Slash or Bladestom Focus Dump for Watchman

urshen

Hey in pvp what to you guys prefer dumping focus with tool tip on slash is showing 1241-1477 and and BS was like 13xx-1461.. is there a damage reduction that would make it so slash is doing signifcantly less than TT making hte kinetic damage of bladestorm more reliable?

As watchman right now I am getting a good down time inbetween the high priority abilities and haven't decided which is better BS also has a 4 cost where as Slash has 2.

Yeah I am retarded didn't realize slash could refresh cautarize thought it was just merci slash need to read better... but the 4 focus vs 2 is a trade off if BS has been dealing more damage I might use that take the higher damage and use a global for strike and rebuild two focus I just don't know if BS + Strike > Slash + Slash damage however if slash can refresh cautarize its all moot. Thnx for the help.

If you're Watchman, Blade Storm shouldn't even be on your bars.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Neither should riposte if you play properly you will be focus starved already.

Edited by Trayne_

If it isnt already keep dispatch on your bar as a closer. Because of its high damage and 10m distance with low focus cost it makes for a great killblow shot to anyone below 20% health. As far as slash vs bladestorm slash is better overall for the stated reasons but, sometimes bladestorm is more beneficial depending on circumstance. If your able to maintain staying on top of your opponent (which you should) slash is obviously the better choice. But if you have an exceptionally mobile opponent that you cant latch onto bladestorm helps get extra damage on while your burns do there thing. As stated its situational and depends on what your fighting.

YOu answered your own question. With 4 focus you can slash TWICE or Bladestorm ONCE

You are also making a huge logical fallacy here by falling into the assumption that every thing is a perfect 1v1.

Bladestorm is hitting harder, burst is what you want if you are trying to kill someone before they are just healed. or help arrives. If I had the choice for doing one big Bladestorm hit or two smaller Slash hits I will go for the Bladestorm hit if it looks like the other guy is going to get healed.

Bladestorm is also one of our few ranged abilities and that is something that should not be ignored. Dispatch is only usable when the target's nearly dead (and let's face it, unless you're in your perfect little 1v1 world, you're not likely to get it off especially on a focus fired target) and Crippling Throw should be on CD all the time anyway in PvP.

Ignoring one of our hardest hitting abilities purely because another one is more Focus efficient over time is stupid. Especially when in PvP everything is situational.

Even in PvE, being able to fling out a massive hit in one GCD is also very useful. Burst phases in boss fights rely on stuff like this and I've saves group members a number of times by target switching, Bladestorming a weak target to kill it, then going back to my original.

A good Watchman will keep every ability on the hotbar and know when and where to use them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Neither should riposte if you play properly you will be focus starved already.

How is this remotely true Riposte is a great burst especially if you have the focus to hit with a merci slash but even with any of your other abilities it just increases the burst by that much more...

Watchman is not as focus starved as you think it is there is actually quite often down times where Merci Slash, Cautarize, and OS are on CD leaving VT if you need the debuff or Slash/Blade storm for damage...Riposte and Kick are both off the global which makes them great in situation you can use them obviously if OS/Cautarize/Merci Slash/focus builder are off cd ignore the riposte proc but if your on cd for your high priority abilities then there is no reason to let the focus sit, seeing as a charge+ZS+1 focus from a dot = enough for OS, Cataurize and Merci slash leaving you a good at least 4 seconds til everything is back up and ready...

If you're Watchman, Blade Storm shouldn't even be on your bars.

They're still on my bars, I just don't press them. There are a couple situations where bladestorm'ing a dude kiting you into execute range is a worthy use of 7 focus in a pinch.

Edited by ShiroRX