Sage/Sorc needs a nerf!!

Greyfeld

No matter what class I play, the opposing team's Sage/Sorc players always dominate. The problem is, they just have too many tools at their disposal. Despite wearing light armor, they're extremely durable because of their bubble. If a fight goes south, they can always pop their in-combat sprint and run away. And with an insta-slow on top of the passive snare on their rocks/lightning, it's impossible to run from one unless you happen to catch them in CC with their CC-breaker on cooldown. And even standing toe-to-toe with them doesn't work, because they have DoTs that allow them to deal fire-and-forget damage, then pillar hump the nearest LoS object while they heal themselves.

There's no warzone they don't excel in, and there's no 1v1 fight they can't win. And to top it off, they can still fall back and heal their teammates in group situations if their DPS isn't doing the job.

The Sage/Sorc is just good at too many things, and has way too many tools for combat disruption and soft crowd control. This is a constant the holds true in my mind no matter which class I face off against them with.

And this doesn't take into account that all of their damage bypasses almost all types of armor and defenses.

Let the flame war commence!

Edited by Greyfeld

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware wont touch them, just reroll.

probably this... i truly feel that no-cd fore lightning/rock throw is a little ridiculous... since it slows you and has a 30 yd range, so you just chain cast it... That's really my only problem...

It's pretty hard to do anything with 4 sages throwing rocks at your face or pushing you away as soon as you charge into them, then slowing you again so you can't get back after their 2sec root is up... I agree but they only need to be slightly touched.

I just played a huttball where 6 hybrid light / madness sorcs were on the opposite team, each did over 100k healing, when I looked at the other dps classes They didn't do over 15k heals.

So why should sorcs be able to heal 7-10 times what another average dps heals for?

And why is static barrier still unaffected by trauma? 4.3k absorb every 17 seconds..

And why are dps sorc's main heal larger than every other dps classes main heal.

(5k+ compared to 3.5k crit)

I mean sorc's seem pretty balanced with their damage output, but someone should look at their healing.

For a hybrid dps spec they should not be rivaling healers numbers.

probably this... i truly feel that no-cd fore lightning/rock throw is a little ridiculous... since it slows you and has a 30 yd range, so you just chain cast it... That's really my only problem...

It's pretty hard to do anything with 4 sages throwing rocks at your face or pushing you away as soon as you charge into them, then slowing you again so you can't get back after their 2sec root is up... I agree but they only need to be slightly touched.

Not sure why people like you always make these claims, "It's pretty hard to do anything with 4 sages throwing rocks at your face or pushing you away as soon as you charge into them"

4 of ANY CLASS on you is going to be "pretty hard".

Cool story otherwise.

I just played a huttball where 6 hybrid light / madness sorcs were on the opposite team, each did over 100k healing, when I looked at the other dps classes They didn't do over 15k heals.

So why should sorcs be able to heal 7-10 times what another average dps heals for?

And why is static barrier still unaffected by trauma? 4.3k absorb every 17 seconds..

I mean sorc's seem pretty balanced with their damage output, but someone should look at their healing.

I think Their shield counts as a "heal" so they throw a shield up on anyone/themselves they get heal numbers. Those should be defense IMHO.

Coz they outgear you. If you can't beat a sage or a sorc in similar gear then you need to learn to. It's not difficult, and if you need to come to the forums and ask for a class nerf then you are more than likely lacking in gear, skill or experience or all three .

Coz they outgear you. If you can't beat a sage or a sorc in similar gear then you need to learn to. It's not difficult, and if you need to come to the forums and ask for a class nerf then you are more than likely lacking in gear, skill or experience or all three .

^^ obviously plays a sage/sorc.

Lol 100k is healers numbers. You have bad healers unless u are talking 10-49 bracket. I regularly heal for 400k+ as a full heal spec in WZ's.

I think Their shield counts as a "heal" so they throw a shield up on anyone/themselves they get heal numbers. Those should be defense IMHO.

So they can get 2 additional medals averaging 13 instead of 11..

Pretty sure it's a mechanic problem and not a gear problem too, If they're using a precast static barrier and one during the fight averaging 8k in absorbs, I'm pretty sure doing over 50% self heals in any given fight + their 20% armor is better than having heavy armor by far.

Lol 100k is healers numbers. You have bad healers unless u are talking 10-49 bracket. I regularly heal for 400k+ as a full heal spec in WZ's.

So if you're doing 400k heals they're doing 1/4 as much as you, and any other dps is doing under 1/20th as much.

For those of you who are already jumping on the "you suck, Sage/Sorc are fine" bandwagon, I'm not talking about raw healing or raw damage. I'm talking about the whole package. They have far more utility than any single class has any business having.

So if you're doing 400k heals they're doing 1/4 as much as you, and any other dps is doing under 1/20th as much.

Right, but if they are doing over 100k in heals they are not doing 400k+ damage as well. There is a tradeoff, if you are doing that much healing you are not doing you full potential in damage.

Right, but if they are doing over 100k in heals they are not doing 400k+ damage as well. There is a tradeoff, if you are doing that much healing you are not doing you full potential in damage.

Yes they are, they are doing mid 300k dmg. And those heals in the form of static barrier and resurgance dark infusions. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

I don't think what they are doing is important. I think the point is what they can do. The fact that they can pull back on the DPS and out-heal any other non-heal specced AC in the field is a problem.

Only nerf Sorc/Sage needs is the timer for their bubble to start when its lost and not when its gained.

Anything else would be overdoing it.

Exactly my point, just like the PW:S nerf in wow. Where disc priests and shadow priests were precasting, and thus getting twice the benefit.

I think other than that issue the class is very balanced. They're supposed to have mobility and utility.

Well now that I think about it 17 seconds would be a long time to recase, but there must be some median there. Where the mechanic is actually balanced. In most fights against a good sorc you're dpsing through 8.5k in absorbs before you're actually damaging them.

Edited by Slashtwo

For those of you who are already jumping on the "you suck, Sage/Sorc are fine" bandwagon, I'm not talking about raw healing or raw damage. I'm talking about the whole package. They have far more utility than any single class has any business having.

As opposed to the "I'm terrible sorc/sage should be nerfed" bandwagon? You don't even understand the class, if you did you would realise you can only be a master of healing or dos, or average at both. The only reason a hybrid spec could possibly have an advantage over any other classes is what gear they are using. If you can point by point show me how the class is op then let's hear it. All I have seen so far is people complaining that a utility based class that can heal and do damage does exactly what it's supposed to.

Elaborate with evidence that you understand class mechanics.

"but you are a sorc/sage" - yes so I at least I know the class, you obviously don't.

this again people?

sorcs are balanced. theyre one of the weakest classes 1v1, their best outlook is to run away

oh and chain lightning.. the BIGGEST CRITS i see are ticks of 1k

thats 3k over 3 second~ since most sorcs stack crit/surge over alacrity

how int hat same 3 seconds a merc can cast tracer missile twice critting for 3k+ each

or a sniper can do roughly 7-8k ina global cooldown

or an operative opens on me, vanishes and reopens for 5k each

you all need to **** because we're the squishiest class and have the LOWEST single target burst. our roles are to apply aoe pressure

cry more

Edited by wwkingms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.