, update and fix. An MMO is never finished unless it's dead.

Probably a bit early to cancel subscriptions but patching is an issue, particularly the timing for European customers. Right now it seems the only market Bioware is interested in is the US. Natural in many ways but a nuisance for the rest of the world.

I can see what you are saying, but I feel that SWTOR just has too many issues wrong with it to fix.

Like a house built on a crooked foundation. :(

People said the same thing about WoW, heck they had a problem far worse than SWTOR, WoW couldn't even stay online half the time.

Heck my server, Shattered Hand, didn't get stable until right before TBC, and still had some issues after that. We lost several world progression guilds off our server because it was so bad.

Minmum standards for business where I live practiced by the most prominent company offering online services is greater than 99% up-time.

24*7 = 168 hours per week.

To find the uptime versus actual hours in the week we only need to divide 8/168 = A very long number but rounded down, SWTOR is running at 2.83% downtime, which is way more than unacceptable.

I can see what you are saying, but I feel that SWTOR just has too many issues wrong with it to fix.

Like a house built on a crooked foundation. :(

point is it's ahead of one the markets top mmo's during same age. game is not even 2 months old it's going be buggy it's new born baby pretty much. if it's still bad to most after 1 year then okay but to me i see it as brainless to complain on mmo not even 2 months old. all mmo's are buggy months after.

This game probably has more subs than wow in the west at the moment, or at least they are very close in subscribers. Most of Wow's subs reside in asia. Back when it was 11.5 mill i think 4 million of that was in the west (europe NA) it has nowhere near those numbers now. And SWtor isnt available in asia at the moment and probably wont be for quite some time.

LMAO. Not even close bud. They trail WOW by something on the order of 9 million subs.

http://mmodata.blogspot.com/

People said the same thing about WoW, heck they had a problem far worse than SWTOR, WoW couldn't even stay online half the time.

Heck my server, Shattered Hand, didn't get stable until right before TBC, and still had some issues after that. We lost several world progression guilds off our server because it was so bad.

I'm not talking about servers not staying online.

I'm talking about how much of the game feels... "Plasticky"... for lack of a better word.

There are core design issues that probably can't be fixed. And it makes me sad.

I'm not talking about servers not staying online.

I'm talking about how much of the game feels... "Plasticky"... for lack of a better word.

There are core design issues that probably can't be fixed. And it makes me sad.

"Plasticky" is hardly an objective criteria and probably not a feeling shared by many people playing the game. Don't quote me your *********** yes/no thread either btw. Forum trolls from 4 chan talking **** about a game is hardly surprising.

bingo exactly and it's been number 1 ranked mmo how long. love or hate folks give swtor time to grow.

Because you can make a first time foray into the MMO market and not have any problems whatsoever.

I get it, there are shutdowns, and sometimes, it really does bug me especially when I'm on a leveling spree. But it happens, it will happen. This is a quality game and quality will be maintained.

Be patient and enjoy yourself. Shutdowns were a nightly thing back in 05 when WoW vanilla was released.

Honestly? I'm going to go check on my infant daughter and get some sleep (or however much sleep she'll let me have before its time to wake mommy again)

Maybe you should do the same. (Err...I mean sleep wise, having a baby...not for everyone)

Only way to fix the issue with constant updates is for a mass subscription cancelling and I'm not sure it will be done. I can't bring myself to do it yet but am close. Love the game but the tards should of fixed most of this in beta. It is unacceptable and in any other job you would be fired.

Hah no ... I don't know where to start but so so so so no.