Guardian DPS. Crit or Power?

Ullric

So, according to this site I found:

Jedi Knight Guardian stats priority:

110% Accuracy > Strength > Power > Critical Strike Rating > Surge Rating

That being said, Would it be better to use the Adegan +Crit crystal over a purple quality +Power one?

Or is the site totally wrong and I should be getting crit? Surge?

Help?

:-)

What is your goal?

You dont need accuracy. Forget about it. If you are going PVP than - surge - power - crit.

well accuracy affects the dmg amount you do it isn't useless, but most people don't use much accuracy lowering skills.

Weird thing is, higher tier gear seems to be crit based... I just got the daily commendations earpiece and there's no power in it...

And I have the recipes for the magenta crystal, both Crit and Power...not I'm not sure what to do...but if I was gonna switch to crit, that would suck because that would mean replacing a LOT of mods etc...

And what about Accuracy? 110% or useless?

And what about Accuracy? 110% or useless?

You should have 100%+ Accuracy regardless of Spec, AC, or any other class. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

Anything over 100% Accuracy lowers the defenses (Shield chance, Defense/Party chance) of the opponent.

What is your spec? If you are Focus spec, I would concentrate on Crit over Power.
HAHAHA WHAT?

DO NOT STACK CRIT AS FOCUS.

Your big damaging ability -should be auto-critting-.

Stack surge and power.

Crit is only useful as Vigilance, because you're using a crapton of stuff that you want to see crit.

So of course theory crafting in this game is just awful without a combat log, but the last I heard was that accuracy over 100% only works for strike, which as vigilance you really shouldn't be using anyway.

My understanding of our stat priority is

Strength > Accuracy > Power > Surge > Crit . Under no circumstances should any piece of gear have alacrity on it for any reason.

But it's all close enough that item level is everything.

You should have 100%+ Accuracy regardless of Spec, AC, or any other class. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

Anything over 100% Accuracy lowers the defenses (Shield chance, Defense/Party chance) of the opponent.

Not necessarily. For example, pretty much every attack that a Scrapper Scoundrel uses is tech (except for quick shot, which is mostly filler waiting for cooldowns) which has 100% accuracy already.

You definitely want to strive for 105% accuracy as vigilance as your sundering strike and overhead are both white attacks. getting your sunder parried keeps you from applying plasma brand for 5 seconds..Getting your overhead parried you also lose a large portion of your dps. getting force charge parried will make you cry if you are using it to chase.

not hard to get a large amount of this otherwise ****** stat. im at 100% accuracy at the moment and you will definitely feel the difference in pvp.

for focus you can skip accuracy and just stack the **** out of power, surge and crit in that order..

Edited by VertisReaper

With the nerf to surge, it will be

Strength > Power > Surge > Crit/Accuracy

You really don't need Crit/Accuracy. I'd rather have Defense Rating than them. The most important for DPS are Power and Surge by far.

Edited by RocketL

Well as I usually say for vigilance in PvE

100% Accuracy > Strength > 40% Crit (over 40% is a waste, due to it no longer having any effect on some abilities) > Surge > power

However once you hit a certain point with your strength, Power and Strength shifts places, cause of diminishing returns, also if you somehow manage to hit those 40% crit, then power is also better than strength due to the lack of diminishing return on it and it being a cheaper stat, therefore more of it in comparison to strength.

You definitely want to strive for 105% accuracy as vigilance as your sundering strike and overhead are both white attacks.

They are white, but also special attacks, which means they also get a 10% accuracy bonus. Only Strike is a normal attack and we almost never use that.

So you want 100% accuracy for PvE, where bosses have around 10% defense chance. In PvP 100% is also not bad, considering that Inquisitors/Consulars have 10% base defense.

• 2 weeks later...

Bold statement saying other people don't know what they are takling about, when every single basic mechanic post says that accuracy over 100% only lowers defense. Not shield chance as you claim. Besides the only people with defense above 10% are basically tanks.

Nope, I'm vigilance.

Vig PVE IMO is Strength > Accuracy > Power > Crit/Surge. Most of your raw DPS comes from abilities with the 'Melee' descriptor rather than the 'Force' descriptor, which means Strength and Power both actively affect them. Power affects melee attacks, unlike Force Power (Only difference between them).

At what point do you prioritize power over strength?

Strength kind of comes in preset quantities. As long as you always take armorings and mods that have more strength than endurance, you should be at the sweet spot. Not sure if taking more strength or more power with augments is the best way to go. Power does what strength does better than strength when crit isn't an issue.

Edited by Onager