5k Dmg in PvP

Emperorx

I am a Battlemaster Watchman specced Sentinel. I have at least champion gear and my crit rate is 35% buffed and surge is at a normal 82%. Even when I fight with my adrenals and relics used, I have never hit for 5k dmg before. I came close but I never was able to get the medal. What exactly should I do to achieve it?

The way I get 5K+ hits is:

1. Might Stim(Should have this up for all Warzones)

2. Valorous Call (30 Centering)

3. Inspiration(+15% Damage, 15 seconds)

4. Warzone Expertise Adrenal (+15% Expertise | +15% Damage/+15% Damage reduction)

5. Merciless Slash on Light Armored DPS.

Dispatch hits the same, but may not give you that credit considering its 20% health only.

However, I have 33% Crit 87% Surge. I use my Nightmare Mode Random Damage relics. Can do bigger hits with +Power Relic. I do around 5.1K-5.2K.

Edited by THEPROTAGONIST

with vicious throw on my marauder i've hit 5k a few times and have had to blow everything to hit 5k with annihilate.

Overkill doesn't count towards medals. It's the only reason 5k is even a milestone.

Edited by ShiroRX

I'm combat spec.

1. Rakata Stim + Power Relic - these last 15-20 seconds.

2. (optional) Inspiration, as it gives 15% damage on top for 15 seconds.

3. Blade Rush (100% crit chance for Blade Storm + 1 extra focus after 6 seconds)

4. Precision Slash (100% armor penetration for 6 seconds)

5. Blade Storm

Then, 9 seconds later my Blade Storm is back, while my stuff Stim+Power Relic are still buffed up (but my Precision Slash still has 6-9 more seconds on cooldown) so I just do the rotation AGAIN but just without precision slash this time.. not AS hard but it's still hits hard lol.

I have 90% surge & 695 base min. damage

I have 30% base crit, but this isn't too much of a worry as my Blade Storm always 100% crits regardless, so this is just to bring my damage up while it's on its cooldown (9 seconds)

You may think Focus does more damage then Combat, but that is false. The only reason you would think Focus does indeed do much more damage is because the template resolves around Sweep (AOE) whereas Combat doesn't. This resorts in Focus 'sometimes' having more DPS at the end of a WarZone.. I say sometimes cause I can out DPS my friends who are Focus but some wait for massive groups at doors before blowing their sweep ability.. and sure, you did a lot of AOE damage but who actually did more single-target damage? who got more solo kills? who got a better k/d ratio? yep, that's right, me.

Edited by CivicTiger

Watchman has the hardest time getting a 5k crit because Merciless has zero armor penetration and no surge bonus. Therefore you need a lot of surge, stack all buffs/stims/adrenals and hit an Inquisitor with low expertise.

Combat and Focus have it MUCH easier.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

I am a Battlemaster Watchman specced Sentinel. I have at least champion gear and my crit rate is 35% buffed and surge is at a normal 82%. Even when I fight with my adrenals and relics used, I have never hit for 5k dmg before. I came close but I never was able to get the medal. What exactly should I do to achieve it?

remove some crit and stack more power.

5k regular crits with MS without adrenal if you build your char properly.

I'm sitting at a little over 1500 str, 32% crit, 84% surge, 310 bonus, no pvp gear at all. Outside of PvP, other than Master Strike of course, my hardest hitting ability as Combat is Blade Storm (well Dispatch/Pommel/Opportune, but you know what I mean). With the stats listed, I crit for 3100 pretty consistently with Precision up. So with 500+ exp, fighting against somebody else with 500+ exp, which would pretty much neutralize any bonus damage from exp...how the HELL are you guys doing over 2k more than me? I honestly just want to know.

I have Rakata ear, belt, bracers. Columi head. Modable gear most other places with all 50+ epic mods/armor/enhancement/hilt/crystal. I've been turned off from pvp because I'm pub and without exp at 50 I just get facerolled over and over (that and I'm Combat, the most UP spec).

What is your guys AVERAGE crits, not all lined up with Inspiration/Stims/Relics etc. I just need to know if I'm doing something wrong.

remove some crit and stack more power.

5k regular crits with MS without adrenal if you build your char properly.

Can I ask what your build looks like? I've never hit 5k on a crit that I recall. 4800 is my max. I appreciate your time and advice.

1. Stim

2. Crit / Surge relic

3. Adrenal

4. Expertise Buff

5. Inspiration

6. Non shielded Sorc

7. Explosion 5k +

Do you have BM sabers?

I'm sitting at a little over 1500 str, 32% crit, 84% surge, 310 bonus, no pvp gear at all. Outside of PvP, other than Master Strike of course, my hardest hitting ability as Combat is Blade Storm (well Dispatch/Pommel/Opportune, but you know what I mean). With the stats listed, I crit for 3100 pretty consistently with Precision up. So with 500+ exp, fighting against somebody else with 500+ exp, which would pretty much neutralize any bonus damage from exp...how the HELL are you guys doing over 2k more than me? I honestly just want to know.

I have Rakata ear, belt, bracers. Columi head. Modable gear most other places with all 50+ epic mods/armor/enhancement/hilt/crystal. I've been turned off from pvp because I'm pub and without exp at 50 I just get facerolled over and over (that and I'm Combat, the most UP spec).

What is your guys AVERAGE crits, not all lined up with Inspiration/Stims/Relics etc. I just need to know if I'm doing something wrong.

That seems about right. Im full Rakata and if i ever spec combat my average crits (only with self buff, no stims) would be around 3600 on my blade storms .... I love the combat tree a lot, but damn dude ... try getting used to watchman its OP!

Combat. I'm not Biochem.

Battlemaster gear including weapons.

BladeStorm following Blade rush and precision strike with a PvP pot an crit surge battlemaster relic going. I've NEVER even hit for 4k.

Not sure what kind of undergeared targets you guys have or what I'm doing wrong but I'm a solid 1.5k under 5k every time.

Edited by thanealpha

Why do you want to hit for 5k? Watchman is not built around big hits, its about massive fire dots, keeping your target locked out of casting, and survivability through self healing and CDs.

Huge crits are not important when you can keep the healer from ever casting anything and burn him down just as quick with heavy dots and a merciless slash -> dispatch.

That seems about right. Im full Rakata and if i ever spec combat my average crits (only with self buff, no stims) would be around 3600 on my blade storms .... I love the combat tree a lot, but damn dude ... try getting used to watchman its OP!

I went Watchman with my first 11 or so points, and was turned off because it was all focused around dots, and while leveling, only elites would survive long enough for dots to even be effective. So I went Combat from like 21 to 50...learning a brand new spec would be rough. I get the basis of it, keep dots up, MS every time it's off cd, when Overload Saber is up, try to weave in force attacks with melee to prolong the dot (figured that part out for myself, then confirmed with a little forum reading).

I hate balancing things, it feels way too much like feral kitty again. So, many, cooldowns...but with the BUFF to Watchman today (like it needed buffing) I may give it a go...

honestly i don't think sentinel is capable of it. Our class is designed around smaller but faster strikes and flow. the highest my merc has crit with inspiration up and the wz dmg buff was about 4.5 or 4.6k? can't recall it exactly but yeah, in the future with new content and higher gear we might be able too.. but for now im content to burn things down at the speed i can haha, ive gotten a 5k sweep as focus before, on a 50 with no pvp gear. and combats suped up blade storm is pathetic. Edited by HollowVamp