Sage/Sorc needs a nerf!!

Greyfeld

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also be rooted/stunned during the sprint, so maybe time your stuns better.

or maybe you should stop being a troll and read the quote history.. He was saying people could not do anything when he force ran. He did not say no one could do anything if he rooted/stunned and the force ran, but then he would have had to use 2 cooldowns to get away.

force leap and the equiv which also closes gaps.

mind snap and the equiv

distraction

Thant is just general skills, I am not sure about specialized from ACs

Fantastic, so JK/SW have a 15 second cooldown interrupt that doesn't lockout the ability, and Sorcs have a 12 second ranged interrupt that does lockout for 4 seconds.

So basically your advice to fighting a Sorc is a be a Sorc. That does seem to be the direction people are going but if you think Bioware WON'T nerf sorcs, balanced or not, when BGs are 95% sorc on both sides all the time you're new to MMO balance.

or maybe you should stop being a troll and read the quote history.. He was saying people could not do anything when he force ran. He did not say no one could do anything if he rooted/stunned and the force ran, but then he would have had to use 2 cooldowns to get away.

What? No I'm saying that other people can root/stun you while you try to sprint away, so maybe those classes should save their stuns for those situations when the Sage/Sorc tries to run away.

You can also be rooted/stunned during the sprint, so maybe time your stuns better.

Force speed. Cooldown 20-30 seconds.

Stun, cooldown 1 minute.

Clearly if only people were better at timing they could handle your ability with a half to a third of the cooldown. :rolleyes:

Fantastic, so JK/SW have a 15 second cooldown interrupt that doesn't lockout the ability, and Sorcs have a 12 second ranged interrupt that does lockout for 4 seconds.

So basically your advice to fighting a Sorc is a be a Sorc. That does seem to be the direction people are going but if you think Bioware WON'T nerf sorcs, balanced or not, when BGs are 95% sorc on both sides all the time you're new to MMO balance.

love how you conveniently left out the 3rd I listed. Lets also forget that force leap roots, closes the distance AND builds rage all at the same time, but then again, most of your arguments have been logically flawed.

Force speed. Cooldown 20-30 seconds.

Stun, cooldown 1 minute.

Clearly if only people were better at timing they could handle your ability with a half to a third of the cooldown. :rolleyes:

The primary reason a Sorc/Sage sprints away is to heal. If you stop them from doing that, you've gained an advantage. So try some more.

If you force leap into me with the foolish hope of killing me, after I have led you away from all your backup... and into my team.. You fail hard.

Yea people snare me lots when I pop force speed.... Good thing I still have my CC breaker...

There are ways for me to die... it is just brutally difficult for even a good player to do so.

A smart player would ignore me and attack something less Wiley.

What? No I'm saying that other people can root/stun you while you try to sprint away, so maybe those classes should save their stuns for those situations when the Sage/Sorc tries to run away.

my apologies, I dont know how many times I have force ran only to be snared, rooted, jumped to, or pulled.

love how you conveniently left out the 3rd I listed. Lets also forget that force leap roots, closes the distance AND builds rage all at the same time, but then again, most of your arguments have been logically flawed.

Missed that Distraction wasn't the Sage version of Mind Snap.

Ok, so the least played and most recently nerfed class also has a ranged interrupt with lockout.

The point stands that the vast majority of interrupts require melee range and a Sorc is never in melee range for long unless he decides to be there.

If you force leap into me with the foolish hope of killing me, after I have led you away from all your backup... and into my team.. You fail hard.

Yea people snare me lots when I pop force speed.... Good thing I still have my CC breaker...

There are ways for me to die... it is just brutally difficult for even a good player to do so.

You play in the sub 50 bracket. So really its pointless to even continue the discussion with you. Sorcs/Sage die very easily when more than one person is attacking them. And with the correct class, sin/marauder mainly, you can 1v1 them quite easily. And if you pop your CC breaker before you're full resolved, you're just dumb. Plus, you wasted the sprint because its only 2 seconds, and it will take 1.5 seconds to pop your trinket.

The primary reason a Sorc/Sage sprints away is to heal. If you stop them from doing that, you've gained an advantage. So try some more.

K, so lets assume you pop force speed. He uses his stun. You break and stun him. He breaks your stun. Trololo instant whirlwind.

By the time whirlwind is down your force speed is almost back, you're at full hp, your Overload is up, your bubble is refreshed, you're full force and have decided what range you want to be at when the whirlwind breaks.

K, so lets assume you pop force speed. He uses his stun. You break and stun him. He breaks your stun. Trololo instant whirlwind.

By the time whirlwind is down your force speed is almost back, you're at full hp, your Overload is up, your bubble is refreshed, you're full force and have decided what range you want to be at when the whirlwind breaks.

That's assuming I've kept absolutely no DoT's on the target the entire time, which is bad form, because I always keep Affliction and Crushing Darkness rolling.

You play in the sub 50 bracket. So really its pointless to even continue the discussion with you. Sorcs/Sage die very easily when more than one person is attacking them. And with the correct class, sin/marauder mainly, you can 1v1 them quite easily. And if you pop your CC breaker before you're full resolved, you're just dumb. Plus, you wasted the sprint because its only 2 seconds, and it will take 1.5 seconds to pop your trinket.

Neither of My trinkets are a CC breaker.

and who said anything about where my resolve bar was at?

Good luck ever putting me in a position where 2 of you can beat on me with impunity... I am at the back of the pack... and i have peripheral vision.. (crazy concept I know)

damn do I really have to get into the lame unrewarding backwards lvl 50 bracket that everyone complains about for my opinion to matter?

That's assuming I've kept absolutely no DoT's on the target the entire time, which is bad form, because I always keep Affliction and Crushing Darkness rolling.

Even if you do have dots, you get the time it takes from when you cast WW until the dot breaks it plus 2 seconds of stun. Worst case.

Even if you do have dots, you get the time it takes from when you cast WW until the dot breaks it plus 2 seconds of stun. Worst case.

Not if I've already stunned him. Depending on when Affliction ticks, WW could break instantly, and if they are full resolve (which since I've already stunned them once before, they are) then the 2 second stun doesn't affect them.

Neither of My trinkets are a CC breaker.

and who said anything about where my resolve bar was at?

Good luck ever putting me in a position where 2 of you can beat on me with impunity... I am at the back of the pack... and i have peripheral vision.. (crazy concept I know)

damn do I really have to get into the lame unrewarding backwards lvl 50 bracket that everyone complains about for my opinion to matter?

You seem to fail to realize that I play a Sorc.

And yes, you need to get to 50 because sub 50 most classes lack their complete toolkit, which means of course certain classes at certain levels are going to do better than others at different levels. The game isn't meant to be balanced sub 50, so trying to talk about balance sub 50 is pointless.

Oh and sorry, when I say trinket, I mean your CC breaker, not your relics. Sorry, WoW lingo sometimes comes out.

Edited by TetraCleric

because no one...NO ONE on the opposing team will attack you...and DoT's..no he didnt dot you at all..He couldnt have done damage to you and DoT'ed, a sorc never does that :rolleyes:

I love your hypothetical situations that always end up with you somehow in the most horrible, unrealistic position possible.

Yea... It's not that I'm doing better then some classes at certain lvl's... I'm going to do better then every other class at every level... regardless of what level I am.. all the way up to 49.

But not 50.. according to you.

But I guess that doesn't matter?

Ill take your word for it as I wont sentence myself to lvl 50 pvp at this point of the game.

All I know is, there are talents and tools that I am soon going to get that will push me even further... and at this point.. No one in the 1-49 brackets poses any problems for me.

it sure is fun to have a sage alt though... everyone should make one.

Edited by KurleyKilla

Yea... It's not that I'm doing better then some classes at certain lvl's... I'm going to do better then every other class at every level... regardless of what level I am.. all the way up to 49.

Ill take your word for it as I wont sentence myself to lvl 50 pvp at this point of the game.

All I know is, there are talents and tools that I am soon going to get that will push me even further... and at this point.. No one in the 1-49 brackets poses any problems for me.

Except that's not the case at all. At 50, Marauders/Sentinels will tear you apart. Assassins/Shadows (if played correctly) will do the same. Hell even Guardian/Juggs or other Sorc/Sage will tear you apart if they can pick you off from your team.

Of course, using your team to your advantage to peel attackers off separates good players from not so good players, and that is exactly how you should play your sage as a healer.

with a 400ms reaction time you are going to get like 10 m using your cc breaker, which is more useful for stuns.

See thats how my toon is now. I am left alone to cast on people. I AoE people in piece..and I can lure the random lvl 20 to a 1 v 1 I am confident he will lose.

I stay away from vanguards and smugglers like the plague.

Because of that, I havent been in a WZ where im not in the top 2. ( sometimes the occasional sniper or Merc will outdps me).

This doesnt work at 50.

People are not only geared

They have all the tools they need to make your life a living HELL

Smugglers rip through you, and their is no hiding from them..its like they are out to find you no matter what ( ok over exaggeration but they will do what ever they can to F*** you up).

Mercs go pyro and figure out that they can burst you down with their dots that BYPASS your armor

Arsenal mercs learn that they can destroy you with a full heatseeker rotation (2k-2.5k-3k-4k-3k unload-3k railshot if your still alive)

Vanguards laugh at you as they walk on your face and use the rest of your body as a punching bag.

Assassins will annoy the ever living **** out of you.

and that random sniper will all of a sudden hit you for 4k when you think your alone trying to heal.

50 is a different ball game when you play against people that know 12 ways to kill you.

Theirs a reason you see a lot of sorcs/sages in lower level pvp..its easy there.